MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed that my post #570 is newly-quoted on Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook.

Very true, that smoking near pumps is a hazard.
But on that note, seeing as the money was already counted down a half hour ahead of time, then either rules are relaxed at the station, or not adhered to... or maybe Jessica was leaving at 11PM and she was going to have someone fill in the last half hour for her??
If rules were not adhered to, I would think there could be smokers that might smoke near the building but not near the pumps, but perhaps not near the back door either.
Adhering to one rule about smoking only in the back and then counting the money half an hour early, is not congruent to me....Maybe that Is how they roll, but all the retail jobs I had, I could not count the money a half hour early, and I am not a smoker, so I don't know about smoking rules, except about not smoking in close proximity of pumps, that I do know.
IMOO.

In the phone conversation between Dakotah and Jessica that night, Jessica indicated that she thought that she'd be home early. It's never been made clear what was meant about her comment. Was she going to close and leave early? Or, was she getting organized early so that she could leave promptly at11:30PM?

Just noticed that my post #570 is newly-quoted on Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook.

Looks like we'll have a few new members soon. Maybe even a VI come over perhaps? I know it's just wishful thinking..OTOH, the heat is turning UP UP UP. C'mon case, break already. JMO

With the pieces starting to fit and even some that don't..We'll have our answers soon. MOO

April 24, 2014 at 7:05 am

Police make new appeal for tips in abduction case at western Michigan gas station
Associated Press

Norton Shores — Police investigating the disappearance of a mother from her job at a western Michigan gas station nearly a year ago are issuing a fresh appeal for tips in the case.

Norton Shores police Chief Dan Shaw issued a statement Thursday on the search for Jessica Heeringa, saying efforts to find her continue...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140424/METRO06/304240058#ixzz2zoy3ejeK

There was a brief report on Jessica on the WDIV noon news. I will post update when it's available.

I'm confused... is the 'reported boyfriend' her fiance'? or are they saying she had a boyfriend as well and her fiance'? or is this an ex? or 3 different people?

It's confusing, for sure.

Dakota is Jessica's fiance, father of their little boy.

JA is the "reported boyfriend" who was at the station just before Jessica disappeared that night, and who was spotted driving past in his work vehicle the next day. He is, or was at the time, married. He was interviewed right after Jessica went missing. Treelights linked that story above.

RF is the brother of the coworker/witness, also a boyfriend of Jessica according to a news article just a week or so ago. He is the one who got an apartment, hoping Jessica would move in with him. His father was interviewed a week or 2 ago. I'm sorry I am not able to dig that up. I'm at school, supposedly preparing for finals.

This is why I (and so many others) have been so frustrated about Jessica's case. It took a YEAR for this information to come out in MSM, although it is very common knowledge locally. I don't know who thought it best to keep this stuff a secret, but I can't help but believe that the more information, the better when it comes to finding a missing person.

I understand that there have been no persons of interest announced by LE, but some of these people (in MSM interviews) have stated that they have been interviewed and cleared, but according to LE (again, in MSM articles) NOBODY has been cleared. I believe Chief Shaw said this within the past week or 2.

Please correct me if I am wrong about this, but does anyone else remember reading this very recently?

Treelights??? :seeya:

Very true, that smoking near pumps is a hazard.
But on that note, seeing as the money was already counted down a half hour ahead of time, then either rules are relaxed at the station, or not adhered to... or maybe Jessica was leaving at 11PM and she was going to have someone fill in the last half hour for her??
If rules were not adhered to, I would think there could be smokers that might smoke near the building but not near the pumps, but perhaps not near the back door either.
Adhering to one rule about smoking only in the back and then counting the money half an hour early, is not congruent to me....Maybe that Is how they roll, but all the retail jobs I had, I could not count the money a half hour early, and I am not a smoker, so I don't know about smoking rules, except about not smoking in close proximity of pumps, that I do know.
IMOO.

When I worked for an actual gas station like let's say Kwik trip there would be no way I'd get away with that or when I've worked at bars like tif nope no way I'd get away with that.

But the times I've worked for privately owned place we could pretty much do what we wanted as long as our money added up and we had no complaints and our jobs were fully done.
I get the impression this was the kind of place you could get away with a little more as long as your job was done.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

The FB group is still up although no one uses it much. If anyone is interested; PM.
My biggest question is why do we not see the motorcycles in the van video?

The FB group is still up although no one uses it much. If anyone is interested; PM.

I thought about that too. If the surveillance videos are only a "few miles up the road" why is there no motorcycle in them?

The "logic" of the way the story is coming out..doesn't make sense. I wish LE would "weed through it" for us. JMO

This is how far you can go.

As Imamaze has said - the witnesses are not POIs/suspects and they can't be talked about in that manner. You can discuss what was reported in MSM, you can compare and contrast MSM info and point out where things don't line up, but you cannot accuse or insinuate that a non-named person is a POI/suspect/perp.

Hope that helps and if you have any questions, please contact a mod.

Salem

Thanks for clearing that up and I'm sorry because I know I'm prob guilty of breaking so.e rules with out realizing it.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Police make new appeal for tips in 2013 disappearance of Michigan gas station worker

Jessica Heeringa disappeared April 26, 2013, in Norton Shores

Published On: Apr 24 2014 09:20:27 AM EDT

NORTON SHORES, Mich. -
Police investigating the disappearance of a mother from her job at a western Michigan gas station nearly a year ago are issuing a fresh appeal for tips in the case.

Norton Shores police Chief Dan Shaw issued a statement Thursday on the search for Jessica Heeringa, saying efforts to find her continue. He says they haven't been able to find Heeringa or her abductor despite a year of "intensive investigation" by 15 local, state and federal agencies...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...rance-of-michigan-gas-station-worker/25634858

Strange to say the least.
to me it was an excuse as to why they were there in the first place

Or someone needed help to keep a lookout.
Just find it really odd to go out of your way to be discreet and watch an employee you believe is stealing, but not follow up on it soon after.

Also just to add, I know some friends that are bikers and I've never heard of them going riding at night. I mean they go out with them at night but not just for the drive itself.

http://fox17online.com/2014/04/24/f...nd-crime-scene-photos-unveiled/#axzz2zmQNLamI

"11:00 pm (approx.): An Exxon manager and her husband were riding their motorcycles eastbound on Sternberg Road when she saw a silver minivan slowly enter the north drive of the Exxon station from the service drive of the Points Mall."

"The van turned northbound on Grand Haven Road while the manager and her husband turned southbound on Grand Haven Road and went home."

"11:02 pm: Surveillance video from inside of a closed store in the Points Mall captured a silver minivan turning northbound onto Grand Haven Road."

Read more: http://fox17online.com/2014/04/24/f...nd-crime-scene-photos-unveiled/#ixzz2zp3U0j7j

The witnesses said they turned left (South) onto Grand Haven Road, while the van turned right (North). If that is true, you wouldn't see the motorcycles in the 2 cameras we originally knew about. However, this newest batch of articles states that there is a 3rd camera from a store in the strip mall adjacent to Exxon. I would think that camera would have shown the motorcyles and the van. We haven't seen that footage, though.

Anyone besides me find it confusing that the pictures show a trash can in front of the back door... how did they get her OUT without moving the trash can?? That just does not add up for me... unless she were already out back when she was abducted?

Im glad new info is coming out... even just to get more interest back in the case. It went cold so fast...

I've went out on a motorcycle at night. But mostly we had a destination. There wasn't a point where we were like "Hey lets just drive around.." Because #1: Couldn't afford the gas. #2. Nothing really to see at night unless you're going to a park or a store. (There's a nice little park by my house that's well lit with a stream running through it. It's peaceful at night.)
But I guess it's another "loose end", but also nothing significant. Unless, If their destination WAS to watch Jessica work..
But I think they might have been on their way back from somewhere and just swung by the store. I don't think they would have suited up, helmets and all; JUST to check on Jessica. That's almost a bit absurd..possible..but unlikely IMHO

It's confusing, for sure.

Dakota is Jessica's fiance, father of their little boy.

I've previously posted the link to the HLN transcript of Dakotah's interview early in the case. From what I gathered, Jessica and Dakotah had reconnected after being apart for some time during which Jess might have dated other people. It sounded like they were trying to reestablish a relationship for the sake of their son, Zevyn. Listening to Dakotah, there was no real commitment for the couple to marry any time in the foreseeable future even though they were living together. At the time, Dakota was unemployed and watched Zevyn while Jessica worked at the Exxon station.

heeringa gas station pic2 (2)Officers noted a cash drawer on top of the safe in the back room. They found the back door closed and latched, and there was a trash can in front of the door, as if JESSICA was preparing to empty the trash.

Read more at http://fox17online.com/2014/04/24/f...me-scene-photos-unveiled/#c5LB5GWCm85UOHvm.99

Hold on a sec..
Ok so, I'm taking "closed and latched" at it's literal meaning. "closed" meaning shut. "latched" meaning "shut tight"; or was it "latched" as in locked?

If it were "closed and latched" as in Shut and Locked..someone locked the door from the inside.

MOO

I've previously posted the link to the HLN transcript of Dakotah's interview in the case. From what I gathered, Jessica and Dakotah had reconnected after being apart for some time during which Jess might have dated other people. It sounded like they were trying to reestablish a relationship for the sake of their son, Zevyn. Listening to Dakotah, there was no real commitment for the couple to marry any time in the foreseeable future even though they were living together. At the time, Dakota was unemployed and watched Zevyn while Jessica worked at the Exxon station.

I do not think they were engaged; just living together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member