MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breaking news Michigan has hired a new coach for the Pistons. I tried to do the poll but it would only let me make one choice.

Breaking news Michigan has hired a new coach for the Pistons. I tried to do the poll but it would only let me make one choice.

Ok you almost gave me heart attack. Thought this was related to Jessica. Can you please put Off Topic in front of Breaking News? Thanks so much!

It would be absolutely easy to access 31 from the station. It is practically on the corner there. Left out of the station and the entrance to either north or south 31 is right there.
One thing I have thought of (although I by no means think she left intentionally) would be..IF she did leave, with all the publicity...how hard, how almost impossible, would it be to come back now? Face everyone and have to say "I'm sorry..." would she face any legal repercussions?
People do disappear intentionally...there was the woman in Holland around that time who was found in Arizona ...and her family said the same thing...she would not leave her family, her job...

I thought the same thing. For some reason I've always felt that the abductor went North on 31 and camped up somewhere around Wolf Lake (IIRC) It's a cheap fee and borders a state forest. <That was just IMO and a Theory.

As far as leaving the Fiancee and baby behind..I say fiancee/money problems..probably. Kid? Absolutely Not.
As far as a "willing escape from reality" or just "needing a break" WOULDN'T YOU JUST SAY SO?! No one in their "right" mind just takes off..
For example:
Look at that woman that was missing for 11 years and went to Florida abandoning her husband and kids. (She just came back.) She looked like a completely different person, like she'd done all the drugs in Florida. JMO

Being a mother, and in a tight position, heck yea I'd really THINK hard about taking my kid and going elsewhere. But I don't see her leaving that baby behind, knowing how much he'd miss her.
The whole thing just breaks my heart.
If she DID take off willingly she'd have to face up to at least "abandonment charges" if the state wanted to pick it up. I don't believe the family themselves would press it if she came back willingly. But the state would have a whole lot to say about it.
(JMHO..sorry for the long rant/post)
I love you guys <3

Tiffany Tehan left her very young baby and husband to run off with a new man and left her car in a way that hinted she was abducted, in a park, with the driver's door hanging open, when she was meant to be shopping. It happens. It is naive to say that women would never leave their children or pets, no matter how much they love them. They do. Sometimes the heart is more focused on a new partner than on the life they are leaving behind.

But I still do not believe Jessica has done this, at least not without further evidence.

I agree Cluciano63, People DO those things. I'm not saying the don't. I just don't think they're in their right mind when they do them. IMO It's extremely selfish. I want to chalk it up to some sort of "bi-polar mental breakdown" rather than saying "Yep. that person is the most uncaring person I've ever heard of."

And from what we know of Jess, I can't fathom that of her. She'd have given that man every last cent in the register, 20 cartons of smokes,and all her $400 paycheck before willingly leaving that baby.

I'm sticking to the assumption that someone took her. (Blood evidence being not willingly) And she's unable to get back home for any of numerous unnamed reasons. JMO

Please Jess even if you prove me wrong make it home. <3

I agree Cluciano63, People DO those things. I'm not saying the don't. I just don't think they're in their right mind when they do them. IMO It's extremely selfish. I want to chalk it up to some sort of "bi-polar mental breakdown" rather than saying "Yep. that person is the most uncaring person I've ever heard of."

And from what we know of Jess, I can't fathom that of her. She'd have given that man every last cent in the register, 20 cartons of smokes,and all her $400 paycheck before willingly leaving that baby.

I'm sticking to the assumption that someone took her. (Blood evidence being not willingly) And she's unable to get back home for any of numerous unnamed reasons. JMO

Please Jess even if you prove me wrong make it home. <3

TT is still with the man she ran off with, a few years later, FWIW. And people often ARE selfish. It is a characteristic of humans, IMO. But I agree, this is not one of those cases.

Still no new leads on Jessica?? The longer this goes on the least likely the outcome will be positive. Holding out hope that Jessica is alive out there somewhere and will be home shortly. She's got a little boy waiting for her.

We have moved away from this discussion a bit, but when I worked retail coming home early or earlier did not mean literally leaving work earlier or before closing time like I have seen said on here a few times. You have work to do after the store closes and that can take anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour. You also get to know your customer base. I could pretty much predict how many customers I would have when. I did copy center work and absolutely no one visits a copy center after 8 so that was when I usually started cleaning. I assumed Jessica did all she could to get that work that usually comes after a store closes done so she could leave right when the gas station closed as opposed to 15 minutes to an hour later. Therefore, she would be home earlier, but not necessarily leaving work or her scheduled shift early. She probably also knew that that late she would have very few customers, if any. I don't find that statement particularly important for that reason.

Now, the cash drawer is another case. I cannot imagine her casually stepping outside with the cash drawer out. Even when I did count down earlier I was always insanely careful about that cash drawer. I can't say 100% that Jessica was, but in my head she was either interrupted while counting or tried to bribe someone not to hurt her with that money or it was staged. I guess the first two are sort of no-brainers except for the fact that that would mean the person had to actually enter the gas station rather than just standing outside near his vehicle.

But the witness that gave this description didn't come forward right away it was a few days after correct? And why was that?

Was this witness and their vehicle seen on video? Did LE go to them?

It was my understanding that the witness - an employee of the gas station and her husband - contacted LE the following day when they learned that JH was missing.

What BDEyes said.
I'm not confident we know exactly how the witness came about or who was contacted by whom. The Chief has referred to the witness as "she". Apparently there were postings on FB, early in the case, that provided some information. As you know, we can't claim FB as a source. For instance, I've never read the Chief refer to a woman and her husband. Nor have I read where he says the witness is a coworker (but read some comments under an article by someone who claims to have been on the scene, [not sure what time they arrived,] and answered LE's questions until 1:30 a.m. on Saturday after JH disappeared). Yet, I did read where the Chief said the vehicle reminded the unidentified witness of the one belonging to her parents - that's why LE was quite sure it is a T&C minivan (based on what the witness said because she seemed sure).

Since it seems LE has waivered lately regarding opinions about the minivan and the sketch, is the reason I question if LE has lost faith in the witness account. I'm not saying they have lost faith, just that they may have.

Still, I wonder why not take the money, to make this look like a robbery. Unless it was all spontaneous and the perp never intended to kidnap her until he had somehow hurt her. Or he knew that a kidnapping along with a robbery was another level of crime.

But the money not being taken is a confusing element.

I can think of other possible scenarios as to why Jessica left the store with the cash drawer open and her purse on the counter.

One possibility is that the suspect went into the station, approached the counter, flashed a weapon and forced Jessica to move away from the counter.

Another possibility is that the suspect went into the station, looked at the merchandise in an aisle, and then was seen going into the back room and Jessica left the counter to confront the person in the back room.

Cebee also pointed out the possibility that someone could have entered the station from an unlocked back door in the back room, and the noise from the back room caused Jessica to leave the counter to check the back room.

Something transpired inside the station that night. If someone didn’t lure her away from the counter, then someone forced her away from the counter.

These are good possibilities. If she heard a big noise back there, I can see this happening. I'm curious about how the back door functions and whether or not LE could tell if it had been opened/used. Also there was an unofficial comment made by the coworker about the lights in the back not being turned on (per the rules of the gas station owner). Because, of course, that was meant to provide security. :banghead: No reason to have security cameras, just leave the outdoor lights on!

Remember when J's mom said she believes J was lured? I don't know how or why she believes that, but something out of the ordinary happening in the back, could have been the way J was lured to the back. Because, if someone had come inside, I think J would have put up a fight right then and there causing signs a struggle had taken place.

I thought the same thing. For some reason I've always felt that the abductor went North on 31 and camped up somewhere around Wolf Lake (IIRC) It's a cheap fee and borders a state forest. <That was just IMO and a Theory.

As far as leaving the Fiancee and baby behind..I say fiancee/money problems..probably. Kid? Absolutely Not.
As far as a "willing escape from reality" or just "needing a break" WOULDN'T YOU JUST SAY SO?! No one in their "right" mind just takes off..
For example:
Look at that woman that was missing for 11 years and went to Florida abandoning her husband and kids. (She just came back.) She looked like a completely different person, like she'd done all the drugs in Florida. JMO

Being a mother, and in a tight position, heck yea I'd really THINK hard about taking my kid and going elsewhere. But I don't see her leaving that baby behind, knowing how much he'd miss her.
The whole thing just breaks my heart.
If she DID take off willingly she'd have to face up to at least "abandonment charges" if the state wanted to pick it up. I don't believe the family themselves would press it if she came back willingly. But the state would have a whole lot to say about it.
(JMHO..sorry for the long rant/post)
I love you guys <3

Are you talking about Wolf Lake in Muskegon County? That is northeast of Norton Shores, and the quickest route would be to hop onto NB US31 right off Sternberg, then take Apple Avenue east to Wolf Lake. If the van was involved, it didn't take that route. My sister lives a block from Wolf Lake and I live very near Norton Shores. I almost always take US31 up to Apple Avenue, and if I had a kidnapping victim in my car that is the way I would go for sure. I'm not saying it couldn't be someone in the Wolf Lake area that took Jessica, but the camping thing...idk. Camping in April around here is not likely. And Wolf Lake campground is not secluded like a state park might be that time of year.

She did tell her husband she was coming home early.

Does anyone have the quote about her saying she would be home early?
For some reason, I got the impression she meant she would be home right after work, or that she would be ready to go at closing, not that she would leave work early.

At 57 seconds in this video is where her fiancé says that she is going to be home early or earlier and come home quick, something to that effect....

Michigan Mother Jessica Heeringa Missing Believe Abducted from North Shores Gas Station - Video - AB - YouTube

It's unclear what the bf is saying. I'm not sure why saying that J was planning to leave work at 11:30 p.m. and come straight home was too difficult for him to say. The reporter could have followed up with a question too. Circle talk or just nervous? His answer seems ambiguous to me.

Are you talking about Wolf Lake in Muskegon County? That is northeast of Norton Shores, and the quickest route would be to hop onto NB US31 right off Sternberg, then take Apple Avenue east to Wolf Lake. If the van was involved, it didn't take that route. My sister lives a block from Wolf Lake and I live very near Norton Shores. I almost always take US31 up to Apple Avenue, and if I had a kidnapping victim in my car that is the way I would go for sure. I'm not saying it couldn't be someone in the Wolf Lake area that took Jessica, but the camping thing...idk. Camping in April around here is not likely. And Wolf Lake campground is not secluded like a state park might be that time of year.

That was just a theory because I'd looked up "camp grounds" and Wolf Lake came up. Some of the reviews said that the campgrounds were for "roughing it" type camping. They commented on how beautiful and remote it was. Etc.
I was working on that theory thinking that the perp (who owns/borrows a mini-van) may have a family and didn't want to take her "home" where wife/kids/Mom would know about it. And that he would be spotted at a hotel/motel for sure. Thinking along the lines of where he could be truly alone with her and where screams and or gunshots wouldn't be noticed. Being as it was a Friday (IIRC?) she was taken; partying and camping would be common that time of year. (our State Parks are open year round in Indiana) So it seemed like a workable angle.
If Wolf Lake isn't open that time of year for camping then there's part of it out the window. JMO

Still, I wonder why not take the money, to make this look like a robbery. Unless it was all spontaneous and the perp never intended to kidnap her until he had somehow hurt her. Or he knew that a kidnapping along with a robbery was another level of crime.

But the money not being taken is a confusing element.
BBM

Jumping off your thought here cluciano.
Since about the 10th day,I started wondering if perhaps that IS what happened. Maybe his intention WAS to take the money and scram,BUT he "accidently" hurt Jessica...panic set in and he fled,taking Jess with him. Could be that she saw his face and he knew he couldnt leave her there to ID him. IDK...blah blah blah.

I wish so much that they would find her :facepalm:

Color sketch added to Heeringa case

NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WOOD) - According to the "Find Jessica Heeringa" Facebook page, organizers have raised enough money to get a color sketch of Heeringa's abductor.

The color sketch will be done by Lois Gibson who is known as the "world's most successful forensic artist." Gibson's sketches have helped police bring in more than 1,000 criminals.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/sw_mich/color-sketch-added-to-heeringa-case

This is great news the colour could really bring the sketch to life. Surely someone will know who this person is, if it is indeed a true likeness to the man in the minivan.

The Find Jessica Heeringa facebook site is doing a fantastic job!

It's unclear what the bf is saying. I'm not sure why saying that J was planning to leave work at 11:30 p.m. and come straight home was too difficult for him to say. The reporter could have followed up with a question too. Circle talk or just nervous? His answer seems ambiguous to me.

I thought that the fiancé's comments seemed odd, too. Was he suggesting that Jessica didn't always come straight home from work after her shift but that she was coming right home that particular night? I sure would like to know exactly what was said in the phone call during which JH told her fiancé that she'd be home early (right after work). If she didn't always go home immediately after her shift ended, where did she go? IIRC, fiancé mentioned something about watching a movie, so Jessica must not have been tired enough to crash as soon as she got home from work ;)

:D Rather than admit that I'm being deliberately ambiguous I'll just :couch:

www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local/muskegon_county/jessica-heeringas-son-knows-moms-at-somewhere

Heeringa's son: 'My mom's at somewhere'
Jessica Heeringa was abducted April 26

Updated: Wednesday, 12 Jun 2013, 6:01 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 12 Jun 2013, 6:01 PM EDT

By Ken Kolker
NORTON SHORES, Mich. (WOOD) - Zevyn can count to 15.

"Ten, eight, eleven," he demonstrated for 24 Hour News 8 Wednesday.

"No, count right," his dad laughed. "You know how to count, mister. Quit cheating."

The 3-year-old with big blue eyes knows his colors. And he's polite.

He also knows this much about what happened to his mom:

"My mom's at somewhere," he said. "We can't find her."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members