MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know the color of that suspicious van.

They did not say in the report. Wish they would have.

A resident who lives across from the lake was interviewed. (see video that accompanies article)
The person who found the body said that the body was nude and appeared to have been strangled.

Gosh, I hope this body is not Jessica.

From the article:

neighbor saw a suspicious van around 10 p.m. Saturday in the area where the body was found.

LE was able to determine the gender of the body...

so... this person was placed in the body of water fairly recently...

I wonder if it is Jessica?

:(

They did not say in the report. Wish they would have.

A resident who lives across from the lake was interviewed. (see video that accompanies article)
The person who found the body said that the body was nude and appeared to have been strangled.

Gosh, I hope this body is not Jessica.

Oh no :( No matter who this body is its heartbreaking. I'm still trying to hold out hope that Jessica is out there. I know that chances dwindle with each day but I just don't want to give up hope yet.

I don't know how I missed it, but I didn't realize until looking at her poster again just now how small Jessica is. I feel like I'm almost too small to put up a good fight against an attacker, and I'm a giant next to her. Then again, Mickey Shunick was about Jessica's size and she inflicted life-threatening wounds on her abductor...

Thinking of Jessica's family and especially her little boy, who must be so sad and confused. How do you even begin to explain what is happening to a young child, when it's difficult even for adults to comprehend?

I'll preface this by saying I am almost always wrong. With that being said, I feel like this is most likely Jessica unfortunately. I think this because it said the body was found nude and strangled. That sounds to me like a possible serial sexual predator. If it was like a domestic dispute or something like that, I doubt the body would be found nude. I don't think this type of thing happens very often and would be pretty coincidental if it was somebody else, unless somebody was trying to make it look like something else to cover their tracks.. :[

LE was able to determine the gender of the body...

so... this person was placed in the body of water fairly recently...

I wonder if it is Jessica?

:(

Just had a look for "Pontiac Lake" on Facebook and it sounds like many people were heading out there for the "first picnic" of the year, fishing etc.. If the body was placed fairly recently then it could have been someone not even reported missing yet.

I really did think Jessica's case would be solved quickly :(

Yes lots of interesting info in this. Great find mr_slash.
I find the following quote very significant..

He said the names of three men, who have been considered persons of interest, continue to surface through the course of the investigation. Kasher said the men are customers and acquaintances of Heeringa and some of the information they provided to police didn’t add up.

I am just thinking here...

But... LE made it clear that the released "drawing" of the perp is a "10 out of 10" likeness of the perp...

This could mean that the LE is sending a message to the perp that they pretty well know who he is...

and the release of the info on this found body at Pontiac specifically reports an unusual van was seen around the body of water...

this, again, may be a "message" from LE...

Soooo.... Possibly the LE is closer to nailing the case than they are letting the public know... And are just waiting to find Jessica before they close in on the perp(s)...

Additionally... The condition of the body found will indicate how long it has been in the water (approx)... She could have been kept alive for awhile and then killed... And/or the body may have been transferred within this past month...

Please note that above all I am so hoping Jessica is still alive somewhere :please: .... But that to be realistic... This may not be the case...

All JMO, MOO, etc.

The Arkansas State Police are awesome. They found and secured a 2 year old missing from Georgia. There's no doubt in my mind that they would provide useful information. Fingers are Crossed for Jessica.
I wonder if LE is able to "flag" only Silver Vans fitting the description with Michigan Plates?

Thank you for this useful post. I feel they're one step closer to finding her. JMHO

I woke up really early this morning. IDK "why" exactly. For some reason my "realistic and rational" side wanted to know for sure who the body was found in the lake. Even though they said they'd "perform the autopsy" on Monday; that doesn't mean they're going to release the information immediately. I look for it to be a tense few days ahead until we know for sure who it is..if in fact it's her or not or can even be identified.
With our luck, for all we know it could be someone that was murdered ON the lake and totally unrelated.
Still, I worry. JMHO

Yes lots of interesting info in this. Great find mr_slash.
I find the following quote very significant..
Hmm. You know, they do say that in the vast majority of homicide cases, the identity of the perpetrator is known to LE within only a few days of the crime.

Jessica has several tatoos on many parts of her body (a music note and a peace sign on her left ankle, a star on her back, sleeping Z's on her left foot and a sun and moon on her right calf). I don't know how quickly a body would decompose beyond recognition in that area this time of year, but the body found was in water, and I assume fairly cold water, which would delay composition moreso than if it were just laying on ground. It was able to be determined that the body found was female. Is it likely that after a month (assuming she was killed and dumped very soon after the abduction), enough skin may be left to see tattoos, which would make at least unofficial identification of Jessica pretty instant?

http://www.freep.com/article/201305...issing-abduction-norton-shores-police-minivan
Who abducted Michigan mom Jessica Heeringa?
A silver Town & Country minivan may hold the key to solving the mystery: Who abducted Jessica Heeringa?
It has been one month since the young mother vanished from a Norton Shores gas station — stolen away, police say they believe, in a minivan. One month since a witness saw the minivan pulling into the gas station near closing time. One month since surveillance captured grainy footage of the minivan barreling north through the night.
Days turned into weeks and then into a month.

Jessica has several tatoos on many parts of her body (a music note and a peace sign on her left ankle, a star on her back, sleeping Z's on her left foot and a sun and moon on her right calf). I don't know how quickly a body would decompose beyond recognition in that area this time of year, but the body found was in water, and I assume fairly cold water, which would delay composition moreso than if it were just laying on ground. It was able to be determined that the body found was female. Is it likely that after a month (assuming she was killed and dumped very soon after the abduction), enough skin may be left to see tattoos, which would make at least unofficial identification of Jessica pretty instant?

I would think so, with Jessica Heeringa's tattoos, that if it were her, it would be recognizable, provided, God Forbid, something did not happen to her like in the Jessica Ridgeway case. :(
With a van also being talked about by a witness in this Pontiac Lake case, perhaps it is Jessica Heeringa, and maybe the van was kept hidden for a month?
Whoever this UID is, God Bless them and their families and RIP.

The Arkansas State Police are awesome. They found and secured a 2 year old missing from Georgia. There's no doubt in my mind that they would provide useful information. Fingers are Crossed for Jessica.
I wonder if LE is able to "flag" only Silver Vans fitting the description with Michigan Plates?

Thank you for this useful post. I feel they're one step closer to finding her. JMHO

With the mention of the van that was pulled over in Arkansas with Michigan plates, I assume then that LE is clear that the van had Michigan plates.
The statement about 3 POIs whose statements haven't quite matched up is interesting. I have always felt, and stated, that I believe they have already interviewed the suspect and just don't know it or have enough info to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member