MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be good to know if they have a reason to believe she is alive. Or just the usual, i.e. no proof to show otherwise. I find it difficult to believe she is being held alive, but I guess it could depend on why she was taken.

Wierd, I made a very similar post re: this at the same time you did. You worded it better!

It would be good to know if they have a reason to believe she is alive. Or just the usual, i.e. no proof to show otherwise. I find it difficult to believe she is being held alive, but I guess it could depend on why she was taken.

In the many missing persons cases that I've followed, it seems that LE says something to the effect that "the missing child/person is believed to be alive" because nothing has been found to indicate otherwise. Unless/Until a body, large amounts of blood, clothing worn at the time of disappearance, etc. surface, there is no reason to suspect that the missing individual is deceased but more reason than not to assume that said individual is alive. :moo:

In the many missing persons cases that I've followed, it seems that LE says something to the effect that "the missing child/person is believed to be alive" because nothing has been found to indicate otherwise. Unless/Until a body, large amounts of blood, clothing worn at the time of disappearance, etc. surface, there is no reason to suspect that the missing individual is deceased but more reason than not to assume that said individual is alive. :moo:

Yes, that is what I meant. But seeing how the majority who are actually abducted seem to be found deceased, if at all, it is a baffling statement, IMO. LE made strong statements like this in the case of the Iowa girls, which only led to lots of speculation about trafficking, which, IMO, is almost never the case in abductions of girls or women who are not runaways, etc. yes it can happen but not likely.

http://www.freep.com/article/201305...issing-abduction-norton-shores-police-minivan

Linking the most recent article again as it confirms (though not in quotes) that somehow Jessica was lured to the back of the gas station. I know peeps have discussed this point before but I never saw it in writing before now. So the drop of blood was found behind the station according to what's written in the article.

The reason this is confusing to me is because I could swear Chief Shaw said that the van (per witness) was noticed along side the station and then it drove off passing the witness in the alley/street near the guitar store. We still don't know if the witness is a man or a woman (I believe CS said "she" at the beginning and then in the video I reference, he stayed generic when referring to the witness). Chief Shaw specifically said in a video interview that the witness saw the man's face because he drove by close to her(?) in the lit alleyway. That's how the witness was able to get a good look at his face. Most of us think it's strange, under those circumstances, for a witness to detail a person thoroughly when viewed from afar and at night. Now, in the article above, they say that the witness saw a man getting into the van and driving off. Maybe it's this witness/s, and/or peeps from the guitar store (another witness), who have given differing accounts to LE.

Here we find out that three men's names have surfaced throughout the investigation. Upon reading that remark, I thought about the 911 caller as he referred to "we" when he gave his account of finding the gas station empty the Friday night Jessica disappeared. I can't help but wonder who "we" consists of. It could be CH, the 911 caller, and one or two other people. We don't know. It's a little odd imo that we've only heard from CH when there was at least one other person who found the gas station empty. That means LE spoke to the 911 caller and, of course, they spoke to the other/s too. Did they tell the same story? It sounds as if they'd be in the same vehicle though. Unless they drove, after work, to the same gas station in separate vehicles and were somehow in on this together.

I totally agree. LE, and everyone else, certainly should have HOPE that she is alive, but without finding her or the perp(s) that abducted her, I don't see how they can have REASON to believe she is alive. My guess is they will only know why she was taken, if even then, after the abductor is apprehended, or at the very least, identified. JMO

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/oakland_county/womans-body-found-in-pontiac-lake

Woman whose body was found floating in Terry Lake identified as 32-year-old from PontiacRead more:

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/oakland_county/womans-body-found-in-pontiac-lake#ixzz2UWOqvbxG

(WXYZ) - 7 Action News has learned the identity of a woman whose body was found floating in Pontiac's Terry Lake Sunday morning.
She has been identified as 32-year-old Rosaline Lee of Pontiac.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...gled/-/1719418/20317184/-/l49gkr/-/index.html

A white van, 2001 Dodge Caravan, was found. No one is in custody.

I'll preface this by saying I am almost always wrong. With that being said, I feel like this is most likely Jessica unfortunately. I think this because it said the body was found nude and strangled. That sounds to me like a possible serial sexual predator. If it was like a domestic dispute or something like that, I doubt the body would be found nude. I don't think this type of thing happens very often and would be pretty coincidental if it was somebody else, unless somebody was trying to make it look like something else to cover their tracks.. :[

I know what you mean. When following other cases, it has come up often that a body is found nearby where the victim of the case was last seen. My heart always skips a beat and then I go through the mixed hope of it being her while, at the same time, hoping it's not her. In most of the other cases so far, it's not been 'her'. Which only goes to show how many under reported/advertised people have been left out in the elements after they go missing, die or are killed. It's frightening.

It sounds as if Roseline Lee was found soon (by a fisherman) after she went missing. If she wasn't found right away, would people look for her or assume she went away or was taken far away? That's why there's usually a search conducted. Why not in Jessica's case?

I couldn't see the dent on the video that people were talking about but i may have been looking at a different frame. There was a lot of talk about people referring to a dent though on mlive.com who claimed they saw it but this dent is on the driver's side, and the videos I saw, only the passenger side of the van was visible. Also, I think since they say its between a 2003 and 2006 model van that they are looking for, I think they probably have agreed on the fact that it is definitely a Town and Country, but again, I'm always wrong :)

edit: the van appears to belong to the victim Rosaline

"Lee was last known to be driving a minivan – and now Oakland County Sheriff’s detectives want to know if anyone saw the 2001 White Dodge Caravan in the hours leading up to her murder.
Investigators say Lee’s van was found on Burt, just 3/4 of a mile from the lake. A neighbor noticed the minivan early Sunday morning – probably within hours of Lee’s body being left in the lake."

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region/oakland_county/womans-body-found-in-pontiac-lake#ixzz2UYO5yHnL

The van pictured in this article has damage on the drivers side.
I remember that when I saw the pic of the van in Jessica's case I thought I could see a dent in the side of the van. I was not posative it was a dent...could have been a trick of the light.
Anyone else remember seeing that?

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...gled/-/1719418/20317184/-/l49gkr/-/index.html

Here is the picture of the van found yesterday in the Pontiac case:
Rosaline-Van-JPG.jpg

I wonder where they found the van?

Yes, I remember the dent, but it would have been on the other side of the vehicle (from coin place surveillance footage).

Also, I remember posting a link a while back about an attempted abduction where a dented white van was mentioned (looking for post...)

Surely there will be information about this van soon via the vin#, etc. It sure resembles the shape of the van seen in the footage, and there has even been talk about the possibility of it being a dodge caravan. What else do we know about Rosaline's case?

Standby for a side by side photo comparison of the 2 vehicles:

Screen_shot_2013-05-01_at_3.01.20_PM.png

I keep thinking about chief Shaw stating the sketch is a 10 out of 10. If the sketch does look like the perp would it be possible to compare the sketch to driver's license photos? Do states have a photo on file of everyone that has a license? Must be software that could compare sketch to photos. Could even filter out short or very tall people too to narrow. Start with MI then move out to surrounding states.

Here is the picture of the van found yesterday in the Pontiac case:
Rosaline-Van-JPG.jpg

I wonder where they found the van?

Yes, I remember the dent, but it would have been on the other side of the vehicle (from coin place surveillance footage).

Also, I remember posting a link a while back about an attempted abduction where a dented white van was mentioned (looking for post...)

Surely there will be information about this van soon via the vin#, etc. It sure resembles the shape of the van seen in the footage, and there has even been talk about the possibility of it being a dodge caravan. What else do we know about Rosaline's case?

Standby for a side by side photo comparison of the 2 vehicles:

Screen_shot_2013-05-01_at_3.01.20_PM.png

Thank you for posting both van photos!
I just can not tell anything from the photos we have of the van in Jessica's case. They are from too great a distance for me to pick out anything that might identify it. Darn it.

Thank you for posting both van photos!
I just can not tell anything from the photos we have of the van in Jessica's case. They are from too great a distance for me to pick out anything that might identify it. Darn it.

You're welcome, but it appears the van belongs to the victim, Rosaline.
(see above, I edited my post).

Considering the proximity and circumstances of the 2 cases, I wonder if these 2 cases could somehow be related.
I'm going to start a thread for Rosaline Ransom Lee.

Does the sketch look like any of the three associates of Jessica's that cannot be ruled out? Do any of them have access to a silver or gray van? How hard can this be to find out...

I know what you mean. When following other cases, it has come up often that a body is found nearby where the victim of the case was last seen. My heart always skips a beat and then I go through the mixed hope of it being her while, at the same time, hoping it's not her. In most of the other cases so far, it's not been 'her'. Which only goes to show how many under reported/advertised people have been left out in the elements after they go missing, die or are killed. It's frightening.

It sounds as if Roseline Lee was found soon (by a fisherman) after she went missing. If she wasn't found right away, would people look for her or assume she went away or was taken far away? That's why there's usually a search conducted. Why not in Jessica's case?

I just saw this post. It's funny you said that. Before I read your post I was thinking the same exact thing. "I wonder how many of these things are happening that I'm just not hearing about." Out of curiosity, I googled "body found in syracuse," since that is where I am from, just wondering if this happens and I'm not hearing about this stuff. Sure enough, "body found submerged in water in Syracuse yesterday." I just thought... you have got to be kidding me.

Detective sgt. Michael Kasher and his team have narrowed the silver Chrysler 2003-2006 town and country minivan (imo no dents,no roof rack with standard 9 spoke crome weels.) They are looking at drivers between 30 and 40(imo this should be extended to 25 and 50 they could look at pictures and see if there are any possibles in the extended age group) At the rate they are examining the vans appx. 100/ month They will have to get lucky to complete their task soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cynthialynn13