MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"And I don't know the reason, but they don't want to come forward. Maybe it's their son, nephew, and they don't want to be involved." Or Sgt. Kasher says, maybe they have a record of their own. "We're not looking to get someone on some other charge, we're looking to get Jessica," he said.

"I guess if you don't have the heart to do that, and you're still worried about the police coming after you, let's not fear that part of it," said Kasher.

On the flip side, Kasher says there is information police won't share with the public because it may hinder their investigation."

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/255571/2/Police-Someone-knows-something-about-Jessicas-abduction

selfish cowards if someone knows what's going on and won't tip off LE due to their own interests.

I've been thinking along these lines. One of the people we've heard or seen in the news, in one way or another, suspects something or someone. For some reason, they won't or are afraid to make a clear statement to LE about what they suspect or know. It's not helping us here at WS because we can't sleuth names and post about them that aren't pointed out by LE. It may be painful to acknowledge that someone in your own family could be responsible for this terrible act. Also, if there's a slight chance you're wrong, imagine you went to LE and implicated a family member.

I hardly ever see a resemblance between suspects and the sketches...even when others do. But I have little faith in witness descriptions as a rule, as they are so often wrong and everyone sees things differently. Plus I still find it hard to believe that someone could get such a detailed look at a driver passing by, if that is how this image came about. And then the statement by LE about it being a "10 out of 10". I guess they were going off what the witness said about the drawing and trying to sound confident but if it was that accurate, he should have been recognized by now.

I hope he is caught for obvious reasons but also to see how close this famous sketch is.

I agree about the sketch of the POI. I did my due diligence, however, and compared the sketch to several of the RSOs that were mentioned here. I didn't see one in particular who resembled the sketch. Rather, I thought that the sketch might be a composite of a few of them: Wavy hair of one RSO, close-set eyes of another, wide jaw of one RSO, height/weight of another. I'm not committed to the idea of the POI being a local RSO, but I do think that the individual is someone known to Jessica. :moo:

To my knowledge, LE has not released any of the names of people they have interviewed.

I agree, LE has not (nor do they) name the people they interview.

There is one man who was questioned a week ago on Wednesday and brought back in for further questioning on Thursday. They released him but kept his van. Chief Shaw didn't confirm this but a reporter observed these chain of events and printed it. It's possible LE suspects someone else had access to this man's van yet he's been pleading the fifth when questioned.
Unless they name the guy (who isn't THE guy) we can't sleuth him/them.

I dont think the $$ being in her purse is strange. Many people who live paycheck to paycheck do not bother to have checking accounts. Many pay their bills by cashiers check etc when they need to ( and use cash for that ) Maybe that is how she paid bills. ANd LE said $400 but I am sure they were not being specific. If you looked in mine, you might say I have $40... not $43.22. So while clearly robbery was not the motive, I would not get too hung up on the amount in her purse. SHe probably cashed her paycheck earlier in the day ( since she had time before work...) intending to take it home.
I dont see an employer who left women working alone at night getting too specific about keeping money in their purses... ( and dont know any employer that does.. and never heard of a see thru purse either!) Even if they did.. no one would be there to see her.

I have to agree with your post.
Jessica was the breadwinner for her little family. The BF may have needed cash to pay "his" bills. These kids are not wealthy and money goes quick, living week to week and scraping to get by, after bills your whole paycheck is probably gone by Monday.

I just do not find it strange at all to have that amount of cash in her purse on a Friday, assuming that is their payday.

jmo

Question, has a Websleuth forum discussion ever directly led to solving a missing persons or murder case? Are we spinning our wheels or is this all entertainment or a curiosity we are filling?

I actually keep wondering this myself.

How does someone sit in a parking lot across the road from where an abduction takes place, sees the van but doesn't witness the abduction? Doesn't call 911? But remembers enough about THAT PARTICULAR VAN AT THAT EXACT MOMENT IN TIME? And just happens to be a co worker of Jessica's? HUH? The more I learn about this case the more confused I become. I am really losing my faith in the common sense of the average citizen here.

Plus I'd like to know who told JH's mother that they witnessed a struggle. Within the first day or so, SH told that story to the media.
Chief Shaw (I think during the chat session) said that he doesn't know anything about anybody witnessing a struggle.

I don't know what it means, but if you're going to tell J's mom that story, wouldn't you tell the police the same story too?

From the location of abductions there are 2 boat launches close to Exxon both on mona lake, unless he has a very shallow get away boat he would not have gotten far because the channel leading out to Lake Michigan is being dredged currently and boats on mona lake are "land locked" to this lake......

Branching further out.... We are surrounded by water, marinas and launch points. If the plan was to get in a boat and go Muskegon lake has many marinas and boat launches as well as grand haven. I think if a boat is involved there would need to be 2 people involved with her abduction- one would have a very hard time launching a boat alone, especially with a kidnapped girl.plus at this point leaving a silver min van could be very dangerous for them. As far as storing a boat at a marina..... I feel like Marinas are too busy with people getting their boats ready that if a non marina guest showed up and attempted to launch their boat and store it in someone else's potential slip there could be issues, so then one should be a marina member?

I think the boat escape is a long shot- but maybe at this point long shots are all we have.....

I am still catching up this morning but thank you for the reply.
My questions and curiosity stems from following so many missing persons cases is that many people are found in, near or around water.

I am not so much thinking of a marina but a solitary place where in the middle of the night a boat could be launched to dispose of a body. It would not take 2 perps.

I asked about a sandbar, working with the thoughts of member Absentia. I know there are sandbars in rivers but not sure about lakes. Sandbars which are little islands which kids party on, etc...

jmo

jmo

How does someone sit in a parking lot across the road from where an abduction takes place, sees the van but doesn't witness the abduction? Doesn't call 911? But remembers enough about THAT PARTICULAR VAN AT THAT EXACT MOMENT IN TIME? And just happens to be a co worker of Jessica's? HUH? The more I learn about this case the more confused I become. I am really losing my faith in the common sense of the average citizen here.

yah. I assume LE has vetted the witnesses, but the co-worker could have made up a sketch based on someone she knows who is NOT involved in order to throw the investigation off.

Question, has a Websleuth forum discussion ever directly led to solving a missing persons or murder case? Are we spinning our wheels or is this all entertainment or a curiosity we are filling?

We're limited for sure.
I've caught cases at the beginning where websleuths members have been very proactive in getting word (and work) out via social media about a missing person, creating flyers and sharing information. Plus we're documenting all media links and compiling the case as it progresses. Still, we're not privy to all the info that the police has or doesn't have. We're limited in that we can't go pointing fingers at potential perps that we think may be involved. (Good thing, cuz I'd have a few peeps in jail now that don't belong there!)

There's also a thread on WS dedicated to matching unclaimed bodies to missing persons. They've been very successful making matches which provides answers for the families of the missing.

Some peeps have contributed to cases directly at times in certain cases. Some cases have had people involved in the case posting. Since we're anonymous, we don't know that but you begin to sense that they are - yet they can't tell us everything either. Hey, we're like working for free around here! We'd all like to think we could or have helped but who knows?

At the very least, in my case, it helps me use my brain versus watching too much TV.

Daniel Shaw ‏@NSPDChiefShaw 6m
DNA analysis confirms substances collected at Exxon Mobil is blood from Jessica Lynn Heeringa. #jessicaheeringa.

WZZM 13 On Your Side ‏@wzzm13 2m
#JessicaHeeringa police say only small amount of blood was found at the Exxon and her family has been notified. #wzzm13

Thee was an interview with a pi who was cleared who looked, in my opinion, just like LLL. They said he took a polygraph and passed. All through the interview he maintained his innocence and acted concerned, <Mod Snip>
Cleared person of interest: 'They asked me if I took her' - YouTube

Thanks. Now I know who the regular customer is who was cleared. There are four LE has mentioned: fiance, an ex boyfriend, a regular customer (who is how they refer to this guy in the video - his name is Jess A.), and a fourth unidentified person.

So, does this mean the the 10:50 customer hasn't been cleared? Or could he be the fourth person. A few obvious people aren't included in the four mentioned. Is anybody aware of other independent statements from LE stating peeps who've been cleared?

Obviously this man in the video, who was questioned and took a lie detector test, isn't LLL. The reporter said his name and he's JA.

Daniel Shaw &#8207;@NSPDChiefShaw 6m
DNA analysis confirms substances collected at Exxon Mobil is blood from Jessica Lynn Heeringa. #jessicaheeringa.

WZZM 13 On Your Side &#8207;@wzzm13 2m
#JessicaHeeringa police say only small amount of blood was found at the Exxon and her family has been notified. #wzzm13

This isn't good news. :(

For those of us familiar with Holly Bobo's case, this is the same piece of evidence they had to show she had been taken by force too.

I'm thinking he could have hit her in the face and her nose bled. That doesn't always get to the dripping stage for a minute or two.

This is what leads me away from RSO's. Like in my own family, abusers aren't always caught. As with the girls in Cleveland, it could very well be someone super helpful who has her.

CLEVELAND (AP) - In the years after his friend's daughter vanished while walking home from school, Ariel Castro handed out fliers with the 14-year-old's photo and performed music at a fundraiser held in her honor.

When neighbors gathered for a candlelight vigil just a year ago to remember the girl, Castro was there too, comforting the girl's mother.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/...ighbors-look-for-missing-women-206579531.html

Jessica Heeringa's fiancé in response to her blood being discovered: 'I'm always hopeful'

Authorities said the sample is a &#8220;small amount&#8221; of blood discovered outside the Exxon gas station, but large enough for investigators to determine it&#8217;s Heeringa&#8217;s.

Quail-Dyer said the discovery convinces him that his petite, 110-pound fiancée put up a fight the night she was apparently abducted.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringas_fianc_in_res.html

I am still reading through everything from last night but I wanted to follow up on this in particular...

Not all gas stations here are prepay. I am not sure exactly how Exxon is however 90% of gas stations are not prepay. Meaning if you intend to pay inside you push a button that says "pay inside" and start fueling OR you lift the handle up and start pumping the gas and someone comes over the speaker and says "hello pump 5." So in my opinion it is legit that a pump maybe didn't work. I am not trying to shoot down your ideas in any way- just throwing the local standpoint out there that it doesn't seem out of the odd for a pump to not work, I believe that the gas station attendant has to authorize the pump to start fueling, but that is it.... No $ amt needed if not pre pay.

If you are not using a card don't you have to go inside and pay first?

I don't think they use the honor system these days! LOL

Most gas stations these days require that you prepay when paying cash. This is especially true of gas stations right off of a freeway. Even when using a credit card or debit card the attendant usually has to authorize the pump. I have stood in many a cold Michigan winters waiting for this. That 30 seconds feels like forever sometimes...lol.

About her having just over $400.00 in purse I do not find that strange. I believe it was reported that she went to Meijer earlier that day. Most all Meijer have a Chase bank inside so it would not surprise me that she might have cashed her paycheck being that it was the end of the week and all.

Here's my point though - even though there may be different systems at different gas stations throughout the United States, the police will know how this particular Exxon station functions. There may be some hints there or it may mean nothing. Also the 911 caller's words are stated differently depending on what article you read. The 911 call itself is printed but his interviews can be interpreted differently and have been by reporters (and me) based on what he said in the interview or someone slightly twisting his words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar