MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The blood information makes the abduction clearer. He pulls up behind in the darkness
hits her when she comes out puts her in the van and drives away. The only problem I have now is the money and her purse. Everyone is different. I would have put the purse in my pocket first, the money in the safe second, and the trash out last.

Yea but, why was the cash drawer or open.. unless i guess its possible she already locked the front door but still that kind of seems unlikely, taking out the trash in the middle of closing out your drawer

Yea but, why was the cash drawer or open.. unless i guess its possible she already locked the front door but still that kind of seems unlikely, taking out the trash in the middle of closing out your drawer

I will have to look for a link but early on I read an article which stated the trash was emptied. This left me with the "impression" that she was cleaning for close up and had already taken the trash out or set it out.
I took note of this detail because it was setting the scene in my mind but was never mentioned again.
jmo
Will go look for the link, if possible. Found it.

When she heard the details – that Jessica’s purse and coat were left behind, the cash drawer untouched and cleaning supplies and emptied trash where she had apparently left them – Shelly Herringa says she knew. She knew her daughter was abducted, taken against her will while she was preparing to close the gas station shortly before 11 p.m. Friday night, April 26.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/living_a_nightmare_missing_wom.html

The perp did not go in the store, IMO. That may be key, as if he thought there were cameras in there, he may not be a regular after all (if this was common knowledge, that is)

As for the purse - it was inside. I don't believe he went inside, or he would have taken it and the drawer, IMO. And yes, she probably had the front locked up. There is a rumor that she was closing up a little early, and the drawer being out and her going out the back door doing closing maintenance makes the most sense if she had already closed. I know that sometimes owners encourage their people to make a judgment call with regard to closing a little early if it is slow, as it saves money on wages, electricity, and a host of other things. I used to do this in college all the time when I managed a small restaurant.

Wait a second - I need to update my own reasoning.

The front door was most certainly unlocked due to the 911 callers going in and seeing what they saw. So, she probably wasn't closing early but instead getting everything ready so that she could leave at exactly 11:30. This is so she wouldn't have to stick around after closing to do her chores. We used to do this on slow nights at the restaurant too.

What probably then happened was she went out back to either empty trash, change the mop bucket, or clean the restrooms (if outside), and he was there waiting for her.

The trash had been emptied (see wideopen amended post) so Jessica was on the last closing task. To count the money and put it in the safe. She would have put on her coat and taken her purse and left(according to her mother) Who knew she had been abducted.

Wait a second - I need to update my own reasoning.

The front door was most certainly unlocked due to the 911 callers going in and seeing what they saw. So, she probably wasn't closing early but instead getting everything ready so that she could leave at exactly 11:30. This is so she wouldn't have to stick around after closing to do her chores. We used to do this on slow nights at the restaurant too.

What probably then happened was she went out back to either empty trash, change the mop bucket, or clean the restrooms (if outside), and he was there waiting for her.

As in she never saw him and was "hit" with a surprise attack when she went out the back.

jmo

The trash had been emptied (see wideopen amended post) so Jessica was on the last closing task. To count the money and put it in the safe. She would have put on her coat and taken her purse and left(according to her mother) Who knew she had been abducted.

I don't think the trash is necessarily last.
I stop at my local gas station often in the last hour to minutes before close. The nicest older lady works there and she is apparently the only one who cleans IMO. She has the cleaning supplies and trash out while she is mopping, runs the register, back and forth, back and forth. The trash is emptied and it seems like the soda area and floors are last of the cleaning. She has this done about 1/2 hour before quitting time, unless its been a busy, hectic day.
This is only my opinion of my experience.

jmo

I read somewhere that there were gunshots reported around midnight, not far from the gas station, the night of the abduction. Turkey hunters go out before the sun comes up (around one hour before sunrise). The hunters get into position so they can catch the birds as they fly off, just as the sun does finally come up. So, gunshots at midnight would not likely be turkey hunters.

I have a bad feeling about this case. The longer it takes, I feel this is going to be a Jennifer Kesse, Tara Grimatead, Roxanne Paltauf, holly Bobo, Rachell Cooke situation. We may never find out. It amazes me how these people committ these crimes and get away with it. The scary thing is we can't stop it

It is really bugging me that it took 12 days to get that blood tested. What if it had belonged to the kidnapper? Or maybe it didn't take 12 days to process, just 12 days to tell us about it?

I am really scared for Jessica, and really worried for all the pretty girls around here if he isn't caught. I know NSPD is doing their best, but they need a good tip. It's getting harder and harder to trust this sketch as time passes. How can noone know this man?

It is really bugging me that it took 12 days to get that blood tested. What if it had belonged to the kidnapper? Or maybe it didn't take 12 days to process, just 12 days to tell us about it?

I am really scared for Jessica, and really worried for all the pretty girls around here if he isn't caught. I know NSPD is doing their best, but they need a good tip. It's getting harder and harder to trust this sketch as time passes. How can noone know this man?

12 days is actually good turnaround time. It can take a month.

If the blood was by the back door ( and I cant say I trust all the reporting that goes on in cases like this... ) could the coworker have seen Jessica from where she was sitting? IIFC she claims that she and her husband were driving by, saw something that did not look right ( back lights off? ) and swung around in Meijer, and came back. ( so far, all would be just what I would do in that case...) but... she pulls into the strip mall lot? Why not pull into Exxon? That is where she loses me. She pulls into the lot next door and watches. Did she 'suspect' Jessica of something? Maybe putting beer or cigarettes out by the back door for someone to pick up later to make some extra $$ ( I in no way suspect Jessica was doing anything of the sort. Had a coworker way back in the day that would do that tho... ) Anyone know how long she claims to have sat there? If it were me, and I thought something seemed out of place.. I would pull into Exxon, not next door... unless for some reason she did not want Jessica to see her... ( am still on the fence about this witness... if you cant tell...)

If the blood was by the back door ( and I cant say I trust all the reporting that goes on in cases like this... ) could the coworker have seen Jessica from where she was sitting? IIFC she claims that she and her husband were driving by, saw something that did not look right ( back lights off? ) and swung around in Meijer, and came back. ( so far, all would be just what I would do in that case...) but... she pulls into the strip mall lot? Why not pull into Exxon? That is where she loses me. She pulls into the lot next door and watches. Did she 'suspect' Jessica of something? Maybe putting beer or cigarettes out by the back door for someone to pick up later to make some extra $$ ( I in no way suspect Jessica was doing anything of the sort. Had a coworker way back in the day that would do that tho... ) Anyone know how long she claims to have sat there? If it were me, and I thought something seemed out of place.. I would pull into Exxon, not next door... unless for some reason she did not want Jessica to see her... ( am still on the fence about this witness... if you cant tell...)
Has the following been established yet?:

Why was witness in that area of town at that time?

It's possible she didn't pull in to Exxon as she was spooked by what she saw or she was spying out iof curiosity, not something planned.

Is it also possible that pulling in to station would take her off course of where she was driving so she stopped next door?

Going FORWARD

Please report anything unusual-or past suspicions- or changed behavior-about anyone in your life you have seen, witnessed-observed-had 2nd thoughts about etc. I still believe she is alive and being held somewhere. A retired guy- a self-employed guy...an 'entrepreneur'......look for the loner-rich or poor. The hunter on weekends or vacation? Or the wealthy landowner in the area.

He is a lonely guy-cause he can't sustain a relationship. But he must be on a power trip and has snapped somehow or he has been doing this before.

My Opinion Only
You know...the money wasn't taken. What if he is living "off the grid" i.e. modern day hippie.

Maybe someone that can sustain himself off the land.

Since they have no cameras in that store, it has slowed things way down. But I do think anyone who is known by other shift workers, to hang around there, should be looked at.There's a store near me that I don't go to because of men hanging out in front and even around the counter. Most are lonely old men, but it causes the store to lose business. Not sure if the morning person is the early shift worker, but she should be able to say if men have been hanging out there. I guess they never learn names though.

She claimed to witness it from the guitar store parking lot, which is in the strip mall next to the Exxon.
Can you bump your pictures? It was you correct? I looked but.couldn't bump.

I am trying to learn my phone, but google doesn't have any ideas of how to link, or bump.

Can you bump your pictures? It was you correct? I looked but.couldn't bump.

I am trying to learn my phone, but google doesn't have any ideas of how to link, or bump.

Don't know if I can bump, but I can repost. Hang on and I'll go find them.

Alright, I went up to the nugget sand mining company and took a couple pictures that I wanted to share with you- but I am u sure how I go about posting them... Help with that?

When you drive up the private property hill it is very isolated- but an easily traveled road (you wouldn't need a truck to get back there), you drive for at least 1/2 mile before you see anything then it is water, lakes, and equipment. If you go past the industrial area there are some house- some appear summer homes, while others appear residences. I do not suspect one of these homes as a potential place to keep her, the neighbors that lived there seemed very aware of an in familiar vehicle on their road and would notice a disturbed summer home. Also there were no silver mini vans up there to speak of.

My theory is that she knew the person that abducted her, whether it was a regular to the store, a friend, just a face that Jessica trusted and she felt at ease letting in. The person went to the back door and rang a buzzer (unsure if there was a buzzer) or she saw their familiar car drive around the building and she wanted to see what was going on she opened the door, then there was something to "shock her" (a hit to the head, a blow to the jaw, even a punch in the stomach) and she was taken. I know it isn't much but I feel something brought her to the back door and if she thought that she recognized the face she didn't think and walked away from the cash drawer.

Maybe the co-worker wanted to see if she closing early and leaving?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mascaraguns