MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's confusing, for sure.

Dakota is Jessica's fiance, father of their little boy.

JA is the "reported boyfriend" who was at the station just before Jessica disappeared that night, and who was spotted driving past in his work vehicle the next day. He is, or was at the time, married. He was interviewed right after Jessica went missing. Treelights linked that story above.

RF is the brother of the coworker/witness, also a boyfriend of Jessica according to a news article just a week or so ago. He is the one who got an apartment, hoping Jessica would move in with him. His father was interviewed a week or 2 ago. I'm sorry I am not able to dig that up. I'm at school, supposedly preparing for finals.

This is why I (and so many others) have been so frustrated about Jessica's case. It took a YEAR for this information to come out in MSM, although it is very common knowledge locally. I don't know who thought it best to keep this stuff a secret, but I can't help but believe that the more information, the better when it comes to finding a missing person.

I understand that there have been no persons of interest announced by LE, but some of these people (in MSM interviews) have stated that they have been interviewed and cleared, but according to LE (again, in MSM articles) NOBODY has been cleared. I believe Chief Shaw said this within the past week or 2.

Please correct me if I am wrong about this, but does anyone else remember reading this very recently?

Treelights??? :seeya:

This article states:

"Police said they’re no longer focusing on the 40-year-old brother — described by his family as Jessica Heeringa’s former boyfriend — though they haven’t totally cleared anybody."

"Norton Shores Police Chief Daniel Shaw said they also are no longer focusing on the gas station owner, or Quail-Dyer — both identified early on as persons of interest."

http://woodtv.com/2014/04/02/heeringas-family-we-search-to-find-her-alive/

Also, from this link:
http://woodtv.com/2014/04/02/target-8-a-new-twist-revealed/

"But Shaw told Target 8 that detectives haven’t cleared anyone, and the former boyfriend is just one of a dozen persons of interest they’ve identified. Most of those persons of interest, he said, were known to Heeringa."

"Also among them: the gas station owner, and Heeringa’s fiancé, Dakotah Quail-Dyer, who is the father of their young son. However, Shaw said both have cooperated and neither is the focus of the investigation."

" “We can’t clear anyone at this point, until we find her and solve this case,” Shaw said. “We have to leave our options open for anyone to be involved.” "

heeringa gas station pic2 (2)Officers noted a cash drawer on top of the safe in the back room. They found the back door closed and latched, and there was a trash can in front of the door, as if JESSICA was preparing to empty the trash.

Read more at http://fox17online.com/2014/04/24/f...me-scene-photos-unveiled/#c5LB5GWCm85UOHvm.99

Hold on a sec..
Ok so, I'm taking "closed and latched" at it's literal meaning. "closed" meaning shut. "latched" meaning "shut tight"; or was it "latched" as in locked?

If it were "closed and latched" as in Shut and Locked..someone locked the door from the inside.

MOO

It could be a door that stays locked all the time. They said it doesn't have a handle on the outside so I would think it stays locked.

So Jessica could have been taken out the back door and it would still be locked once it shut. JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I do not think they were engaged; just living together

Right. Jessica didn't have an engagement ring, and there were no imminent plans for the couple to marry. They were living together for the sake of their son. I think the term "fiancé" suggests that the relationship involved more commitment than it actually did - maybe for Zevyn to feel like he had two parents.

I do not think they were engaged; just living together

"VELEZ-MITCHELL: Absolutely. Absolutely. And then did you plan to get married? "

"QUAIL-DYER: That was still up in the air. You know, we were trying to get financially set and wanted our own house before that happened. And you know, we had plans, but nothing was set in stone. But we both knew we weren`t going anywhere. So..."

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1306/14/ijvm.01.html

Does anyone know if the back door has an alarm? Looks like the door is a designated emergency exit.

Right. Jessica didn't have an engagement ring, and there were no imminent plans for the couple to marry. They were living together for the sake of their son. I think the term "fiancé" suggests that the relationship involved more commitment than it actually did - maybe for Zevyn to feel like he had two parents.

I keep going back to the one video where he was being interviewed; they said fiance; he seemed surprised by it. I think they were just living together with no plans to marry

Doors that are designated as emergency exits often have an alarm that sounds when the door is pushed open. Anyone on the premises is warned of possible fire or other danger, and the alarm alerts local authorities. Since there were no surveillance video cameras, maybe there wasn't an emergency door alarm, either :dunno:

Jessica is reportedly a friendly, helpful person. It seems like it could have been easy for someone to lure her outside.

If it was someone known to her, who knows what story they would have used. If it was a total stranger, I can still think of lots of scenerios. Even if it was a casual aquaintance, like maybe the guy she was talking to by the pump earlier that day, I can see how it could happen.

One of the things that have bothered me about this from the beginning is how everyone said she was so friendly and helpful. It's a sad, scary world where being friendly can get you kidnapped.

I should say this is IF Jessica wasn't overpowered while still inside the station. It seems more logical to me that she wasn't, if only because of the blood outside.

Jessica is reportedly a friendly, helpful person. It seems like it could have been easy for someone to lure her outside.

If it was someone known to her, who knows what story they would have used. If it was a total stranger, I can still think of lots of scenerios. Even if it was a casual aquaintance, like maybe the guy she was talking to by the pump earlier that day, I can see how it could happen.

One of the things that have bothered me about this from the beginning is how everyone said she was so friendly and helpful. It's a sad, scary world where being friendly can get you kidnapped.

I should say this is IF Jessica wasn't overpowered while still inside the station. It seems more logical to me that she wasn't, if only because of the blood outside.

Equally, if it was someone she knew, no matter how casually, she would have also had no concerns about following them outside.

So, perhaps the injury was sustained only when she was outside,and realised that she was prevented from going back inside. She may not have felt in danger up to that point.

Just MOO but with the stories of boyfriends, fiancees and married men, I'm leaning towards this being to do with her personal life.

Equally the witness who immediately jumped to the conclusion that she was stealing leads me to think it was someone she knew too. They must have had some reason to suspect she was stealing (whether justified or not), so was she involved in something that she couldn't get out of?

Coming up on a year. Nothing. Not a trace. :(
Something's gotta break...come on. :banghead:

jmo

It could be a door that stays locked all the time. They said it doesn't have a handle on the outside so I would think it stays locked.

So Jessica could have been taken out the back door and it would still be locked once it shut. JMO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Ok. It gives me a clearer picture now. But if she were to "go out back to smoke/talk/lured out there..whatever"..Why would she shut the door on herself? Wouldn't she want to be able to get back in, if it automatically locks? I mean; her purse and her drawer were by the back door..wouldn't she want to keep that in sight?

Doesn't it make sense that the door would have been propped open when the cops got there? Instead of shut and latched?

It's hinky to me..someone shut that door. Someone was obviously not worried about it either. MOO

They listed what was found inside.. her purse with money; keys; smokes & lighter. Unless she had 2 lighters; she was going to take the trash out & not smoke. IMO

imo Jessica was a single lady. Single ladies date frequently. If one were to examine the personal dating sights one could possibly find some she belonged to. also I am happy3 men have been identifed by MSM. If one looks there could be others.

imo Jessica was a single lady. Single ladies date frequently. If one were to examine the personal dating sights one could possibly find some she belonged to. also I am happy3 men have been identifed by MSM. If one looks there could be others.
RBBM
I've done research on that. When she went missing I checked craigslist. Then I checked meetme. I've been monitoring a place called "backpage"; a local listing for prostitution in the area.(trust me..don't go there.. even if it peaks your interest just a little.) I don't see any recent or old postings of jessica. If anyone else can research a bit into the dating sites, it'd be appreciated. I think my hubby would be really keen to know why I would ever join a dating site. lol JMHO

Lots of comments to the article... He was fishing at that time of the night?

Jessica Heeringa: A new twist revealed The woman who provided police with their biggest clue in the Jessica Heeringa disappearance — the description that led to the sketch of a possible suspect — has a close relationship with a person later identified as a person of interest in the case, Target 8 has learned.

They are brother and sister — and the brother, his family said, had recently dated Heeringa...

...The 25-year-old woman disappeared while working alone at night at the Exxon gas station on East Sternberg Road in Norton Shores. At the station, she left behind her purse, car, money, cigarettes — and a few drops of blood outside....

...“He told them, ‘Quit harassing me. If you’re going to charge me, charge me. If you keep harassing me, you talk to my lawyer from now on,’” the father said. “They said, ‘Well, that’s what we wanted to hear,’ and they never bothered him again.”

His family said he has an alibi — that he was fishing when Heeringa disappeared. They said police confirmed that through phone records....

They listed what was found inside.. her purse with money; keys; smokes & lighter. Unless she had 2 lighters; she was going to take the trash out & not smoke. IMO

In this article it mentions what was found, but did not mention a lighter.
Could you link the MSM article about the lighter being found? I know that there's a MSM article about a customer purchasing a lighter.

"She left behind her purse, money, cigarettes, car — and a few drops of blood outside. At home, she left behind her son, Zevyn, who lives with his dad and turned four without his mom."
http://woodtv.com/2014/04/02/heeringas-family-we-search-to-find-her-alive/

Lots of comments to the article... He was fishing at that time of the night?

Jessica Heeringa: A new twist revealed The woman who provided police with their biggest clue in the Jessica Heeringa disappearance — the description that led to the sketch of a possible suspect — has a close relationship with a person later identified as a person of interest in the case, Target 8 has learned.

They are brother and sister — and the brother, his family said, had recently dated Heeringa...

...The 25-year-old woman disappeared while working alone at night at the Exxon gas station on East Sternberg Road in Norton Shores. At the station, she left behind her purse, car, money, cigarettes — and a few drops of blood outside....

...“He told them, ‘Quit harassing me. If you’re going to charge me, charge me. If you keep harassing me, you talk to my lawyer from now on,’” the father said. “They said, ‘Well, that’s what we wanted to hear,’ and they never bothered him again.”

His family said he has an alibi — that he was fishing when Heeringa disappeared. They said police confirmed that through phone records....

I also have a bunch of questions. Like; "are the police now going to get a warrant for him to take another poly?" because that's what they do. When they hear that they've "lawyered up" they'll come down with warrants. They'll be "bothering him" again..I'm sure. JMHO

Plus, I'm sure no one thought of the guy possibly leaving his cell with his parents or him trading phones with them, right? ::sigh:: JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman