MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If LE really does have a handle on this case, contrary to all appearances, then something was going on in Jessica's life that has not been made public.

Otherwise, LE saying they believe she is alive is typical LE speak for "we have no evidence that says otherwise". We see this in every missing persons case.

If LE really thinks they know who has Jessica, yet they are only asking the public to find some generic van and poi who matches the sketch instead of asking the public to find a specific named person.....that makes no sense. Why on earth would they do something like that? I can't believe LE would play such an irresponsible game. For what purpose?

I don't believe they have someone in mind. And I don't believe they are lazy. What I do think is that they are not making good and timely use of all resources available to them. Why? I don't know. Maybe they are just too inexperienced with this sort of crime to know how to run the investigation. I hope it's not some sort of power thing. That would be inexcusable.

I see nothing wrong with controlled searches. Whatever evidence might be trampled is evidence that isn't being found anyway, so what is the harm? The family might believe a search means giving up hope, but why not cover all bases? Searching won't make Jessica any less alive. Ruling out anything is a major mistake imo.

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/article/policefire/376926

"Shelly said if she could talk to her daughter right now, she would tell her to be strong, to be there for her child and to come back to her family."

What does "to be there for her child" mean? That and the continual use of the past tense bothers me. Be where? "There" - where is "there"?

I think that Jessica's mother is using "be there" as a figurative expression for rendering care, comfort, help, support, etc. to those in need. This song explains "being there" better than I can.

Jackson 5- I'll Be There lyrics - YouTube

If LE really thinks they know who has Jessica, yet they are only asking the public to find some generic van and poi who matches the sketch instead of asking the public to find a specific named person.....that makes no sense. Why on earth would they do something like that? I can't believe LE would play such an irresponsible game. For what purpose?

I don't believe they have someone in mind. And I don't believe they are lazy. What I do think is that they are not making good and timely use of all resources available to them. Why? I don't know. Maybe they are just too inexperienced with this sort of crime to know how to run the investigation. I hope it's not some sort of power thing. That would be inexcusable.

I see nothing wrong with controlled searches. Whatever evidence might be trampled is evidence that isn't being found anyway, so what is the harm? The family might believe a search means giving up hope, but why not cover all bases? Searching won't make Jessica any less alive. Ruling out anything is a major mistake imo.

I think maybe it is the amount of resources, like money, or lack of.
With the Kyron Horman case I know that is was (is) very expensive, and he has still not been found after almost 3 years. Maybe LE has to decide on what steps to take and the city and state cannot afford all resources, so it is pick and choose at this point, seeing as they don't know where to start, but yet they are doing things to get the ball rolling so-to-speak. In My Opinion only......

I think maybe it is the amount of resources, like money, or lack of.
With the Kyron Horman case I know that is was (is) very expensive, and he has still not been found after almost 3 years. Maybe LE has to decide on what steps to take and the city and state cannot afford all resources, so it is pick and choose at this point, seeing as they don't know where to start, but yet they are doing things to get the ball rolling so-to-speak. In My Opinion only......

They (Muskegon) Just approved themselves a HUGE budget to fix the city streets. I say they "borrow" some of that money and put it into the PD to keep this case open. JMHO

They (Muskegon) Just approved themselves a HUGE budget to fix the city streets. I say they "borrow" some of that money and put it into the PD to keep this case open. JMHO

The city of Muskegon would not likely give their roads budget to the city of Norton Shores . For one thing, the roads are terrible and they are paying out damage claims due to potholes that dot the roads like Swiss cheese. Also, the city of Muskegon has way, way more of its own crime to worry about. Muskegon is a different city than Norton Shores. It's confusing because they are both in the county of Muskegon.

When the FBI and CIA make themselves available to help, does that mean they bill the city of Norton Shores for the work they do? What about the county sheriff and state police? I have never thought about these things before.

In the case of missing woman Susan Jacobson, who seems to have vanished from a Raley's supermarket parking lot, LE says that examining a "wealth of video" has brought them no closer to knowing what happened to her.

So...having a lot of video apparently does not even help.

I think a major point in frustration as far as searches go, is that they would have to establish some sort of reasoning for where they conducted the search. If she was put in a van and driven away from the scene, there isn't likely to be much evidence around the scene. When I look at the map and the locations the van was filmed at, I always end up coming back to Mona Lake in my mind. I don't know the NS/Muskegon area very well, so I don't know much about how busy the boat launches are there, especially at night; but I know that up here there's a lot of little lakes with little public boat launches and I don't know that anyone would notice if someone was launching a boat in the middle of the night. Looking at the DNR map of Mona lake it looks like there's a lot of different places a person could go, right off the highway, where nobody would notice. Anybody more local that can give a little more info about the Lake?

Gotta wonder if she has any RSO relatives.

I know, someone has to teach me how to turn off the wonder part of my brain especially after I think I know something. Of course, imo and the possibility of being wrong and all those caveats. I wonder to the point of not being able to sleep sometimes.

I think that Jessica's mother is using "be there" as a figurative expression for rendering care, comfort, help, support, etc. to those in need. This song explains "being there" better than I can.

Jackson 5- I'll Be There lyrics - YouTube

SH wasn't telling JH that she'd be there for J's child until JH returned. She told J to be there for her child. Doesn't make sense. Anyway, may just be an awkward sentence spoken in a time of duress.

Some of the points I make is because they're stuck in head and they've been pointed out in earlier cases here on WS. In previous cases, there were language and body language experts. One of the observations made was when peeps refer to a missing person in the past tense. The experts picked up on that and suggested it might mean something. I'm not making this stuff up or trying to point fingers at anybody but I notice and post it. I learned on WS that language used may be an unconscious clue or a slip up. If people are in the habit of talking that way (use tense incorrectly), it may be as simple as that and mean nothing.

This is from May 1st. I do not believe we have heard if this van was ever released. The man was questioned and released but don't know about the van.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...inga-abduction

Officers received tips Wednesday about a man who drives a silver van. At about 6 p.m., the man was pulled over and taken in for questioning.

"It is what we have been doing since Saturday," Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw told 24 Hour News 8.

The man was taken to a second location and his minivan was impounded, but he was not arrested and he was released later Wednesday night.

jmo

Thanks for going the extra mile and finding this post WideOpen.
Kind of makes me wonder (here I go again!) if they found evidence in that van. Yet, if they did, surely they'd have a poi at least. It may not be the person who was driving the van but someone related to that person. It seems Chief Shaw has dropped some hints along these lines although I don't know if they're related to the van/person who was pulled over on May 1st.

In the case of missing woman Susan Jacobson, who seems to have vanished from a Raley's supermarket parking lot, LE says that examining a "wealth of video" has brought them no closer to knowing what happened to her.

So...having a lot of video apparently does not even help.
This post reminded me of the capture of the abductor of Sierra Lamar her in california from bus video. I called in this tip to northshores police. They thought it was a good one:seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya:

This post reminded me of the capture of the abductor of Sierra Lamar her in california from bus video. I called in this tip to northshores police. They thought it was a good one:seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya::seeya:

Great tip goldenbear! :)

If LE really does have a handle on this case, contrary to all appearances, then something was going on in Jessica's life that has not been made public.

Otherwise, LE saying they believe she is alive is typical LE speak for "we have no evidence that says otherwise". We see this in every missing persons case.

I totally agree and I hope this is the case - s personal mystery in JH's life allowing her to be still alive. It's the only thing that makes sense.

MI - Rebekah Jane Gay, 24, Broomfield Township, 31 Oct 2012 *J.White Arrested* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Has the case of Rebekah Gay been mentioned here? The Michigan case has been solved but I notice that she had a tatoo of a musical note on her wrist.
Her mother's fiance killed her, 56 year old John D. White.

Just goes to show the perp can be someone who is inside the family circle.

Well in fact it is someone close to the victim, even a family member about half the time, if not more. But this would be an unusual method for someone in her immediate circle.

I know, someone has to teach me how to turn off the wonder part of my brain especially after I think I know something. Of course, imo and the possibility of being wrong and all those caveats. I wonder to the point of not being able to sleep sometimes.

I'm the same way! The folks on the Unidentified Forum are super good at finding out family members. If we were allowed to do that, and found one was an RSO, we are sleuthing and narrowing things down.

Wow this is amazing. My impression, learned from another case, is that dogs can't track vehicles once the person/people are inside the vehicle. The rubber tires and such cause the dogs to lose the scent of those inside.

Yet, I've notice time and time again, that my dog alerts (meaning she seems excited and sort of prepares herself to go out) when her main master (my husband) is still down the road a bit. He must be at least a half mile or so away judging by the time it takes him (from the time I notice her behavior) to pull into the driveway. I tell dh, I knew you'd be here soon by the way the dog is acting. She must go by smell because lots of other cars are up and down our street all the time and she remains chill.

I'm not an expert, but have had many dogs throughout my years. I think what you are describing with your dog is because the dog recognizes the sound of your husband's vehicle. My dogs do the same thing, and other dogs have as well. I know that dogs have a much stronger sense of hearing than we do, and I have read that cars and trucks have a unique sound, to a dog. We might not know the difference, but they do.
Of course, it's possible that his vehicle has a distinct smell as well. In the past, when we have acquired a different car or truck, it might take my dogs a few days to get that sound or smell solid in their heads, but once they get used to it, they know it from then on.

I totally agree and I hope this is the case - s personal mystery in JH's life allowing her to be still alive. It's the only thing that makes sense.

But unless she went willingly, not sure her chances of being alive would be greater, and due to the blood found, it is pretty evident she did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M