MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the remains are bones it isnt Jessica . If it is a body a picture can tell us if it is Jessica. We dont need DNA. Why speculate on places to leave bodies when we have one to eliminate.

The girl suggested to be these remains has been missing since August....leading me to think the rate of decomposition is obviously not Jessica

I was paranoid prior to joining WS. Now it's been magnified by 1, 000. It's not unheard of for someone to insert themselves in an investigation due to a hero complex. Especially in a case like this. Perps do hang around and visit crime scenes. The first time I heard about glasses guy, my antenna was raised. If the case is so high profile why did he wait until the next afternoon to come forward? Don't forget he gave them to a reporter and not LE. Granted, maybe he didn't want to be on their radar. So many things don't seem right. We're here to sleuth and no theory should be discounted. Imo

I was paranoid prior to joining WS. Now it's been magnified by 1, 000. It's not unheard of for someone to insert themselves in an investigation due to a hero complex. Especially in a case like this. Perps do hang around and visit crime scenes. The first time I heard about glasses guy, my antenna was raised. If the case is so high profile why did he wait until the next afternoon to come forward? Don't forget he gave them to a reporter and not LE. Granted, maybe he didn't want to be on their radar. So many things don't seem right. We're here to sleuth and no theory should be discounted. Imo
Ok, so new theory. A group of people?

Part of my frustration stems from personally seeing TAH in a silver town and country yesterday....he lives within 5 minutes of this gas station, I have reported to the police but still waiting...

He's the only RSO we have been able to connect to a silver town and country that im aware of?

What if..we looked and found someone that looks creepily similar on a persons friends list..but it looks like he has bee incarcerated since 2011. How can I find out if he was recently released? I don't want to point fingers. (fyi a screenshot of his fb profile was sent in) I don't want to start rumors, or accuse I would just like to know how I can find that info out. (if anyone is following I found him on JT friends list initials GCR) is that a rumor? Mods delete if so. Thanks.

DH and I have been out and about this afternoon and heard a brief report about Jessica Heeringa on WWJ (CBS local) radio. It's the first news about the case which hasn't made local reports since the middle of last week. My apologies if this has already been posted.

Police Get 1,000 Tips In Gas Station Clerk Abduction

May 5, 2013 1:47 PM

NORTON SHORES (WWJ) – Tips are still pouring in now more than a week since the disappearance of a Muskegon County woman.

In a live interview on WWJ Newsradio 950 on Sunday, Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw said they’ve received more than 1,000 tips in the case of 25-year-old Jessica Heeringa, who was abducted from a gas station where she had been working...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/05/05/police-get-1000-tips-in-gas-station-clerk-abduction/

Part of my frustration stems from personally seeing TAH in a silver town and country yesterday....he lives within 5 minutes of this gas station, I have reported to the police but still waiting...

He's the only RSO we have been able to connect to a silver town and country that im aware of?

On the google "street view" of LLL house it appears to be a van in the garage? Not sure if this was ruled out in another post and I missed it?

Deanna Falzone ‏@DeannaFalzone 1m
Shaw: Secret Service agent volunteered to help NS police in #JessicaHeeringa case @FOX17

On the google "street view" of LLL house it appears to be a van in the garage? Not sure if this was ruled out in another post and I missed it?

It was ruled out by the OP if I'm not mistaken. The van was two doors down or something.

If the remains are bones it isnt Jessica . If it is a body a picture can tell us if it is Jessica. We dont need DNA. Why speculate on places to leave bodies when we have one to eliminate.

Huh?, I'm sorry I don't understand this comment.
My post was in response to another poster's inquiry if there was any news about human remains that were found in Michigan City, IN.

In missing person cases, I've seldom seen where formal searches aren't organized almost immediately upon determining foul play might be involved. They begin searching with the hope of recovering an alive but possibly injured person (rescue mission stage). After so many days, they move onto the search for a body (recovery stage). These two steps are taken when it is believed the person would not have left on their own accord and when there's evidence that suggests foul play.

Many times the opportunity for early searches is missed because they believe the person may be missing voluntarily. In Jessica's case, no one believes that is true. Therefore, the absence of active organized searches seems odd and worth mentioning. I don't know if LE has specific reasons for not conducting too many formal searches of the immediate area.

Two or three days after this news went viral so to speak, the lead township PD still wasn't staffing their business phone number after hours, no answering machine either-

I wouldn't say they've conducted things well thus far- jmo

DH and I have been out and about this afternoon and heard a brief report about Jessica Heeringa on WWJ (CBS local) radio. It's the first news about the case which hasn't made local reports since the middle of last week. My apologies if this has already been posted.

Police Get 1,000 Tips In Gas Station Clerk Abduction

May 5, 2013 1:47 PM

NORTON SHORES (WWJ) – Tips are still pouring in now more than a week since the disappearance of a Muskegon County woman.

In a live interview on WWJ Newsradio 950 on Sunday, Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw said they’ve received more than 1,000 tips in the case of 25-year-old Jessica Heeringa, who was abducted from a gas station where she had been working...

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2013/05/05/police-get-1000-tips-in-gas-station-clerk-abduction/

Sometimes I hate seeing tips numbering in the thousands. I worked a crime tip line some years back and people call in just to call. I am sure LE is getting plenty of calls about dreams, visions, neighbors with a red van, not a silver one but he is weird, etc...and so much time is expended to go through all of them. High number of tips does not equal solving a case...just look at Kyron Horman. JMO

Daniel Shaw ‏@NSPDChiefShaw 2m
Just attended todays #jessicaheeringa briefing. Numerous tips investigated including more than 8 interviews.

Two or three days after this news went viral so to speak, the lead township PD still wasn't staffing their business phone number after hours, no answering machine either-

I wouldn't say they've conducted things well thus far- jmo

You can send a tip after hours by phoning the silent observer 23172crime. You get a live person. Good sleuthing !

Deanna Falzone ‏@DeannaFalzone 1m
Shaw: Secret Service agent volunteered to help NS police in #JessicaHeeringa case @FOX17

Ah. Ok. This implies then that they are not claiming any jurisdictional oversight related to any potential fraud (e.g. the lottery angle), but rather they are in the more supplementary role of examining electronic (credit card/cell phone) and photographic evidence. I'm sure the local PD is glad to have them on board. Hope their resources bear fruit.

This guy took a huge risk...He didn't just kill her and dump her in the dunes 20 minutes after he grabbed her

He very well may have. That is exactly what BSL did to Mickey Shunick. Was that his initial plan? Undoubtedly not. But even perps with plans sometimes get thrown a monkey wrench that requires immediate changing of plans..JMO

In missing person cases, I've seldom seen where formal searches aren't organized almost immediately upon determining foul play might be involved. They begin searching with the hope of recovering an alive but possibly injured person (rescue mission stage). After so many days, they move onto the search for a body (recovery stage). These two steps are taken when it is believed the person would not have left on their own accord and when there's evidence that suggests foul play.

Many times the opportunity for early searches is missed because they believe the person may be missing voluntarily. In Jessica's case, no one believes that is true. Therefore, the absence of active organized searches seems odd and worth mentioning. I don't know if LE has specific reasons for not conducting too many formal searches of the immediate area.

To be honest, I have no idea where they would search. There was no indication, other than a van, of where she could be. Where do you start with something like that?

Ask anyone from the muskegon area on here....it is extremely unlikely he worked his *advertiser censored* off to climb a huge sand dune dragging or carrying her body, or forced her to walk into the dark night, leaving his car illegally parked on patrolled roads.

Any area close by that could conceal a body has been accessed over the last week by summer-enthused residents getting out for some sunshine-

What if..we looked and found someone that looks creepily similar on a persons friends list..but it looks like he has bee incarcerated since 2011. How can I find out if he was recently released? I don't want to point fingers. (fyi a screenshot of his fb profile was sent in) I don't want to start rumors, or accuse I would just like to know how I can find that info out. (if anyone is following I found him on JT friends list initials GCR) is that a rumor? Mods delete if so. Thanks.

OTIS might work....http://mdocweb.state.mi.us/OTIS2/otis2.html

To be honest, I have no idea where they would search. There was no indication, other than a van, of where she could be. Where do you start with something like that?

I agree. When a victim is taken away in a vehicle, and no evidence is found along the roads, i.e Holly's case, where on earth to begin searching? Even TES wants a search area designated by LE in most cases, before signing on. I guess sometimes searching helps a community feel useful, but just searching around the town is unlikely to be successful, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay