GUILTY MI - Jessica White, 21, Troy, 23 April 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hmm, you'd think they'd have a mental evaluation already by now.. Something seems hinky here.. From the very beginning I kind of felt there might be something deeper going on that had to do with the dad... JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The evaluation may have indicated a serious problem that required immediate attention? I have been wondering about that. Early 20's is when schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder are often first diagnosed; JM had a known drug problem; and untreated mental illness along with substance abuse dramatically increases the possibility of violent crime. If that is the case, things just became even more tragic for everyone.

I am also bothered about the inconsistencies in this case, the changing stories given to police, etc. I find it hard to believe the police would let blatant and publicized lies slide. Unless something bigger was coming, they were waiting on evidence, etc.

JMO

Hazel Park man charged in Troy woman's murder ruled competent to stand trial

By Mike McConnell, The Daily Tribune

Posted: 07/29/16, 3:02 PM EDT

A Hazel Park man accused of murdering a Troy woman and hiding her body in the attic of his home was found competent to stand trial Friday.

Jordan McClanahan, 23, is charged with strangling Jessica White, 21, with a belt and cutting off her fingertips April 23.

Hazel Park 43rd District Judge Charles Goedert back in May granted a request by defense attorney Raymond Correll to have McClanahan examined and tested by doctors at the state Center for Forensic Psychiatry in Ypsilanti for mental competency and criminal responsibility.

McClanahan stood quietly next to his attorney in court Friday as Goedert accepted the psychiatric report into the record and ruled the suspect was mentally competent to stand trial...

http://www.dailytribune.com/general...-womans-murder-ruled-competent-to-stand-trial

LIVE: Hazel Park man in court for preliminary hearing in death of Jessica White

Body was found in Jordan McClanahan's attic

By John Steckroth - Digital news editor

Posted: 8:20 AM, August 26, 2016
Updated: 9:24 AM, August 26, 2016

HAZEL PARK, Mich. - A Hazel Park man is in court Friday for a preliminary hearing for the murder of a 21-year-old woman found wrapped and hidden in the attic of his home.

Jordan McClanahan, 23, is charged with first-degree murder after police said he “implicated himself” in Jessica Leigh White’s death. He allegedly told them where they could find her body.

An autopsy determined White’s death was a homicide and the cause was “strangulation by ligature.” The autopsy also showed her body was violated physically and sexually after she was killed. McClanahan also faces a desecration of a body charge...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...preliminary-hearing-in-death-of-jessica-white

Preliminary exam underway for Hazel Park man charged in strangling death of friend

By John Turk, The Oakland Press

Posted: 08/26/16, 8:52 AM EDT | Updated: 15 secs ago

A Hazel Park man charged with murdering his friend and hiding her body in his attic could learn whether his case goes to trial following a preliminary exam underway today in district court...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...ark-man-charged-in-strangling-death-of-friend

Hazel Park man bound over for trial in murder of Jessica White

Body was found in Jordan McClanahan's attic

By John Steckroth - Digital news editor

Posted: 8:20 AM, August 26, 2016
Updated: 11:44 AM, August 26, 2016

HAZEL PARK, Mich. - A Hazel Park man was in court Friday for a preliminary hearing for the murder of a 21-year-old woman found wrapped and hidden in the attic of his home...

McClanahan was bound over for trial...

3 witnesses take stand at preliminary hearing

Dr. Ljubisa Jovan Dragovic, the medical examiner, was the first to take the stand and describe his findings in the autopsy. He described the state of White’s body as it was found.

Dragovic described the ligature marks on the neck and said there was post-mortem mutilation of the finger tips on both hands...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...preliminary-hearing-in-death-of-jessica-white

Hazel Park man set for trial in murder, mutilation case

Holly Fournier, The Detroit News 12:46 p.m. EDT August 26, 2016

A Hazel Park man was bound over for trial Friday on murder and mutilation charges in the death of a woman found in his attic with her fingers severed, according to court officials.

Jordan McClanahan, 24, of Hazel Park is charged with first-degree felony murder and mutilation of a body in the death of 21-year-old Jessica White, found May 3 in the attic of McClanahan’s home on East Woodward Heights in Hazel Park.

He appeared Friday in Hazel Park before Judge Charles Goedert, court officials said. He is being held without bail pending his next appearance Sept. 6 in Oakland County Circuit Court before Judge Leo Bowman...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2016/08/26/mcclanahan-hearing/89410952/

Didn't he have a hearing not that long ago? Anyone know what happened??

The following information comes from the Oakland County Court Explorer (https://courtexplorer.oakgov.com/OaklandCounty):

JM was arraigned in Oakland County District Court on September 6. A pre-trial conference was held (today) October 14. A trial date of February 6, 2017 has been scheduled, with additional hearings scheduled Jan 10-11, 2017.

Hazel Park man found guilty in murder of childhood friend he hid in attic
Jordan McClanahan accused of killing Jessica White

By John Steckroth - Editor

Posted: 2:58 PM, February 10, 2017
Updated: 3:17 PM, February 10, 2017

HAZEL PARK, Mich. - A Hazel Park man was found guilty Friday afternoon of killing a 21-year-old Troy woman and hiding her body in his Hazel Park attic.*

Jordan McClanahan was arrested in May after police said he "implicated himself" in Jessica White's death, and told them where they could find her body.

The 23-year-old man was found guilty of first-degree murder and desecration of a body charges. He was bound over to trial in August...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...in-murder-of-childhood-friend-he-hid-in-attic

Testimony: Hazel Park man charged with murder, mutilation told father, ‘I think I did something bad’

By John Turk, The Oakland Press
Posted: 02/07/17, 1:44 PM EST | Updated: 12 hrs ago

Troy resident Karen White had a nightmare she was being choked the morning after her daughter was strangled to death, she testified in the murder trial involving the Hazel Park man charged in the murder and mutilation of Jessica White.

It seems an eerie coincidence now, but Karen White didn’t know her 21-year-old daughter was killed in the morning hours of April 23 last year. In fact, she held out hope after her daughter’s then-believed disappearance, searching in burned out buildings in Detroit and having family and friends searching “at every hour of the night.”

That hope ended when she learned that an ambulance had been called to Jessica’s friend’s home — the friend now charged in her murder...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...ation-told-father-i-think-i-did-something-bad

Family friend gets life plus 10 in murder of Troy woman

Mike Martindale, The Detroit News 5:11 p.m. ET March 8, 2017

Pontiac — A man convicted of the 2016 gruesome killing and mutilation of a 21-year-old Troy woman was cursed as a deceptive “monster” who deserved to “rot in hell” Wednesday by the victim’s mother in Oakland Circuit Court.

Karen White made the remarks in an emotional impact statement before Judge Leo Bowman. The judge sentenced Jordan McClanahan, 24, for the death of Jessica White, found last May in the attic rafters of McClanahan’s Hazel Park home after an extensive search by the woman’s family and friends...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...nd-gets-life-plus-murder-troy-woman/98920826/

Jordan McClanahan’s appeal was scheduled to be heard today before the Michigan Court of Appeals. I can’t link to the database record but you can search here:
Case Search
Inmates do not usually attend these proceedings, which are usually short oral arguments between lawyers in front of a panel of 3 judges — there are many scheduled before each panel in a single day. The COA already has all the transcripts from all lower court proceedings and copies of briefs from both parties. They will issue their decision/opinion in a few weeks or months.

I am thinking about Jessica this week. She is not forgotten even though she is almost 3 years gone. I don’t know how to add a candle for this page or I would. Can someone? Her family always ‘hosts’ a candle-burning through her memorial Facebook page on the night of April 22 to 23 if anyone wants to attend. It is a beautiful remembrance to this special young woman who is gone before she should have.

Blessings to her and her family.

I hope no one finds offense that I post this picture from Jessica’s memorial Facebook page. If anyone is, please PM me and I will get a mod to remove this post. Tonight Jessica is 5 years gone. Who knows where her life would have taken her in those years, had it not been stolen?
upload_2021-4-22_16-42-24.jpeg
by all accounts I have read and heard, Jessica was a kind and beautiful young woman. A true friend. We have lost so many here on this forum. I feel one of the tasks we have as Websleuths is to remember those who have passed. Jessica ... you are not forgotten.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back