GUILTY MI - Jessica White, 21, Troy, 23 April 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thoughts and prayers for the family and friends of Jessica Leigh White who will be laid to rest this evening. I hoped the visitation/service would be closer to my home so I could attend on behalf of everyone here who has taken an interest in the case. Fraser is a ways from me, and I've never been anywhere in that area previously.

:rose: Justice for Jessica! :rose:

Murdered Troy woman was latest addition to national missing persons database

By Charles Crumm, The Oakland Press

Posted: 05/06/16, 11:47 AM EDT | Updated: 16 hrs ago

The discovery of 21-year-old Jessica White’s body in the attic of a Hazel Park house of a friend last week tragically concluded an intense search for the Troy woman spanning social media and national databases since she was last seen April 23.

White was the latest addition to the national site NamUs, which seeks to find the missing and identify the unnamed deceased.

She was added to the database April 27. Sadly, her body was discovered Tuesday, May 3. White had been strangled...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/spec...addition-to-national-missing-persons-database

Missing Michigan Woman's Body Found in Childhood Friend's Attic After His Confession: Police

By Harriet Sokmensuer
@HGSokmensuer 05/05/2016 AT 02:10 PM EDT

The 10-day search for a missing Michigan woman ended tragically Tuesday when her childhood friend allegedly walked into a police station and confessed to killing her, PEOPLE confirms.

Jordan McClanahan was taken into police custody Tuesday after allegedly admitting to strangling 21-year-old Jessica Leigh White at his Hazel Park, Michigan, home.

White's body was found in an attic crawl space behind a false wall in McClanahan's bedroom. The access point to the space was hidden behind a cabinet, Hazel Park Police Department Chief Martin Barner tells PEOPLE...

http://www.people.com/article/jessica-white-body-found-jordan-allegedly-confessed

Missing 21-year-old woman's body found in her friend's attic only after he confessed to strangling her two weeks ago - despite police searching his home TWICE before

Jordan McClanahan, 23, turned himself into police Tuesday night and allegedly admitted to killing his friend, Jessica Leigh White, 21

White was last seen on April 23 at McClanahan's house, and she later sent her mom and sister a text message that the situation there was 'awkward'

She never showed up for a babysitting job the next day, and that's when her parents reported her missing

McClanahan initially told police that White left to visit another friend later in the night and even helped in the search

Police searched his home twice and didn't find the body

After his confession, cops returned to the McClanahan home for a third time and found White's body in a hidden attic space
An autopsy revealed she died of strangulation

By Ashley Collman For Dailymail.com

Published: 07:32 EST, 5 May 2016 | Updated: 13:01 EST, 5 May 2016

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-night-disappeared-month.html#ixzz48Gha8jGk

Reminder: Jordan is scheduled for a pre-exam conference in Hazel Park District Court at 1 p.m. May 17 (Tuesday).

Justice For Jessica Leigh White FB has been relatively quiet since the funeral. There are new entries today in anticipation of the hearing. It's scheduled for 1:00PM but I haven't seen media coverage or mention of live stream from court. I have to be out for a while and will likely not be home at 1:00. I'll listen to WWJ and check for updates later.

https://www.facebook.com/Justice-For-Jessica-Leigh-White-1736204589991594/

I won't be satisfied until the dad is charged for his lies. Hindering an investigation. Lying to investigators while she was missing. He is not a victim he is a liar. They had an argument that night according to her text. Anything from him after that is a lie and CYA IMO.

"When police initially spoke with the Hazel Park homeowner, he denied knowing the missing woman."
http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...04/27/troy-woman-missing-hazel-park/83604508/

They were childhood friends. He knew that. She was present while he cussed out his son. How could he lie like that if he had no idea that something violent had happened afterward? What would be the reason? He needed time IMO.

ETA: I believe that the kid killed her because of his obsession but the details haunt me as to the lies and misdirection to LE.

MOO

Still haven't seen/heard media report(s) re: hearing today. I'll keep checking.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...zel-park-suspect-troy-missing-woman/84508258/

Suspect in Troy woman’s killing to undergo evaluations

<snipped>
"Hazel Park — A man charged in the death of a 21-year-old Troy woman found in the attic rafters of his home will undergo psychiatric tests, a district judge ordered Tuesday.
Jordan McClanahan, 24, of Hazel Park is charged with first-degree felony murder and mutilation of a body in the death of Jessica White, found May 3 in the attic of McClanahan’s home on East Woodward Heights in Hazel Park."

Psychiatrists to examine Hazel Park man charged in Troy woman’s murder

By Mike McConnell, mike.mcconnell@dailytribune.com, @mmcconnell01 on Twitter

Posted: 05/17/16, 3:13 PM EDT | Updated: 5 secs ago

A Hazel Park man charged with murdering a Troy woman who was a friend of his will be examined by psychiatrists before a judge determines whether the suspect will stand trial.

Suspect Jordan McClanahan, 23, is accused of strangling Jessica White, 21, with a belt and cutting off her fingertips. Police said he stashed her body in the attic of his house for 11 days.

McClanahan eventually went to Troy police on May 3, implicated himself in the killing and led investigators to White’s body, which was wrapped in a tarp, police said.

Hazel Park 43rd District Judge Charles Goedert granted a request Tuesday from defense attorney Raymond Correll that the suspect be examined at the state Center for Forensic Psychiatry in Ypsilanti. Oakland County Assistant Prosecutor Jeffrey Formanczyk made no objection to the request...

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/gene...-hazel-park-man-charged-in-troy-womans-murder

I'm not surprised about the request for the psychiatric evaluation. I suggested that the defense would focus on JM's mental health and mentioned it in post #101 on this thread.

I'm not surprised about the request for the psychiatric evaluation. I suggested that the defense would focus on JM's mental health and mentioned it in post #101 on this thread.

And you were right :maddening:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...3-April-2016-*Arrest*&p=12533519#post12533519

So linking that post I am not surprised that the father was pushing the drugs and alcohol but after his lies about not knowing her my guess is that the drug thing is also a lie and who will know after the days had past.

Neither of them can be trusted. They are both criminals, IMO.

To be absolutely clear: I am NOT excusing this crime or any other because of present or past drug use.

I do believe the possibility of JM's drug use in this case. The clear plastic "shirt" he was wearing during his arraignment shortly after arrest (shown in picture and video) is often used when addicts are withdrawing from drugs and/or alcohol in jail. Gross, but they are used for ease of cleaning up addicts' vomit during acute withdrawal. My reference is sadly relatives who have gone through intense and precipitated withdrawal while incarcerated.

Good Evening Jessica Leigh White Warriors. We have had a lot of people asking what happen in court today. We were told only that there is going to be another court hearing in 60 days. As he is having a test done to see if he is going to stand trial. We ask that you don't throw questions at us. We can not answer them, We do not know the answers as to why and how come...

https://www.facebook.com/Justice-For-Jessica-Leigh-White-1736204589991594/

I continue to be haunted by the confusing 'facts' and unanswered questions in this case. Jessica's last text messages for example: how certain can anyone be that those came from Jessica herself? Yes, they came from her phone, but that doesn't mean they actually came from Jessica. Did she often use that language ('cussing him out')? Also in the People article, JM appears to have offered (via text message) help and said he really cared about the family. Except, well, we know JM didn't possess his own phone. Someone else may have been setting things up earlier in the timeline and with an end to manipulating some specific outcome before we thought.

In the end, the answers to these small questions may not matter. It just seems off.
Most of all, heartfelt prayers and condolences to Jessica's family. I know nothing can ever make up for the loss of your beautiful daughter. May truth and Justice be served.

Anyone know what happened last time he was in court?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025
Back