MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
With the blood found, we can now take 'voluntary' and 'complicit' off the table and move forward with what most of us already knew - that this was a bona fide kidnapping and she is in grave danger or worse.

I can agree- but I can also say the finding doesn't surprise me. Her family said that she is a fighter (that being said with no negative tone) I think that this find rules out a lot of speculations some were having.

But even if there was a struggle, the blood does not confirm there was a struggle which resulted in blood loss. Most likely, yes, but since the blood amount was so small that only DNA could be extracted from it, how does one know that it can be confirmed that the blood resulted from the struggle, and not just from an accidental cut when changing the paper receipts. Neither can be confirmed absolutely.
Let's be real, the blood is more likely to point to an abduction than some sort of accident. She was probably punched causing a bloody nose or the perp used a knife to abduct and she was cut. But apparently not very bad or there would have been more blood. I think this raises hope that he didn't intend or plan to kill and that she is alive and being held captive. That's the hope at this point.

A verdict has been reached in the trial of Jodi Arias. Verdict will be read at 1:30 AZ time, 4:30 Eastern.

Let's be real, the blood is more likely to point to an abduction than some sort of accident. She was probably punched causing a bloody nose or the perp used a knife to abduct and she was cut. But apparently not very bad or there would have been more blood. I think this raises hope that he didn't intend or plan to kill and that she is alive and being held captive. That's the hope at this point.

Well, he at least wanted her alive at the time. But then if he had gone there just to kill her, he would have just left her there.

I agree, that most likely it was the result from the abduction, but my point was using the word "confirmed" is not accurate, as no one knows if the blood resulted from the struggle or a chance of cutting herself on accident. There is no Confirmation on how the blood got there.

I wonder where the blood is located and why they are not revealing it? Jessica may have been pushed to the ground and banged her head. I also thought she may have been intentionally knocked down by the van but I think it's not very likely.

I agree they may have stabbed or cut Jessica to comply with their demands. The blood is a worrying development but I'm still praying and hoping.

Do we know if Jessica had any jewellery on at all? I just wondered incase the perp tries to pawn or sell it to get rid of evidence.

Yes, I understand why you would think this, because it does make sense that she could have been hit, but if she also bled easily when cut, this could explain that situation, and I say that only because when I get cut, I bleed fast and easily, so I need a band-aid pronto.

A verdict has been reached in the trial of Jodi Arias. Verdict will be read at 1:30 AZ time, 4:30 Eastern.

She is one dangerous woman!

Sorry if I am wrong about this because it has been awhile, but isn't this how Scott Petersen disposed of Lacy's (and their baby!) body?

Yes, it is how SP abandoned the body of his wife and child.

Im interested in the JA character too. I missed all the FB and talk about this person. I will have to try and go back.

JMO

I wonder where the blood is located and why they are not revealing it? Jessica may have been pushed to the ground and banged her head. I also thought she may have been intentionally knocked down by the van but I think it's not very likely.

I agree they may have stabbed or cut Jessica to comply with their demands. The blood is a worrying development but I'm still praying and hoping.

Do we know if Jessica had any jewellery on at all? I just wondered incase the perp tries to pawn or sell it to get rid of evidence.

He could have had a gun or used his fist or other weapon to "clock her" initially to gain control by catching her off guard, stunning her.
I do think he used a gun, seems like a knife would have caused an injury resulting in more blood.

Police also are analyzing spots found on the concrete outside the gas station that may be blood, Shaw said.

“If it is blood, then we’re going to have to test it for DNA,” he said.

http://www.freep.com/article/201304...-vanished-during-her-shift-late-Friday-night-

jmo

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 8m
Police ask ANYONE with ANY information on the abduction of #JessicaHeeringa to call (231) 72-CRIME

Ann Marie LaFlamme ‏@AnnMarieLaFlamm 12m
@NSPDChiefShaw - We need to bring #JessicaHeeringa home. She needs to be home with her little boy. @FOX17

Re: the blood. Maybe her head got knocked as he forced her into the van. More likely from him attacking her though, I guess.

This is all very Holly Bobo.

Well, he at least wanted her alive at the time. But then if he had gone there just to kill her, he would have just left her there.

Which brings sex crime into the fold as the most likely motive. If this was about the lottery or anything else on the periphery, she would have been killed right then and there. This is why I do not believe that looking hard at local sex offenders is a bad idea, and it will probably bear fruit.

In all hopes I was praying for it to be the perps blood. Hoping she got a few good licks in before he got her into the van. Also hoping that it could be cross referenced with Felons in the area and put an end to this. ::sigh::
However, at least we know for a fact that there was some sort of struggle. Backing up the fact that it was an un-willing abduction. Just thinking out loud.
Just for kicks I'd be seeing if anyone pawned any weapons of any sort.
MOO

Daniel Shaw ‏@NSPDChiefShaw 6m
DNA analysis confirms substances collected at Exxon Mobil is blood from Jessica Lynn Heeringa. #jessicaheeringa.

WZZM 13 On Your Side ‏@wzzm13 2m
#JessicaHeeringa police say only small amount of blood was found at the Exxon and her family has been notified. #wzzm13

oh no. if he was willing to use enough force to injure her during the abduction, I fear the perp is a violent predator (whether known to JH or not) and this will move in a direction we all hoped it wouldn't.

Re. The blood analysis. It all depends on the State, how back logged they are or if they can put a rush on it. In some states, the FBI can have blood DNA results in as little as 2 or 3 days.

oh no. if he was willing to use enough force to injure her during the abduction, I fear the perp is a violent predator (whether known to JH or not) and this will move in a direction we all hoped it wouldn't.

This has already moved in that direction. You can't politely and gently kidnap a grown woman. Force is the name of the game.

I'm betting it was a punch to the face/nose to stun her so she could then be quickly restrained inside the van.

What we have:

- sketch and physical description of suspect based on eyewitness

- suspect vehicle description based on eyewitness and video surveillance

- victim's blood at the scene of the crime

- no indication that anything was taken from the Exxon station other than the victim.

What we don't have:

- results of cell phone data analysis.

- information about Jessica's activities earlier the day she was taken

- information about any former boyfriends or stalkers

- information about activities or involvements that Jessica and her fiancé took part in

- information about anyone who may wish to harm Jessica

- information about Jessica's father.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members