MI MI - Joey Haines, 26, Monroe, 15 June 1991

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So the last person who saw him was his brother.I wonder if he ran in the woods after him?
Its hard to believe his has been missing since 91 and is just being added to the missing site!
That's not true I saw him after he ran off into the woods that night . Us kids were at a family members house while they all went out . There was a room with a pool table and a sliding back door . We were all lined up against the wall in blankets nest to each other on the floor. I was in a strange place afraid of the dark and could not sleep. I seen someone look through the sliding door look around then come in . I was afraid until I seen Joe. I was relieved. He walked over bent down and kissed ch . He looked over at me and seen my eyes were open looked at me put his finger on his lips and went sshhhh. He then kissed me and I remember very vividly hating the way his mustache felt on my face and the smell of beer . He acknowledged I was going to be quiet said good boy. He went into the house and because he was my dad and I felt safe he was around now I fell right to sleep.

Let's dox me . I am Bill. I am Joe's step son and ch is my sister

Thank you for your input & welcome to Websleuths Simonborg.

My apologies if I repeated incorrect information ie that Joe wasn’t reported missing by his family at the time of his disappearance.

You were there & know this not to be the case!

As a family member you may wish to become a Verified Insider
( link below) which means you can share information more easily
with us.

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

So the last person who saw him was his brother.I wonder if he ran in the woods after him?
Its hard to believe his has been missing since 91 and is just being added to the missing site!
That's not true I saw him after he ran off into the woods that night . Us kids were at a family members house while they all went out . There was a room with a pool table and a sliding back door . We were all lined up against the wall in blankets nest to each other on the floor. I was in a strange place afraid of the dark and could not sleep. I seen someone look through the sliding door look around then come in . I was afraid until I seen Joe. I was relieved. He walked over bent down and kissed ch . He looked over at me and seen my eyes were open looked at me put his finger on his lips and went sshhhh. He then kissed me and I remember very vividly hating the way his mustache felt on my face and the smell of beer . He acknowledged I was going to be quiet said good boy. He went into the house and because he was my dad and I felt safe he was around now I fell right to sleep.

No one else had come home from the bar yet at that time

Believe it or not I still can't stand beer the smell or taste because of that specific memory

JUN 15, 2022
[...]

He got into an argument with his brother and walked out of the house into the woods, leaving his young daughter behind in his car, according to the Doe Network.

He wasn’t reported missing until 2011. His brother, Ron, moved to Florida and died on March 1, 2012.

Haines was 26 years old when he disappeared, he would be 56 years old now.

[...]

Joey was just added to the Charley Project
1655378026910.png

• Missing Since 06/15/1991
  • Missing From Monroe, Michigan
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Male
  • Race White
  • Age25 years old
  • Height and Weight6'1, 190 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian male. Blond hair, blue eyes. Haines had a mustache at the time of his disappearance. He has a large scar on the right side of his chin.

Details of Disappearance​

Haines was last seen in Monroe, Michigan on June 15, 1991. After an argument with his brother, he walked out of the house and into the woods, leaving his daughter behind in the car. He never returned and has never been heard from again.
Haines was not reported missing until 2011. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency​

• Michigan State Police 734-242-3500

Source Information​

Updated 1 time since October 12, 2004. Last updated June 15, 2022; casefile added.

Joey's NamUs profile hasn't been modified since 2019.
He currently has 10 rule outs/exclusions
UP8023
01/12/2000
Vernon
MO

UP14360
08/14/2015
Bland
VA

UP6639
07/28/2007
Fairfax
VA

UP6149
01/22/1996
Halifax
VA

UP6637
10/07/2006
Fairfax
VA

UP11248
08/20/2012
Fairfax
VA

UP14518
04/03/2010
Shenandoah
VA

UP6278
07/05/2007
Botetourt
VA

UP6304
08/01/1993
Clarke
VA

UP10908
08/29/2012
Fairfax
VA

JUN 15, 2022
[...]

He got into an argument with his brother and walked out of the house into the woods, leaving his young daughter behind in his car, according to the Doe Network.

He wasn’t reported missing until 2011. His brother, Ron, moved to Florida and died on March 1, 2012.

Haines was 26 years old when he disappeared, he would be 56 years old now.

[...]
I am a bit confused. Some reports say he ran into the woods at a bar in Flat Rock and other say he ran from a house into the woods. Which is it? Also family says his 7yr old was in the car, is that the house or a bar parking lot? Not reporting him missing is super sketchy. You would assume at least if they thinm he left then the mother of his kids would want support financially by contacting police or lawyer that he abandoned his family. Or definitely be looking because they are concerned for his well being. If they thought he left on his own will wouldn't certain belongings be missing? Like a car, clothes, essentials and wallet and certain items that would indicate such. Not using you ss # does raise red flags that he didn't just move away. I am just confused if a bar or house he left from...and if a bar which one? That could show potential for getting a ride or if the woods butted up to other places someone would go to. Definitely needs more details that family has been keeping to themselves for decades.

I am a bit confused. Some reports say he ran into the woods at a bar in Flat Rock and other say he ran from a house into the woods. Which is it? Also family says his 7yr old was in the car, is that the house or a bar parking lot? Not reporting him missing is super sketchy. You would assume at least if they thinm he left then the mother of his kids would want support financially by contacting police or lawyer that he abandoned his family. Or definitely be looking because they are concerned for his well being. If they thought he left on his own will wouldn't certain belongings be missing? Like a car, clothes, essentials and wallet and certain items that would indicate such. Not using you ss # does raise red flags that he didn't just move away. I am just confused if a bar or house he left from...and if a bar which one? That could show potential for getting a ride or if the woods butted up to other places someone would go to. Definitely needs more details that family has been keeping to themselves for decades.
Welcome to Websleuths, Elleskywalker.

I don't know which is correct - the house or the bar. I would hope he didn't leave his daughter in the car at a bar. MOO

Race: White
Height: 6'1"
Weight: 190 lbs.
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry, hair in front and sides was short and feathered in the back of head to his shoulders
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing M
Marks/Features:
He has a large scar on right of chin and a mustache.

Identifiers​

Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members