MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I recall somewhere the caller said the pump was off and he came inside to pay and no one was there?

In one of his interviews, the 911 caller said he was paying in cash so needed the attendant to activate the pump.
He said he shouted out but no one came so he went inside and saw her purse on the counter but no one was around.

On the last page or two of thread five, I posted the link to that particular video. The words of the 911 caller differed a little (a more detailed explanation) from another video/interview I remember seeing of the 911 caller telling his experience. Since I don't remember seeing both videos early in the case, I'm not sure which one came first. Did he add details or did he actually give two different accounts? Or, did he say the same thing two different ways?

is it possible or likely that Rosaline Lee was another victim of Jessica's abductor?
has anyone in her life or her circumstances indicated a reason this might have happened to her, or is it totally random? someone who knew her, if they did this, would try to hide it better, wouldn't they?
If it is the same perp, why was one woman found immediately? could JH be alive if RRL is not if it is the same perp?

Rosaline was driving a white 2001 Dodge Caravan, that was seen on Saturday night, and the last time anyone had seen Rosaline or heard from her was around 3am on Sunday, and her Dodge Caravan was found on Burt, about three quarters of a mile from the lake on Monday, so I am thinking that perhaps these are unrelated cases. I think what might be tripping up the thinking is the fact that a mini van is mentioned in the Jessica Heeringa case, and a mini van of Rosaline's is mentioned in Rosaline's case....but they are different vans. And the fact that something happened to both women, and Rosaline was found strangled/dead.
If there is a different van in the Jessica Heeringa case that is not a Town and Country, and it was Rosaline's van that was being used by someone else, I would think that Rosaline, when she was alive, would have said something about her van being used by someone else because Jessica's case is well known now, unless Rosaline's thinking was tripped up by thinking that in Jessica's case, Rosaline's van could not have been used as Rosaline has a Dodge Caravan, not a Town and Country Chrysler. I hope that makes sense.. In My Opinion, Only......

A 7 yr old girl holding her mothers hand was walking on the sidewalk in front of her house. A man stopped his car, abducted her in the daytime and put her in the car trunk. Part of her leg sticking out prevented the trunk from closing completely. The girl opened the trunk and jumped out falling to the street. a neighbor helped her up and walked her down the block to her mother. ( I did not get a refrence or a state)

A 7 yr old girl holding her mothers hand was walking on the sidewalk in front of her house. A man stopped his car, abducted her in the daytime and put her in the car trunk. Part of her leg sticking out prevented the trunk from closing completely. The girl opened the trunk and jumped out falling to the street. a neighbor helped her up and walked her down the block to her mother. ( I did not get a refrence or a state)

how on earth is that possible if she was holding her mother's hand while he was abducting her?

I totally agree and have said the same thing since I heard her story!
I do not believe anything she has said.

I think this witness is ONE of the ppl they are looking at and that's JMO.

Why was she there?

I work in a pizza shop and if one of my coworkers came in before close I would feel comfortable letting them in or counting money in their presence. Or if I was locking up I would feel comfortable letting them come in to pick up a forgotten cellphone or purse or to use the restroom.

In one of his interviews, the 911 caller said he was paying in cash so needed the attendant to activate the pump.
He said he shouted out but no one came so he went inside and saw her purse on the counter but no one was around.

On the last page or two of thread five, I posted the link to that particular video. The words of the 911 caller differed a little (a more detailed explanation) from another video/interview I remember seeing of the 911 caller telling his experience. Since I don't remember seeing both videos early in the case, I'm not sure which one came first. Did he add details or did he actually give two different accounts? Or, did he say the same thing two different ways?

It is not uncommon for witnesses to change their stories up a bit, adding or leaving details out in the next telling. People have a hard time telling the same story the exact same way every time... LE expects this. It's when they DO say the same words in the same order and leave nothing out nor add anything in, that LE gets suspicious.

http://www.news10.net/news/article/...-arrested-in-kidnapping-of-girl-in-Sacramento

ok, she was not holding her mother's hand when she was abducted.

And this article says nothing about her leg sticking out of the trunk. She pushed a button and jumped out... I'm guessing the button opened the trunk? Also, when asked where her mom was she said, "she's far." What exactly does that mean, I wonder?
Lucky little girl!
It's pretty daring for an abductor to snatch a child right off the street with people around, but it does happen.

It is not uncommon for witnesses to change their stories up a bit, adding or leaving details out in the next telling. People have a hard time telling the same story the exact same way every time... LE expects this. It's when they DO say the same words in the same order and leave nothing out nor add anything in, that LE gets suspicious.

I agree with this! I also want to say that law enforcement has not at any time acted or seemed suspicious of any of the witnesses, unless that changes I'm not sure I feel comfortable talking about them in a suspicious manner. We certainly wouldn't want to discourage witnesses from coming forward in my opinion.

I'll ask if its ok to discuss them as such and let you all know.

Ima

I have not read the "witness" statement but after reading the initial story I do remember thinking "How odd, you think something strange is going on and you pull into a parking lot and watch it?" Why not call 911 and say "I think something strange is going on?" I don't know, there might be more to the story than I realize. :twocents:

I agree. It's either so strange you call 911 or its a little strange, enough to make you stop but not enough to call 911, in which case you actually go to the gas station to see if things are ok. I can't think of a scenario off the top of my head that something is strange enough to stop but not call 911 but too strange to actually go to the station itself and instead sit in a neighboring parking lot.

And this article says nothing about her leg sticking out of the trunk. She pushed a button and jumped out... I'm guessing the button opened the trunk? Also, when asked where her mom was she said, "she's far." What exactly does that mean, I wonder?
Lucky little girl!
It's pretty daring for an abductor to snatch a child right off the street with people around, but it does happen.

yah. I read 2 versions. one the mom was far away and the girl pushed a button to get out of the closed trunk. the other said she was walking WITH her mom and her foot was not all the way in the trunk enabling her to open it and get out.
just glad she did get out.

That's true. It depends if the story is altered and actually different from the first account given versus if new details or different words are used to described the same conditions told the first time. The 911 caller adding or specifying that he needed the attendant to engage the pump because he was paying with cash seems logical and clear as to the reason why he was looking for her in the first place. The other time he spoke it was unclear why the pump didn't/wouldn't work. That caused speculation as to whether or not Jessica had already turned the pumps off or maybe she could have triggered an off switch when she realized she was in trouble.

It's possible then that peeps pulling into the station could have still pumped gas using a credit card and been none the wiser that the attendant wasn't inside. The 911 caller said he waved several cars on when he realized no one was there. Wonder if any of those people contacted LE to confirm the timing reported. Were they waved on at 10:55, 11:02, 11:10 or only after 11:15? See what I mean? Why would he wave people on versus saying to them, "I can't find the attendant and I've called 911". They should still be able to pay using a credit card. Why worry about them stopping?
(911 caller says he arrived at 11:07 and called 911 at 11:15.) LE would know if any gas purchases were completed after the final customer who came inside at 10:50-55 went away, right?

http://fox17online.com/2013/04/29/9...issing-mother-jessica-heeringa/#axzz2UhtB7v99

Here's one of the first articles that says the 911 caller reported at 11:15. The last sentence makes it sound as if someone else called 911 at 11:16. It's unclear if this is a bad recap of the story adding that a gas station key holder was contacted at 11:32. We've not heard any details from LE regarding a second 911 call received almost simultaneous with the first 911 call.

I'm just trying to hash out the details. Not for the purpose of flat out accusing anybody of anything but to examine the timeline against what people have reported.

I watched a case the other day on TV. The first person they interviewed - a guy who helped a friend of the victim drive her home from the bar they both worked at (because she drank too much on her day off), was cleared after a simple interview. It turns out that, after he returned to the bar with the friend, he doubled back to the victim's house where she was still sleeping - he had unlocked her door on his way out. Well, he seemed like a nice guy just doing what nice guys do - helping the two women out. He was really an opportunist and knew he had stumbled upon a great opportunity. He doubled back, raped and killed the woman and then left town shortly thereafter. Seventeen years or so later, after DNA science became available, they were able to match the DNA to this original odd person. By then the guy had his DNA on file because, of course, he had committed additional crimes. But, in the meantime, several of the 52 year old woman's personal acquaintances and exes were suspected and scrutinized. Because some of them hadn't always been so nice, her daughters suspected one of them especially. The key to this story is that there was an opportunist involved and he manged to slip right on by LE.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/04/norton_shores_police_release_9.html

"He told the 911 dispatcher that he had called out for an employee and had walked around the building, but did not see anyone. Two vehicles were parked by the building, he said, and he read off the license plates to the operator."

http://fox17online.com/2013/04/29/9...issing-mother-jessica-heeringa/#axzz2UhtB7v99

"The witness said he was trying to pay for gas, but there was no clerk in sight. He also reported that there were two cars in the parking lot; one parked by the building and one Honda SUV."

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/04/29/9...issing-mother-jessica-heeringa/#ixzz2UiBQesHe

Does anyone know what kind of car Jessica drove? Where was Jessica's car in relation to the Exxon station?

The 911 caller was in a black jeep as per his 911 call.

http://www.freep.com/VideoNetwork/2338539285001/911-call-in-the-Jessica-Heeringa-case

Afaik, no details about J's car or the other car parked at the station have been released. If license plate details are known, there must be a verified reason the two cars were parked there if not another customer. One of the cars most likely belonged to Jessica. Were both vehicles still there when LE arrived on the scene?

It's almost impossible to believe that one of the vehicles could have been the van considering the 911 caller had already been on the scene for eight or so minutes before calling 911. Plus the van was caught on tape a few minutes past 11:00 right?

Maybe the other car belongs to the other witness? Is it true they didn't report what they saw to LE until the next day? If the 911 caller obtained a license plate number, LE may have contacted them!

Keep in mind no one ever told LE (according to Chief Shaw) about witnessing a struggle. That was SH who told that story to the media.

Afaik, no details about J's car or the other car parked at the station have been released. If license plate details are known, there must be a verified reason the two cars were parked there if not another customer. One of the cars most likely belonged to Jessica. Were both vehicles still there when LE arrived on the scene?

It's almost impossible to believe that one of the vehicles could have been the van considering the 911 caller had already been on the scene for eight or so minutes before calling 911. Plus the van was caught on tape a few minutes past 11:00 right?

Maybe the other car belongs to the other witness? Is it true they didn't report what they saw to LE until the next day? If the 911 caller obtained a license plate number, LE may have contacted them!

Keep in mind no one ever told LE (according to Chief Shaw) about witnessing a struggle. That was SH who told that story to the media.

Yes, and the way that the 911 call sounded to me, in my opinion, that there was nobody around at all, but there were 2 cars there, in addition to his jeep, so he rattled off the license plate numbers of those 2 vehicles to the 911 dispatcher and gave his own name as well for info to the dispatcher.
So perhaps that is why the "witness" (not 911 guy) did not go to LE until the next day, because perhaps it was LE contacting them first........Good Point Woe.Be.Gone!!!!

Yes, and the way that the 911 call sounded to me, in my opinion, that there was nobody around at all, but there were 2 cars there, in addition to his jeep, so he rattled off the license plate numbers of those 2 vehicles to the 911 dispatcher and gave his own name as well for info to the dispatcher.
So perhaps that is why the "witness" (not 911 guy) did not go to LE until the next day, because perhaps it was LE contacting them first........Good Point Woe.Be.Gone!!!!

but the witness was not parked in the gas station lot correct? she was in the guitar store lot?
It would be interesting though, and add to the suspicion of the witness, if she was contacted by LE first and did not go to them on her own.

but the witness was not parked in the gas station lot correct? she was in the guitar store lot?
It would be interesting though, and add to the suspicion of the witness, if she was contacted by LE first and did not go to them on her own.

Yes, I think that witness was said to be in the guitar parking lot........hum...now that peak's my curiosity......so, whose vehicles were at the gas station and whose vehicle(s )were in the guitar parking lot, and can one be at both places??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lostnfound