MI MI - Jessica Heeringa, 25, Norton Shores, 26 April 2013 #9 (J. Willis GUILTY)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping for Jessica I hope and pray the police make a breakthrough and find where you are. You will not be forgotten.

This is the latest news on Willis, nothing concerning Jessica, however the last comment of the article-- --

"Also found in the shed, tucked in a roof overhang was a plastic Ziploc bag with unknown colored clothing wrapped in tin foil"---
makes me wonder who?????

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2016/07/willis_had_list_of_womens_name.html

Did Jessica wear a uniform at the gas station? I'm just wondering if her clothing would be instantly recognisable. I just wish this monster would talk I hope and pray someone can get through to him.

New article new info

"The reports from Michigan State Police, obtained Thursday through the Freedom of Information Act, are heavily redacted. However, they reveal some new details about the investigation into Heeringa’s April 26, 2013 disappearance from the Norton Shores gas station where she worked.

Among them is a tip from a store cashier that she thought Heeringa may have had a stalker. In the tip labeled No. 440, a cashier from Kmart on Apple Avenue reported she had seen a man with Heeringa at the store in February 2013 and Heeringa later said he was one of her customers from the gas station. Police had hoped to find the man’s image on store surveillance video, but it had already been erased by the time the tip came in."

http://woodtv.com/2016/07/21/msp-reports-say-store-clerk-worried-jessica-heeringa-had-stalker/

New article new info

"The reports from Michigan State Police, obtained Thursday through the Freedom of Information Act, are heavily redacted. However, they reveal some new details about the investigation into Heeringa’s April 26, 2013 disappearance from the Norton Shores gas station where she worked.

Among them is a tip from a store cashier that she thought Heeringa may have had a stalker. In the tip labeled No. 440, a cashier from Kmart on Apple Avenue reported she had seen a man with Heeringa at the store in February 2013 and Heeringa later said he was one of her customers from the gas station. Police had hoped to find the man’s image on store surveillance video, but it had already been erased by the time the tip came in."

http://woodtv.com/2016/07/21/msp-reports-say-store-clerk-worried-jessica-heeringa-had-stalker/

(Marking my spot. Have several comments on this. Battery out.)

Name in his victim file dosent sound very good :(
DL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facebook update from Jessica's mom Shelley on the Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook Page

Hi Everyone, This is Jes's mom, Shelly Heeringa, haven't been on the page this has been yet another heartbreaking event. To give everyone an update, I spoke to Det. Kasher last week and so far there is no connection with my daughter and the Willis case, no DNA, no articles of clothing, no Jes, nothing. I want everyone to know that just because he stopped in at the gas station doesn't mean he did it, these women and men who are clerks have hundreds of people stop every day that they do not know, thats why we tried to put a law in place to help protect them. JMO: Its not him. I not going to debate this with anyone, in fact, I'm writing this and getting off FB. For everyone who has nothing but prayers and the best for my family Thank you, and for the trolls give it your best shot, because you are nothing and I will continue to look to find my daughter alive. I love you, Jes and everyone can give up, but your mom never will

https://www.facebook.com/FindJessic...if_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1469392671232210

Bump for Jessica and prayers for Shelley and family... I'm at a loss for words with this case

Facebook update from Jessica's mom Shelley on the Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook Page

Hi Everyone, This is Jes's mom, Shelly Heeringa, haven't been on the page this has been yet another heartbreaking event. To give everyone an update, I spoke to Det. Kasher last week and so far there is no connection with my daughter and the Willis case, no DNA, no articles of clothing, no Jes, nothing. I want everyone to know that just because he stopped in at the gas station doesn't mean he did it, these women and men who are clerks have hundreds of people stop every day that they do not know, thats why we tried to put a law in place to help protect them. JMO: Its not him. I not going to debate this with anyone, in fact, I'm writing this and getting off FB. For everyone who has nothing but prayers and the best for my family Thank you, and for the trolls give it your best shot, because you are nothing and I will continue to look to find my daughter alive. I love you, Jes and everyone can give up, but your mom never will

https://www.facebook.com/FindJessic...notif_t=notify_me_page¬if_id=1469392671232210

Additional/Followup to the post above - also from Shelley on the Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook Page:

"I guess I have to explain myself regarding my comment about trolls, I'm not talking about anyone who has made comments regarding Willis and believeing he is the one who abducted my daughter, I'm talking about the people who come in here just to start trouble and its usually aimed at my family, you want to call my statement aggressive go ahead because I love all of my family and I will defend them and exspecially my daughter to the end, I have raised three kind, articulate, beautiful daughters, people who have followed this page has seen the mean and cruel comments coming out of the mouths of ignorant people, I don't have any problems with people theories on this case and yes I have alot of anger, hurt, frustration. My daughter, Jessica is a victim and anyone who really knew her knows what a kind and generous person she is, she would of helped anyone who needed it if she could and she does not deserve to be bashed on her own page, I made that post because of people asking for updates, and because of giving my opinion what i thought about wether Willis had something to do with it or not, I was just trying to beat the trolls to the punch line, had nothing to due with any of the posts under the Willis's articles. You don't think I don't know most people believe my daughter has passed many have said so on this page, but I will fight to the end against anyone who wants to bash anyone of my daughters or my family and if anyone doesn't like it feel free to leave the page, I can't tell how many times I wanted to come on this page and bash people, but what stops me is there are far more people who deserve praise and hugs, and have selflessly spent time looking for my daughter, handing out flyers, keeping my daughter in their prayers and hearts. You don't know what if feels like to have LE call and tell you to prepare yourself for the the worst, I couldn't even talk to my mom and tell her that, I can't even explain the feeling I get when I look into my grandsons eyes and see my daughter, and pray the one thing I could give him is his mom back to him or what if feels like when I leave from visiting him and he says: "Grandma, I love you and you will never lose me". One other thing you might think about is who do you think besides LE knows more than anyone about my daughters case? Willis is a Person of Interests in my daughters case along with how many others?"

https://www.facebook.com/FindJessicaHeeringa/posts/386018131522655?notif_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1469392671232210

Additional/Followup to the post above - also from Shelley on the Find Jessica Heeringa Facebook Page:

"I guess I have to explain myself regarding my comment about trolls, I'm not talking about anyone who has made comments regarding Willis and believeing he is the one who abducted my daughter, I'm talking about the people who come in here just to start trouble and its usually aimed at my family, you want to call my statement aggressive go ahead because I love all of my family and I will defend them and exspecially my daughter to the end, I have raised three kind, articulate, beautiful daughters, people who have followed this page has seen the mean and cruel comments coming out of the mouths of ignorant people, I don't have any problems with people theories on this case and yes I have alot of anger, hurt, frustration. My daughter, Jessica is a victim and anyone who really knew her knows what a kind and generous person she is, she would of helped anyone who needed it if she could and she does not deserve to be bashed on her own page, I made that post because of people asking for updates, and because of giving my opinion what i thought about wether Willis had something to do with it or not, I was just trying to beat the trolls to the punch line, had nothing to due with any of the posts under the Willis's articles. You don't think I don't know most people believe my daughter has passed many have said so on this page, but I will fight to the end against anyone who wants to bash anyone of my daughters or my family and if anyone doesn't like it feel free to leave the page, I can't tell how many times I wanted to come on this page and bash people, but what stops me is there are far more people who deserve praise and hugs, and have selflessly spent time looking for my daughter, handing out flyers, keeping my daughter in their prayers and hearts. You don't know what if feels like to have LE call and tell you to prepare yourself for the the worst, I couldn't even talk to my mom and tell her that, I can't even explain the feeling I get when I look into my grandsons eyes and see my daughter, and pray the one thing I could give him is his mom back to him or what if feels like when I leave from visiting him and he says: "Grandma, I love you and you will never lose me". One other thing you might think about is who do you think besides LE knows more than anyone about my daughters case? Willis is a Person of Interests in my daughters case along with how many others?"

https://www.facebook.com/FindJessicaHeeringa/posts/386018131522655?notif_t=notify_me_page&notif_id=1469392671232210

Thanks for posting. It is terrible the Heeringa family are having all these problems on Facebook they have enough to deal with. None of it helps find or remember Jessica which is the priority. I hope and pray the police catch a break in Jessica's case confirming definitively whether Willis is involved or not.

Thanks for posting. It is terrible the Heeringa family are having all these problems on Facebook they have enough to deal with. None of it helps find or remember Jessica which is the priority. I hope and pray the police catch a break in Jessica's case confirming definitively whether Willis is involved or not.

I can't imagine how she and her family feels. Of course there is hope, after all the Ohio girls were found alive.

Having said that, I personally feel he is responsible because LE wouldn't name him in the beginning, then found stuff on his computer, said POI. I just think they have nothing more then pics from his computer. I pray I'm wrong especially for her sons sake.

I would like to know if i got the wrong idea after seeing the Disappeared episode or what ...It seems to me that the owners of the store thinking something was weird and going by the show on I.D. Why the heck didn't they get the licens plate number of that grey van it certainly seems like they were dam close enough to do so and they stated pulling up to the lot they were suspicious of this guy closing the back door so if your that close take down the darn plate number,,I just don;t get it ..

I would like to know if i got the wrong idea after seeing the Disappeared episode or what ...It seems to me that the owners of the store thinking something was weird and going by the show on I.D. Why the heck didn't they get the licens plate number of that grey van it certainly seems like they were dam close enough to do so and they stated pulling up to the lot they were suspicious of this guy closing the back door so if your that close take down the darn plate number,,I just don;t get it ..

Do a search for fastfreddies posts, one of his 1st posts was about this. IMO if they were close enough they could have gotten hypnotized to recall it. I doubt they were that close, wonder if they even saw what he looked like. If anything she recognized the van and gave description that way.

Right . Suspicious enough they stop but don't even check on her or call Police ? Something off there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right . Suspicious enough they stop but don't even check on her or call Police ? Something off there .
I don't think they thought that anything was wrong with Jessica, I think they thought she was helping someone steal from the station. They really didn't have proof of anything to call police but they thought something had gone on.

I don't think they thought that anything was wrong with Jessica, I think they thought she was helping someone steal from the station. They really didn't have proof of anything to call police but they thought something had gone on.

Now, if it was me stealing, I would have everything ready out back for a friend to stop real quick, throw in their car and split. This is exactly how it would have looked like to me had I been a manager. Fastfreddie has also said the same thing, he worked at convenience stores.

If you want to read thru his posts, you want to start at post #9, I quoted fastfreddy in post 13 which contains a bunch of his thoughts, read till post 16; then post 40, then post 44, then see post 88 where I have a photo, someone local gave input on the traffic light, post 94 has a left turn photo, post 97 more map photos

Post 9
Exxon map link in case someone wants to try to map it.

Here’s the timeline, released by the Norton Shores Police Department:

April 26, 2013:
2:44 p.m.: Heeringa purchased groceries at Aldi, 2715 Henry St.
4:35 p.m.: Heeringa begins her shift at the Exxon store. She was aware the store did not have video cameras, as she had advised customers of this and the fact she was working alone. She was not worried about the lack of cameras. It was not uncommon for Heeringa to prop open the rear door and turn off the store’s rear security light so she could smoke cigarettes behind the store or allow friends to enter via the rear door, according to police.
7:30 – 8:15 p.m.: A man who told police he was Heeringa's boyfriend at the time (*Not to be confused with her fiance, Dakotah Quail-Dyer) arrived at the Exxon station in a work vehicle, a silver full-size van. The two reportedly had a discussion regarding their alleged relationship.
A customer advised that Heeringa appeared to be upset after the conversation with the male subject.
7:40 – 8:50 p.m.: A female friend entered the store through the front door to visit Heeringa. Nothing suspicious was noticed at that time.
Both the female friend and a male customer observed a bluish silver van pull up to Heeringa while she was changing the receipt paper in one of the pumps. It appeared that the male driver and Heeringa were having a friendly conversation.
10:55 p.m.: A female customer entered the store and purchased a lighter. She advised that Heeringa was alone in the store and did not appear to be nervous or distressed. The customer did not see anyone in the store or in the parking lot.
11 p.m.: An Exxon manager and her husband were riding their motorcycles eastbound on Sternberg Road.
She saw a silver minivan slowly enter the north drive of the Exxon station from the service drive of the Pointes Mall.
The van drove behind the Exxon station, did a u-turn and extinguished its headlights as it pulled behind the store facing west.
The manager suspected Heeringa may be in the process of stealing from Exxon, so she turned around on Harvey Street to return to the store.
The manager and her husband drove to the Pointes Mall, west of the Exxon station, and parked in the lot with a view of the north and west sides of the Exxon station. The minivan was parked on the north side of the Exxon station.
There were no other vehicles in the lot except for Heeringa's.
The manager saw a figure standing at the rear of the van and noticed the van’s rear hatch was open. The figure shut the rear hatch and quickly opened it again. It appeared as though the figure was adjusting something in the rear of the van, and then closed the hatch again. She noted that the person's head was just above the roof of the van.
The person then walked to the driver’s door, got into the van and began driving westbound on the service drive.
The manager said the store’s rear security light was not on and the store’s rear door did not open at any time. She never saw a struggle or heard anyone yell for help. She did not see Heeringa outside of the store.
As the van drove closer to their location in the parking lot, the manager and her husband started their motorcycles and pulled up to the service drive. As the van passed, she looked at the driver, a male subject wearing a red or orange sweatshirt. Her husband stated that he did not see the subject well, but did see that he had “crazy” or wavy hair. Neither of them saw Heeringa or anyone else in the van.
The manager and her husband pulled onto the service drive and followed the van until it stopped at Grand Haven Road. The manager’s husband stated that he was positive the van was a Chrysler Town and Country van, silver in color, as it was the same type a relative owned (Note: This vehicle was located and was in Traverse City at the time of the abduction). He clearly remembered the Town and Country logo on the rear hatch door. Neither obtained the license plate number, as they had no reason to believe a crime had occurred.
The van turned northbound on Grand Haven Road, while the manager and her husband turned southbound on Grand Haven Road and went home.
11:02 p.m: Surveillance video from inside of a closed store in the Pointes Mall captured a silver minivan turning northbound onto Grand Haven Road.
11:03 p.m: Surveillance video from the Homestead Tavern captured a silver minivan driving northbound on Grand Haven Road.
11:05 p.m: Surveillance video from the Coin Zone captured a silver minivan driving northbound on Grand Haven Road.
11:10 p.m: A male customer arrived at the gas station, pulled up to the pump and attempted to purchase gasoline. He was unable to do so as the pump would not activate. When the pump did not activate, he entered the store believing that the clerk may have been in the back room and not aware of his presence at the pump. He was unable to locate Heeringa. Upon exiting the store, he spoke with a female customer and called 911.
11:15 p.m.: Patrol units are dispatched to Exxon, 1196 E Sternberg Road, Norton Shores, regarding a suspicious situation.
11:25 p.m.: The first officer arrives and begins investigation. Officers searched the store but did not locate Heeringa. Officers located Heeringa's purse and jacket in the back room. The purse contained $420 in cash. Officers noted that nothing inside the store indicated a struggle. There was nothing that appeared to be disturbed. Officers exited the rear door and noted that the door did not have a handle on the outside.
Officers located items of possible evidence outside the rear door, including what appeared to be a 2-inch by 3-inch blood stain on the concrete, later determined to be Heeringa's. Officers photographed the interior and exterior of the store and evidence items prior to collection. Officers collected a sample of the possible blood stain and packaged the other evidence items.
11.38 p.m.: Exxon owner was contacted regarding the open store. He in turn contacted the day-shift manager to respond as she lives closer to the store.
11:50 p.m.: The day-shift manager arrives at the Exxon station and provides officers with her observations of the silver minivan and its driver.
The manager advised that the cash drawer was “counted down” for the next shift, indicating Heeringa was preparing to close the store. While talking to officers, the manager observed the man claiming to be Heeringa's boyfriend drive past the store in a work vehicle. He was contacted to come to the Exxon station and was questioned by officers.
12:38 a.m.: A K-9 team requested to search area. A search of the area north and east of the store was conducted with no results.

Post 13

What has always struck me about this case is the precise timing in which the abductor committed the crime. If the timeline is to be believed, the van pulled in at exactly the right time when no one was there. And left before another customer showed up at the store. Plus, this wasn't a store in some little sleepy town on a two-lane road. It was a convenience store that sells gas next to a highway and sits on a major 4-lane thoroughfare. I understand there are some statements saying the van was seen in the vicinity in the half hour prior to 11pm that night. But even if a criminal watches a store for a half hour, an hour or an entire day, he can't predict when customers are going to pull in.

In addition, in a prior century I worked for a convenience store chain as a manager and everything else, when I read Jessica's drawer was counted down and it was nowhere close to closing time--along with the fact she allowed friends to come in the back door!--I'm wondering how she was even working at this store. I mean, those can't be any bigger signs of theft outside of people seeing her carry non-paid-for items out the front door. Maybe the owner felt sorry for her since she was a single mother, etc., and hey, it's his biz not mine, and I'm not trying to be critical of Jessica here but . . .

Having worked for a convenience store chain for about 10 months, owners and corporations don't take too kindly to workers stealing from them. But I'm reminded of a situation my brother found himself in several years ago. Shoe salesman, a good one. Worked for a couple different shoe companies that were absolutely anal about money, the shoes they ordered, sending defective shoes back, etc. Then he moves the whole way across the country, gets a shoe sales job in the new city, and this business does things the exact opposite--loosey-goosey with everything, money just bleeding out of the business. Well, he eventually figured out the owners weren't in the shoe business . . . they were in "another" business, if you know what I mean. And they eventually got caught, luckily my brother quit before then.

One more thing about the above: I got to know many store owners in my short time in that career. They took their employees very seriously and every one of them had a story of an employee being assaulted, stuck up, and in a couple cases murdered in their stores . . . and if they had been called about an employee missing, they wouldn't have told the manager to check it out, they would've done it themselves . . . because the owners are ultimately responsible for the health and welfare of their employees, not the manager. Just sayin'. But for the record, I didn't work for the same chain involved in this crime.

If the timeline is to be believed, and if the manager is to be believed, I'm guessing that Jessica was stuffed into that minivan in those precious minutes between roughly 11pm and 11:10pm. What strikes me odd about that is the manager and her husband were riding motorcycles. Motorcycles are loud and it's not much of a distance between the mall parking lot and the back of the store. And according to the manager, when they pulled their motorcycles into the parking lot the guy at the back of the store was facing them even though he was on the far side of the van. So, he most likely heard the cycles, most likely saw the motorcycles with their headlights on, but the possible perpetrator didn't seem bothered at all. Instead, not only does he drive calmly out of the convenience store parking lot, he drives right by two people sitting on motorcycles in plain sight who could've seen him commit the crime and, at the very least, could get a good description of him. I'll admit: I don't know what to make of that. Was he really that oblivious? Did he know he was seen and drove slowly in an effort to make himself look inconspicuous? I mean, he didn't even freak out when the two motorcycles pulled out and followed him to the mall exit--according to the manager. Interesting . . .

Good read by fasteddy8170 post. Thanks for bringing it forward.

Snipped by me: (post 13 From fasteddy8170)

"So, he most likely heard the cycles, most likely saw the motorcycles with their headlights on, but the possible perpetrator didn't seem bothered at all. Instead, not only does he drive calmly out of the convenience store parking lot, he drives right by two people sitting on motorcycles in plain sight who could've seen him commit the crime and, at the very least, could get a good description of him. I'll admit: I don't know what to make of that. Was he really that oblivious? Did he know he was seen and drove slowly in an effort to make himself look inconspicuous? I mean, he didn't even freak out when the two motorcycles pulled out and followed him to the mall exit--according to the manager. Interesting . . ."
My thoughts:
Now thinking about this with today's knowledge, that is exactly how a serial killer would do it. Drive calmly away, don't draw attention. He does not want to get caught with a drugged or injured young woman in his van.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smfranklin96