MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a video of a reporter talking to the 911 caller in an interview.
The gentleman kept saying "we", so maybe the other car could have been his co-worker's car, as he works nearby and goes there occasionally after work.......

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/jessica-heeringa-abduction-911-call

"CH" told 24 Hour News 8 that he did not see any suspicious people or vehicles while he was at the Exxon.

Unless that other vehicle at the gas station was a familiar car he was used to seeing there?, in my opinion??

I agree. It's either so strange you call 911 or its a little strange, enough to make you stop but not enough to call 911, in which case you actually go to the gas station to see if things are ok. I can't think of a scenario off the top of my head that something is strange enough to stop but not call 911 but too strange to actually go to the station itself and instead sit in a neighboring parking lot.

O/T
But this reminds me of a situation I witnessed a couple of months ago. I was headed home (approx 11pm) when I was passing my usual gas station. I've befriended a few of the employees so I looked over to see who was there. All the sudden I see a guy get into his car, peel out, and take off down the road in the opposite direction at a high rate of speed (faster than the 35mph speed limit). I'd never seen something like that before and I thought to myself "What if someone was robbed?! Are they ok?"
So I made a quick left through the intersection we will just say it was very illegal what I did due to the lane I was in being the straight lane and the light not being the exact color green. I went into the store to see the older man visibly shaken. I asked if he was ok. Luckily it was just some punk that he refused to sell cigarettes to (no ID). He got angry and peeled off down the road. He said "I don't know what kind of car he was driving or I'd call the police" I told him that I saw it and gave an accurate description of the car. I learned that the man that peeled out was arrested an hour later (after the attendant called the police) they found a concealed gun on him and drugs.

I wanted to say this because; I think it's very unusual that someone COULD sit by and do nothing..even if somethings just a little bit odd. Especially if someone knew Jessica, been in the area at the time or knew they were working alone. I would hope that there's the HUMAN decency in everybody to help one another. If that's not the case and someone just can't "take the time" to make a simple phone call; or drive a few yards to see whats going on..there's a MAJOR malfunction. JMHO

I agree. It's either so strange you call 911 or its a little strange, enough to make you stop but not enough to call 911, in which case you actually go to the gas station to see if things are ok. I can't think of a scenario off the top of my head that something is strange enough to stop but not call 911 but too strange to actually go to the station itself and instead sit in a neighboring parking lot.

I've always thought that the witness was just being nosey. lol

MOO: She was a co-worker looking for a little gossip.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringa_remains_missi_1.html

An article from May 28th (yesterday)

"But Shaw said investigators aren’t certain the van is connected. At this point, it’s just a hunch, he said. "

“I need to be clear: We don’t know if that van was involved. We really don’t know that,” he said.

So, if the witness statement is not accurate and this is a Hunch but incorrect, what vehicle I wonder did she leave in? In My Opinion Only...... Hypothetically speaking........

After reading a lot of msm it occurred to me if the abductor shaved his head websleuths or LE would not be able to match him up to the crime or a van. They would have to find Jessicas dna in a van and then try to match him up with older photos.

O/T
But this reminds me of a situation I witnessed a couple of months ago. I was headed home (approx 11pm) when I was passing my usual gas station. I've befriended a few of the employees so I looked over to see who was there. All the sudden I see a guy get into his car, peel out, and take off down the road in the opposite direction at a high rate of speed (faster than the 35mph speed limit). I'd never seen something like that before and I thought to myself "What if someone was robbed?! Are they ok?"
So I made a quick left through the intersection we will just say it was very illegal what I did due to the lane I was in being the straight lane and the light not being the exact color green. I went into the store to see the older man visibly shaken. I asked if he was ok. Luckily it was just some punk that he refused to sell cigarettes to (no ID). He got angry and peeled off down the road. He said "I don't know what kind of car he was driving or I'd call the police" I told him that I saw it and gave an accurate description of the car. I learned that the man that peeled out was arrested an hour later (after the attendant called the police) they found a concealed gun on him and drugs.

I wanted to say this because; I think it's very unusual that someone COULD sit by and do nothing..even if somethings just a little bit odd. Especially if someone knew Jessica, been in the area at the time or knew they were working alone. I would hope that there's the HUMAN decency in everybody to help one another. If that's not the case and someone just can't "take the time" to make a simple phone call; or drive a few yards to see whats going on..there's a MAJOR malfunction. JMHO

I agree. Being a co-worker makes it much more likely that a witness would get involved, IMO! Good for you, paying attention to your surroundings and not being afraid to do the right thing and find out if someone needed help. I'm glad they caught that bum, thanks to your keen eye to detail.

I agree with this! I also want to say that law enforcement has not at any time acted or seemed suspicious of any of the witnesses, unless that changes I'm not sure I feel comfortable talking about them in a suspicious manner. We certainly wouldn't want to discourage witnesses from coming forward in my opinion.

I'll ask if its ok to discuss them as such and let you all know.

Ima

Thank you! I think it does discourage some people from getting involved. We could all be potential witnesses at some time or another, and while that wouldn't deter most of us, for some it would cause some concern and hesitation in trying to help.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringa_task_force_of.html

"Shaw said “reduction in staffing” was due to a “decrease in the volume of new tips.” Shaw said the task force is still “actively investigating this case” but there are no new developments as of today, May 30."

"Police have been looking for a silver or gray mini-van, possibly a 2005 Chrysler Town & Country, as one was seen leaving the area at the time of Heeringa’s alleged abduction."

Speculating about the witnesses is not allowed. You can discuss what is known through law enforcement and main stream media but do not imply or insinuate guilt at all.

You can discuss what the witnesses say and if you find something they've changed you can discuss that as well but you must have a link to back up what you say or it will be removed.

We do not want to discourage anyone from contacting law enforcement if they feel they have information and unless law enforcement give us a reason to think something is not right about the witness or if they are named a suspect or person of interest we are not to discuss them as such.

:tyou:

I've always thought that the witness was just being nosey. lol

MOO: She was a co-worker looking for a little gossip.

That is what I think about the co-worker/witness who happened to pass by the Exxon station near the time of closing on the night that Jessica went missing. I'm in no way suggesting that the woman and/or her husband are in any way involved with JH's disappearance, just that it seems coincidental that they were in the area at the time of the abduction. It's probably something as simple as them having been out for the evening and that is the main road that they take to get home.

I'm sure that LE has already asked the employee and her husband why they were near the Exxon station at that time and are satisfied with their explanation. The witnesses have not been identified because they will likely be called to testify if the case is ever prosecuted. :moo:

I fear too much importance was given to the mini-van in the early stages of the investigation. Now it seems it may not be connected to Jessica's disappearance:

Authorities have focused largely on a silver or gray min-van – believed to be a Town & Country, maybe a 2005 – seen leaving the scene around the 11 p.m. time that Heeringa was allegedly abducted. A witness had reported seeing the van in the area, driven by a man that police have described as 30 to 40 years old.

But Shaw said investigators aren’t certain the van is connected. At this point, it’s just a hunch, he said.

“I need to be clear: We don’t know if that van was involved. We really don’t know that,” he said.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2013/05/jessica_heeringa_remains_missi_1.html

I fear too much importance was given to the mini-van in the early stages of the investigation. Now it seems it may not be connected to Jessica's disappearance:

Authorities have focused largely on a silver or gray min-van – believed to be a Town & Country, maybe a 2005 – seen leaving the scene around the 11 p.m. time that Heeringa was allegedly abducted. A witness had reported seeing the van in the area, driven by a man that police have described as 30 to 40 years old.

But Shaw said investigators aren’t certain the van is connected. At this point, it’s just a hunch, he said.

It seems the sheriff is at least publicly leaving the door open that the van may have no involvement in Jessica's disappearance, but I don't think he really believes that, for the simple reason that to this day, no one has yet contacted police and said "that was was my van and I am not involved". Surely every person remotely close to Norton Shores has seen that video or still pics of it.

Having said that, it really seems that LE has nothing reliable to lead them to Jessica or her abductor(s). Starting over at square one and re-interviewing everyone already spoken to is about the best thing they can do, but short of someone suddenly getting a conscience and confessing (unlikely), someone stumbling upon her remains somewhere or the abductor(s) getting caught trying to abduct someone else, I fear this case may never be solved. JMO.

That keeps changing, doesn't it? In the last thread there were links to statements made by Shaw that the van was definitely involved. The fact is the public doesn't know very much at all, given all of the contradicting information. Another brick wall.

I've never felt they were ever certain the van is involved and I don't think they ever said it was involved for sure. It was seen leaving the station and the witness gave a description of the van and the person driving and they are trying to run it down so they can either clear the van and person or not imo.

It seems the sheriff is at least publicly leaving the door open that the van may have no involvement in Jessica's disappearance, but I don't think he really believes that, for the simple reason that to this day, no one has yet contacted police and said "that was was my van and I am not involved". Surely every person remotely close to Norton Shores has seen that video or still pics of it.

Having said that, it really seems that LE has nothing reliable to lead them to Jessica or her abductor(s). Starting over at square one and re-interviewing everyone already spoken to is about the best thing they can do, but short of someone suddenly getting a conscience and confessing (unlikely), someone stumbling upon her remains somewhere or the abductor(s) getting caught trying to abduct someone else, I fear this case may never be solved. JMO.

Yes, but there was a person with a van that was in that area that the police talked to and asked him if he took Jessica and also asked him if he knew who did. There is a video of a TV reporter stating that this gentleman with the van was at the store that night. I will have to refind the video that I posted, but could this be the person that was initially seen there, only to find out that he has nothing to do with this case? So, therefore if that is true, then yes, someone did come forward, but the police talked to him before he had a chance to come forward....

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/cleared-jessica-heeringa-person-of-interest

"'They asked me if I took' Heeringa
Man saw Jessica Heeringa at gas station on Friday"

"Updated: Wednesday, 01 May 2013, 9:26 AM EDT"
"Published : Tuesday, 30 Apr 2013, 10:36 PM EDT"

"By Leon Hendrix
NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WOOD) - A man who was cleared as a person of interest in the abduction of Jessica Heeringa was at the gas station where she works less than an hour before she vanished."

Now this video does not state that this gentleman owns a van, so I will try to find the video where it states they talked to the man with the van.....

This article is dated 4/28 and says this...
A minivan and a white male are now being sought in the abduction case of a Norton Shores mother.
Jessica Heeringa, 25, went missing around 11:15 p.m. Friday, just as she was finishing her shift at the Exxon Mobil gas station on E. Sternberg Road.
Authorities are now looking for a silver minivan, possibly a Chrysler Town & Country, that could be involved.
“A passerby had observed this vehicle near the store, parked near the store, and observed the vehicle driving away,” Norton Shores Police Chief Dan Shaw said.

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2013/04/28/s...-in-jessica-heeringa-abduction/#ixzz2UnLBQHPy

and here...

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/loca...nce-video-of-minivan-in-jessica-heeringa-case
"I wish I had the technology like you see on TV where you could blow it up and I could see the driver inside. But that doesn't exist for me," said Shaw.
And the van itself may be a dead lead.
"We really don't know if that van was involved or not. We just know it was last seen at the Exxon Mobil station," said Shaw.
Regardless, police would like to speak to the driver of the minivan, described as a heavy-set, white man between 30 and 40 years old, and having broad shoulders, and light brown, wavy hair parted in the middle and longer on top. He may have also been wearing a bright red or orange sweatshirt.

Can anyone help me out here. I recall watching a video where the reporter states that a man with a van was in the gas station the night Jessica was abducted, and the police interviewed him. Was this JA from my post #135? Is that why they stopped JA, because he drove a van? He was given a polygraph....and is no longer a person of interest. Does JA drive a van??

Now, onto other persons of interest......from an article from May 2nd
I found an article and video that I will now post, and it is about interviewing a sex offender with a van and that this was the 25th person of interest.........

http://www.wzzm13.com/news/regional/255143/5/When-do-police-let-a-person-of-interest-go

"The sex offender Norton Shores Police questioned Wednesday night in the Jessica Heeringa case voluntarily returned to police Thursday for additional questioning."

"He was person of interest number 25 in her alleged abduction, according to Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw."

http://www.grandhaventribune.com/article/policefire/379026

Earlier in the evening, a man (article above) who was getting off work from the guitar store, stopped at the station to buy gas. He overheard a man in a van speaking "flirty" to Jessica. He didn't see his face, only heard his voice.

This guy's story was the first mention of a van. Later a van was caught on two different surveillance videos driving down the road shortly after the time J disappeared. Apparently another witness, who remains unidentified, saw a van at the gas station too at a later hour near to the time J disappeared. This witness has ties to the guitar store (and gas station?) as well. We think this is the witness who provided the description for the sketch. Somehow she got a good look at the perp. SH and LE have heard two different stories but it's unclear if they came from the same person.

But wouldn't you think that if this person (who owned the van) cared enough to "flirt" with Jess; that he would just step forward and say. "Hey, yea, I'm that guy, we talk on a regular basis..check my van, gimme some coffee while I wait." You know; whatever he could do to clear himself of the case and get it to move forward?
Instead, no word from the guy seems suspicious. Sometimes, it's what's NOT said or done that would mean the most. JMO

is it possible or likely that Rosaline Lee was another victim of Jessica's abductor?
has anyone in her life or her circumstances indicated a reason this might have happened to her, or is it totally random? someone who knew her, if they did this, would try to hide it better, wouldn't they?
If it is the same perp, why was one woman found immediately? could JH be alive if RRL is not if it is the same perp?

I am really wondering about this.

Here is the link for Rosaline's thread in case anyone here missed it and would like to take a look:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210626

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member