MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what JBB's name is?

Ok so I looked at sex offenders that appear on the map that I uploaded earlier. There are two. One, doesn't really fit the description. The other one, JBB, lives in that particular area. He looks like he could fit the description. It also looks like he just got off of a 5 year probation. ALSO, he works at a car dealership. Possibly has access to many cars. Just a thought

Does anyone know what JBB's name is?

I'm not totally up on this case, but unless "JBB" is a named suspect (by law enforcement and/or mainstream media), no one is allowed to post the name here.

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/criminal_mind/profiling/victimology/1.html

As mentioned before, in Kelli Bordeaux's case, LE reported they conducted an extensive study of the victim, Kelli (still no body located after more than a year).
While looking into profiling, I ran across this in-depth explanation about the study of victims in criminal investigations.

The profiler examines every facet of the victim's lifestyle. They may gain insight into how the offender thinks. They may gain info about the method of approach/risk assessment by understanding who the victim is. These are only a few of the reasons mentioned. I've only read the first two pages but wanted to share because the information is so interesting and may be what LE is working on regarding Jessica's case. It will take awhile to read everything at the link and to think about the ideas presented through the angle of knowing everything there is to know about a victim.

I have a lot more faith that the van that we have seen on videos is actually the van involved in Jessica's abduction than I have faith in that sketch, drawn from the memory of a witness' momentary glimpse of the person driving by in a van in the darkness, being an accurate picture of the perp, unless the witness knew the perp, in which case I see no reason for a sketch. It still escapes me how the sheriff can call the sketch a 10 out of 10 when he doesn't know who it is supposed to be a depiction of. JMO

You may be answering the question in your post. Is it possible the witness does think she knows who was driving the van? What if the person can't be found? Or, they don't want to release a name because they can't publically accuse a person like that based on what someone else says (who they may not trust either).

I'm trying to think this through - don't know if what I typed even makes any sense. Seems like it might though.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/police_chief_jessica_heeringas_1.html

On May 15, Chief Shaw reviews the status of the case and explains how the investigation is shifting and that personnel changes will take place but the investigation is ongoing. Following are the main points from the article.

May take weeks for the special unit profilers based in Lansing to draw any conclusions. They have all of the data, written reports, videos of interviews and everything else LE has gathered so far.

No motive has been pinned down.

No poi/suspect has been identified.

The van is DEFINITELY linked to J's abduction.

The man who was driving the van holds the key to J's current location.

The secret service person is still working on J's case but back in Detroit where they have different tools available in the home offices.

The most significant finding since the day of J's abduction is the blood, belonging to J, found at the scene.

Investigators believe J is acquainted with the person who abducted her.

They believe she is alive and can be brought home safely.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the last statement, I sure hope so. Still, I'd like to know why they believe that considering J's blood was found at the scene of her abduction. If they don't even have a poi, how can they possibly know or be certain she's alive? I don't get it but hope the statement proves to be true.

So the van is DEFINATELY linked to the abduction.
This evil person has a van or has access to one. Is it his, is he a family man?
Could it belong to someone he is house sitting for? Isn't this a resort community, think I read that. If so, are there homes that a family might vacation in that are empty, and have a family car (van) in the garage?

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/police_chief_jessica_heeringas_1.html

On May 15, Chief Shaw reviews the status of the case and explains how the investigation is shifting and that personnel changes will take place but the investigation is ongoing. Following are the main points from the article.

May take weeks for the special unit profilers based in Lansing to draw any conclusions. They have all of the data, written reports, videos of interviews and everything else LE has gathered so far.

No motive has been pinned down.

No poi/suspect has been identified.

The van is DEFINITELY linked to J's abduction.

The man who was driving the van holds the key to J's current location.

The secret service person is still working on J's case but back in Detroit where they have different tools available in the home offices.

The most significant finding since the day of J's abduction is the blood, belonging to J, found at the scene.

Investigators believe J is acquainted with the person who abducted her.

They believe she is alive and can be brought home safely.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding the last statement, I sure hope so. Still, I'd like to know why they believe that considering J's blood was found at the scene of her abduction. If they don't even have a poi, how can they possibly know or be certain she's alive? I don't get it but hope the statement proves to be true.

LE can't know she is alive, not seeing how they know so little except that the van is involved. It is standard for LE to say this, though.

Think think think-major motive for kidnapping her-immediate assault and disposal or keeping her...... It actually has to be the community involved to report any and every thing they see as suspicious about their neighbor/co-worker/friend/relative etc.
Forensic evidence from point of origin is essential. LE must be overwhelmed since it was a convenience store. So much traffic. YET-factors help-including how off the beaten track the store is etc. This case is very solvable-may take time but I hold out hope.

I found WS during the Mickey Shunick investigation. During the time from her abduction to BS Lavergne's arrest I wondered if her abductor had stalked her for weeks, had committed this kind of crime before, and if he would turn out to be a sophisticated, intelligent criminal. It took so long for le to make an arrest that it seemed the perp might be all of these things.
Turned out that he had murdered and raped before. But, he is not a planner or especially smart. IMO he was kind of smart about the things it took to get away with his crimes...manipulating people...fiancé, family, parole officer.

Anyway, I am once again asking myself: is this guy highly intelligent? A planner? Did he stalk her for weeks? Did he wear a wig to mislead any witnesses? Where did he get a van?

I wonder what leads investigators to believe Jessica was aquatinted with her abductor.

If they believe this, does that also mean that investigators think the perp is a local?

jmo

I bet he is Wide. A regular to the store-and maybe people are afraid of him.

I guess I have to say that is my opinion only.

I wonder what leads investigators to believe Jessica was aquatinted with her abductor.

If they believe this, does that also mean that investigators think the perp is a local?

jmo

I don't see how they can draw any conclusions, other than if they are basing their opinions solely on witness statements. And those are not too reliable, especially if they told LE "it seemed like she knew him" or something like that. She may have responded in a friendly, casual way to anyone who called to her or asked for help at the pump, for example. I really can't imagine how or why they say this, unless he was heard to call her by name.

I wonder what the clientele of the store is made up of -demographically, racially, economically, locally etc.? What dwellings are near there-some say apartments.
And then it seems almost business/rural down the street. Where do the neighborhoods start? What are the crime stats in that zip code and what recent crime reports in the week before her disappearance?

Repeating myself here...sorry

Could it belong to someone he is house sitting for? Isn't this a resort community, think I read that. If so, are there homes that a family might vacation in that are empty, and have a family car (van) in the garage?

DBF and I are looking into buying a small second home 900 miles away so that we can be available to care for an aging parent. Anyway, because of the distance it would make sense to buy vehicle to keep there...so we can fly instead of drive 20 hours when we visit. If we were wealthy and had kids a mini van would be perfect. And, we would need someone to care for the home if we don't visit for months at a time. This person would have access to an empty home...

I hope our leaders in Washington pass a bill soon, that becomes law, that requires no less than two people working together at any place of business that's open to the public. Ideally, it should require two employees at any time of day or night, but at least during evening hours. They could call it, Jessica’s Law. But, in reality, they could name it for probably a million different people that have been taken by force.

I bet he is Wide. A regular to the store-and maybe people are afraid of him.

I guess I have to say that is my opinion only.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
I read this and thought the perp is wide and wondered if you meant fat.
Read it 3 times before realizing you we're referring to WideOpen!

Gosh it has to be someone who has done this before or who has planned this out because they had an obsession with HER. OR it was a hit and run move because she was available. No wonder the cops are baffled.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
I read this and thought the perp is wide and wondered if you meant fat.
Read it 3 times before realizing you we're referring to WideOpen!

Laughing my head off lol!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member