MI MI - Jodi Parrack, 11, abducted & murdered, Constantine, 7 Nov 2007

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She was only 11 years old- how could she possibly be a rival for anyone with a grudge so bad they'd murder a child! I'm not doubting you, CD, but it just boggles the mind.

Could someone possibly have scared her to death, causing her heart to stop?

This case is really upsetting me. I have a horrible feeling this was done by a young teenager, someone she may know from the neighborhood or church. I think the intention was rape and he got cold feet, but killed her so she wouldn't tell.:(

Beyond Belief, i think you may have something here.. i was wondering if any of her friends' have older brothers..

She was only 11 years old- how could she possibly be a rival for anyone with a grudge so bad they'd murder a child! I'm not doubting you, CD, but it just boggles the mind.

It happens. A 10 year old girl was killed by 4 teenagers a few years ago (in Burlington NC) because a teenaged girl thought she was after her boyfriend.

Since she wasn't seen by anyone after she told her friends she was going to go home, maybe someone she knew "gave her a ride". I don't think she would have gotten in a vehicle with a stranger. Whoever took her also took the bicycle, which would have made a struggle more likely to have been noticed.

That she wasn't seen after she said she was going home, makes me think she wasn't on the street very long.

Police say they are closer to finding Jodi's killer:

http://www.wsbt.com/news/local/11389066.html

Finding out what happened lies within the path Jodi Parrack took the night she was killed. Police say Jodi Parrack left her friend's house at the 100-block of East Third Street and headed west toward the downtown area.
Just a block away is where she was last seen at the intersection of East Third Street and Washington. Police say after she left there someone had to have seen her.

"It stands to reason that she was somewhere between where she was last seen and the time that she met her killer, [it] stands to reason that someone would have seen her," said Honeysett.

I just went through the Michigan State Police Sex Offender Registry and there are 279 in St. Joseph County. With a 2000 population of 62,422 that's one for every 224 people! :eek:

Well, unless the judge there is really on a kick about it. He may be making everyone register whose crime is even remotely sexual. We have heard about all kinds of people being put on the registry that do nothing but clog it up - people charged with peeing behind a bush when intoxicated, consensual sex between adults in a public place (lovers lane type of thing), Romeo and Juliet "statutory rape" cases, etc.

Then there are the low level offenders who might not be on there in a bigger city - flashers, peeping toms, etc. who a small town judge might include.

That's why the registry needs to be fixed before it will do any good. We have no idea if those people are good suspects or not. It could be 219 fairly normal people (with maybe less than stellar judgement when they drink) and 5 pervs. Or maybe the town hosts a pedo ring. Who knows???

Sorry...off my soap box now. :blushing:

Finding out what happened lies within the path Jodi Parrack took the night she was killed. Police say Jodi Parrack left her friend's house at the 100-block of East Third Street and headed west toward the downtown area.
Just a block away is where she was last seen at the intersection of East Third Street and Washington. Police say after she left there someone had to have seen her.

"It stands to reason that she was somewhere between where she was last seen and the time that she met her killer, [it] stands to reason that someone would have seen her," said Honeysett.

What that article tells me is that the police haven't got a clue - surely they would have some idea of time of death. They are talking about a six hour window - surely it's been narrowed down??

Well, unless the judge there is really on a kick about it. He may be making everyone register whose crime is even remotely sexual. We have heard about all kinds of people being put on the registry that do nothing but clog it up - people charged with peeing behind a bush when intoxicated, consensual sex between adults in a public place (lovers lane type of thing), Romeo and Juliet "statutory rape" cases, etc.

Then there are the low level offenders who might not be on there in a bigger city - flashers, peeping toms, etc. who a small town judge might include.

That's why the registry needs to be fixed before it will do any good. We have no idea if those people are good suspects or not. It could be 219 fairly normal people (with maybe less than stellar judgement when they drink) and 5 pervs. Or maybe the town hosts a pedo ring. Who knows???

Sorry...off my soap box now. :blushing:

My husband feels the same way, angelmom. There are many of the 'Romeo & Juliet' types on the registry. The laws are pretty tough in this state. Now they're complaining that we 'over-incarcerate' at least compared to neighboring states.

What that article tells me is that the police haven't got a clue - surely they would have some idea of time of death. They are talking about a six hour window - surely it's been narrowed down??

They aren't saying a word. They did call paramedics who tried to revive her, so I'm thinking some valuable evidence was disturbed. Hopefully, it won't matter. The prosecutor's office has a pretty good record but I don't recall any case like this here.

Thanks lwjf22. That's interesting that they called paramedics.
I would imagine that the paramedics actions would be able to be seperated from anything that might point elsewhere. I agree this is a very strange case.

Surely they've bagged her hands and done the usual. Let's just hope the police have a lot more than they're letting on.

I wonder if her step dad is on the SO registry. I hate to be such a judgemental thing, but we hear about these step-dads/boyfriends so often, that it's almost a given anymore.

If someone picked her up, and took her bike along, it was likely a pick-up or SUV. A car or a van would have taken longer, to manipulate a larger bike into, and more noticable by a witness. If there was no struggle, nothing out of the ordinary found in the autopsy, then it was probably someone she knows. I wonder if he has an alibi?

I had to read that paragraph over and over - it sounds like they don't have a clue what happened - I mean it's obvious something happened between the time she was last seen and when her body was found! Obviously someone saw her - her killer did.

I wonder if her step dad is on the SO registry. I hate to be such a judgemental thing, but we hear about these step-dads/boyfriends so often, that it's almost a given anymore.

If someone picked her up, and took her bike along, it was likely a pick-up or SUV. A car or a van would have taken longer, to manipulate a larger bike into, and more noticable by a witness. If there was no struggle, nothing out of the ordinary found in the autopsy, then it was probably someone she knows. I wonder if he has an alibi?

I checked to Michigan RSO list and got nothing on any male (dad, stepdad, brothers, uncles) listed in Jodi's obituary.

Nothing on the grandfathers either.

Interesting link. Washinton Street is the main road through town, also known as US-131 with heavy truck traffic. So she was last spotted downtown and after leaving her friend's house which is in the opposite direction from her house. I think there is a gas station/convenience store on the southwest corner of Washington/Third Street. I can check with a co-worker at lunch, she's lives just outside town.

The police believe there was a lapse of time after Jodi left her friend's house before she was murdered.

http://www.fox28.com/News/index.php?ID=28152

Right now, Police are looking for someone who may have seen Jodi Parrack after 4:45 p.m. the day she disappeared.

They now believe there was a lapse of time, possibly a couple of hours before she was murdered.

From this article it sounds as if LE thinks Jodi was killed a couple of hours after she left her friend's house. Her mother said she never came home. The police were told she was going to stop at a store/gas station on her way home. She was seen close to there, but the employee working at that gas station (which probably has video security) saw her there.

It sounds to me as if the LE is doing a lot and knows a whole lot more than they are saying but don't want the case compromised.

It is a good thing that they are putting peeping tom's into the registry. A lot of the time, "peeping" is just there start and then their crimes escalate.
It sounds like the cemetery could have been a secondary crime scene if she was dumped there. Paramedics and her mother would have disturbed evidence upon finding her and in the above link her mother is qouted as saying she cradled her daughter's lifeless body. So if it was obvious she was dead, is it normal for paramedics to still try to revive her? Especially since it wasn't a drowning?
A Mongoose bike is usually a 20" bmx style boy's bike, i would assume that what was she was riding that was borrowed from a friend. They do have mountain bike style models, at her age though, i'm not sure if a mountain bike style would be too big. I rode a 20" bmx style at age 10, and i was of small stature; so i'm sure she could.

Jolynna, i can only read the first page of the above article and then it wants me to sign in. Is there any way i could read the full article?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Clean
Back