Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:
I read this and thought the perp is wide and wondered if you meant fat.
Read it 3 times before realizing you we're referring to WideOpen!

what does that mean?

what does that mean?

I was referring to post #733, this thread. I misunderstood the post and it took me a minute to realize the poster was talking about another poster and not the perp...re: the first sentence "I bet he is Wide".

Hi all,

Does anyone have a map or locations of where the previous incidents of a car in various gas stations are located? Or was it never published the exact locations? I can't find it anywhere.

Thanks

From an older article dated April 29, 2013.....

"Jessica attended school in Sparta when she lived with her father for some time, but ended up being home-schooled, her mother said. She lived in the Muskegon area after she met her fiancée."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/jessica_heeringa_alleged_abduc.html

With the information of where Jessica lived, and where she went to high school, then home-schooled, maybe the Profilers will be able to put something together from her past, if she does know the perp, (other than if she knew the perp only from the gas station.)

From an older article dated April 29, 2013.....

"Jessica attended school in Sparta when she lived with her father for some time, but ended up being home-schooled, her mother said. She lived in the Muskegon area after she met her fiancée."

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/jessica_heeringa_alleged_abduc.html

With the information of where Jessica lived, and where she went to high school, then home-schooled, maybe the Profilers will be able to put something together from her past, if she does know the perp, (other than if she knew the perp only from the gas station.)

My experience has been that whenever kids are home-schooled, it is usually in their earlier years and then they may eventually transfer into public or private schools. It seems rather rare to spend the earlier years in public schools and then end up being home-schooled, unless there were some sort of problems. As time goes on, I am beginning to entertain thoughts that this abduction may have been at the hands of someone somehow connected to her past. Just a feeling that I am getting more than before. JMO

My experience has been that whenever kids are home-schooled, it is usually in their earlier years and then they may eventually transfer into public or private schools. It seems rather rare to spend the earlier years in public schools and then end up being home-schooled, unless there were some sort of problems. As time goes on, I am beginning to entertain thoughts that this abduction may have been at the hands of someone somehow connected to her past. Just a feeling that I am getting more than before. JMO

are we sure that's the same JH? I read there was another one with the same name who looks like her in Sparta with 2 kids.

Do busses in the norton shores area have video? They do in California. It played an important role in finding Sierra Lamar's abductor.

If it was someone from her past that could explain why there are no ground searches, why le believes she is alive, and maybe the van. Could be someone who drove quite a distance. Could also be why locals do not recognize the sketch.

OT but in this show I am watching, they use some sort of device like a mini vacuum cleaner to capture the scent of the perp from a car they knew he drove and parked and then released the scent for tracking dogs to absorb. The dogs led them to the house of their POI, more than three miles of trotting along the streets. Pretty amazing and a device I have never heard of.

Also, this perp drove her about an hour from where he took her...where her body was found six weeks later by an electrical worker. And once again, those dogs did their job and tracked his scent right to where her body was found, including scenting which exit he would have taken off the highway, to prove he was there and also they track the scent in her house, where he took her from.

Wow this is amazing. My impression, learned from another case, is that dogs can't track vehicles once the person/people are inside the vehicle. The rubber tires and such cause the dogs to lose the scent of those inside.

Yet, I've notice time and time again, that my dog alerts (meaning she seems excited and sort of prepares herself to go out) when her main master (my husband) is still down the road a bit. He must be at least a half mile or so away judging by the time it takes him (from the time I notice her behavior) to pull into the driveway. I tell dh, I knew you'd be here soon by the way the dog is acting. She must go by smell because lots of other cars are up and down our street all the time and she remains chill.

the witness saw more than what we're being told, if the above is true and accurate.

For the life of me, I can't figure it out. They don't have a suspect pinned down, yet they're sure the van is the vehicle.

Is it possible that LE has the vehicle? Remember the van that was sitting in an apartment complex parking lot without a license plate? Did anything ever come of that? Could J's blood have been found inside that van? Whatever happened to the poster who brought that van to our attention?

So many questions, no answers - yet.

This is in interesting article from May 7th. I don't know if there is an error in the first name, as they mentioned Mike Shaw, not Dan Shaw......
but this is what it said...........

" Shaw thinks the key thing that may keep that potential witness in hiding is fear of being arrested, especially if the abductor is a relative."

http://wkzo.com/news/articles/2013/...tigators-someone-knows-who-abducted-heeringa/

We're limited by the information we're allowed to post on WS.
There are some characters who could be tied to Jessica (not her fault who she's related to or who she knows) that LE is probably checking out.
Maybe they suspect something but can't prove it yet. It sure sounds as if they do, hence the profiling efforts we've been told are underway.

Wow this is amazing. My impression, learned from another case, is that dogs can't track vehicles once the person/people are inside the vehicle. The rubber tires and such cause the dogs to lose the scent of those inside.

Yet, I've notice time and time again, that my dog alerts (meaning she seems excited and sort of prepares herself to go out) when her main master (my husband) is still down the road a bit. He must be at least a half mile or so away judging by the time it takes him (from the time I notice her behavior) to pull into the driveway. I tell dh, I knew you'd be here soon by the way the dog is acting. She must go by smell because lots of other cars are up and down our street all the time and she remains chill.

There have been a few cases where dogs have appeared to track a person who left in a car...Lacey Peterson's case, it seemed to happen as well as Amber DuBois, when some dogs came very close to where she later found to have been buried by the perp. Controversial but seems they can do it sometimes. Too bad LE does not have something the perp touched to try to "capture" his scent. In the case I mentioned, LE saw the man on video, parking the victim's car and wiping down the parts he had touched so they did the vacuum scent thing on those parts. They thought they knew who he was but wanted to see if dogs could prove it, and they did, by leading them right to his house. This was a case in Alaska and the detectives seemed very experienced.

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/article/policefire/376926

"Shelly said if she could talk to her daughter right now, she would tell her to be strong, to be there for her child and to come back to her family."

What does "to be there for her child" mean? That and the continual use of the past tense bothers me. Be where? "There" - where is "there"?

Emotional Support. Which she's just reiterating what she previously said. Eh, what can you expect from a distraught Mom tho? KWIM?
My thoughts would be so garbled I couldn't talk straight if it were one of my boys. MHO

Caught something in this article I missed before( http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/jessica_heeringa_alleged_abduc.html ):

"Authorities said a photo of a vehicle that may be connected to the case was captured on surveillance video parked outside the Homestead Bar, located a short distance from the gas station. Police hope that footage lends new information on the case, Shaw said.

Silver Mini-van???? Black SUV???? Interesting it was parked outside the Homestad Bar. Why? Meeting someone??? Makes me wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member