MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fairly positive the mini van is the perp's. It fits the timeline and eyewitness accounts. No one has come forward stating that they are the owner. If it was an innocent local in a 'wrong place at the wrong time' scenario, police would have ruled it out by now. I think speculating that it is not involved is doing more harm than good.

IMO.

I think some speculation is needed and good for discussion and brainstorming. Having said that, I tend to agree with you. The fact no one has stepped up and said, heck, that was me at the station and everything was ok makes me believe the van was involved as well.

I developed an awarnes space for the abductor and emailed it in late last night. It runs from Norton shores to Grand Haven along highway 31. I used crime reports of the type we are dealing with. Parks would be my first priority for websleuth searches followed by roadside areas. There wouldnt be a trespassing problem.

I developed an awarnes space for the abductor and emailed it in late last night. It runs from Norton shores to Grand Haven along highway 31. I used crime reports of the type we are dealing with. Parks would be my first priority for websleuth searches followed by roadside areas. There wouldnt be a trespassing problem.

Hi Goldenbear, is there an email address where you can send in tips? If so, I would be so grateful if you could message me it please. I'm in the UK and sent info to the Norton Shores PD fb page in message, which isn't ideal. I've been worrying that the info won't be passed on to the people dealing with tips.

Chief Dan Shaw said although I cant prevent any private party from searching I would prefer that they would call me so I could go over the proper handling of evidence with them.

Think of it this way, Mr. P., the man who found glasses in Hoffmaster park handled finding potential evidence the wrong way. How can someone, who is not a child, be that clueless? Not only did he handle what he thought could be evidence wrong, the way he notified LE (or didn't directly) is strange too. It's perplexing imo.

The issue of a struggle has been printed both ways...some articles said one was seen, some say not. Perhaps the witness did say it, but backed off when it became obvious that if a struggle was seen, the witness should have done something. In any event, LE seems to be convinced she ended up in the van.

Jessica's mother, SH, is the one who said a witness saw a struggle. Chief Shaw would like that witness to come forward and tell him that.

Conflict? I'd say so.

No one is stopping people from doing grid searches-are they? Has that been tried? I would love to know where they would start to do this. What would be the parameter and why?

If the community is crying out for an all-out search....then it has to be organized, scheduled etc. Lots of logistics.

Believe me, if it were my loved one missing I would be demanding same-but there is only so much LE can do under the circumstances.

Yes, either the family or LE has to request a ground search. LE must suspect Jessica isn't nearby. They may have someone specific in mind as a poi or have more info that they're not sharing with the public.

They may suspect that someone has Jessica hidden (dead or alive) on private property. Remember the Chief mentioned the time it takes to obtain search warrants some time ago. That's the reason I think this may be true.

Yes, either the family or LE has to request a ground search. LE must suspect Jessica isn't nearby. They may have someone specific in mind as a poi or have more info that they're not sharing with the public.

They may suspect that someone has Jessica hidden (dead or alive) on private property. Remember the Chief mentioned the time it takes to obtain search warrants some time ago. That's the reason I think this may be true.

I disagree that they have a POI. Instead I get the (bad) feeling they are hanging their hats on this profile they are still waiting for.

Developments over the last few days? Been so busy and it's hard to keep up with everything.

No developments. LE says they are waiting for a profile from the FBI.

I disagree that they have a POI. Instead I get the (bad) feeling they are hanging their hats on this profile they are still waiting for.

All I know is LE isn't going to announce to the public each and every new theory or development they are investigating. They may not have a specific poi but they may have an idea for the reason behind Jessica's abduction.

LE received a few reports from other gas station attendants who say they witnessed a suspicious van lurking around. I wonder if any of those people agree with the sketch or gave a description of the person in those cases. Did they bother to write down the license plate or call LE at those times?

I think that each LE agency learns the hard way, when they have a high-profile missing persons case, that what the public consider to be "tips" are more often opinions, theories, dreams, visions, ideas, etc.

I know when I worked a tip line, people would call and say they saw something important. Only by extensive questioning, which not every volunteer phone operator performed, did one eventually figure out they mean "saw" as in a dream or vision. More often than one would like to think, LE was arranging searches of a particular area before it was realized that no one really saw anything.

All I know is LE isn't going to announce to the public each and every new theory or development they are investigating. They may not have a specific poi but they may have an idea for the reason behind Jessica's abduction.

LE received a few reports from other gas station attendants who say they witnessed a suspicious van lurking around. I wonder if any of those people agree with the sketch or gave a description of the person in those cases. Did they bother to write down the license plate or call LE at those times?

Who knows? More likely, they only told LE about these incidents after the fact.
If Jessica was taken specifically for revenge, etc. yes, then LE may know more. But if this an abduction for sexual purposes, I doubt they have much to go on.

Call me crazy but I finally figured out who the sketch reminds me of.
Three years ago (in April too!) a family of four, the McStays, disappeared from their home in Fallbrook, CA.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/10/justice/california-missing-family

Several articles were published last month around the anniversary of their disappearance. The above link has their pictures. Does anybody else think the sketch resembles the father, Joseph McStay?

I don't believe it involves him, but just to show what a person might look like. It's been bugging me that the sketch made me think of someone but I couldn't figure out who. For some reason, I made the connection today.

Dayle Hinman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This former FBI criminal profiler, Dayle Hinman, was featured on TV in cases that I watched whenever I noticed an episode on Discovery ID channel.

Iirc the cases she profiled were mostly in Florida. The detectives would call her to look into a case when they were stuck and couldn't solve it. Then she'd explain why she thinks what happened based on the way the victim was killed (notice there was a body), location the body was found and other factors. I can't recall if they ever featured a case without a body.

Call me crazy but I finally figured out who the sketch reminds me of.
Three years ago (in April too!) a family of four, the McStays, disappeared from their home in Fallbrook, CA.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/10/justice/california-missing-family

Several articles were published last month around the anniversary of their disappearance. The above link has their pictures. Does anybody else think the sketch resembles the father, Joseph McStay?

I don't believe it involves him, but just to show what a person might look like. It's been bugging me that the sketch made me think of someone but I couldn't figure out who. For some reason, I made the connection today.

I have a lot more faith that the van that we have seen on videos is actually the van involved in Jessica's abduction than I have faith in that sketch, drawn from the memory of a witness' momentary glimpse of the person driving by in a van in the darkness, being an accurate picture of the perp, unless the witness knew the perp, in which case I see no reason for a sketch. It still escapes me how the sheriff can call the sketch a 10 out of 10 when he doesn't know who it is supposed to be a depiction of. JMO

Dayle Hinman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This former FBI criminal profiler, Dayle Hinman, was featured on TV in cases that I watched whenever I noticed an episode on Discovery ID channel.

Iirc the cases she profiled were mostly in Florida. The detectives would call her to look into a case when they were stuck and couldn't solve it. Then she'd explain why she thinks what happened based on the way the victim was killed (notice there was a body), location the body was found and other factors. I can't recall if they ever featured a case without a body.

I think I have seen most of those episodes and do not recall any without the victim being found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot