Found Deceased MI - Jordan Cox, 27, was to help her dad, never showed up, didn't take anything except her wallet, Wyandotte, 26 Mar 2023

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Jordan has been found deceased today but I have no further information, was hoping there might be something about her here.
Obituary for Jordan

How very sad. No additional info I can find. I wonder what happened? I grew up in that area and was just there last week. I have always considered Wyandotte safe, and always felt safe there. JMO. RIP Jordan.

ETA, after looking through family FB pages and a fundraising site, nobody seems to be giving a reason for what happened. That makes me think possibly self harm/OD that they don’t want to discuss? Or maybe an ongoing investigation they can’t comment on? But they seem very calm if that’s the case. All JMO and meant respectfully.

Last edited:
Obituary for Jordan

How very sad. No additional info I can find. I wonder what happened? I grew up in that area and was just there last week. I have always considered Wyandotte safe, and always felt safe there. JMO. RIP Jordan.

ETA, after looking through family FB pages and a fundraising site, nobody seems to be giving a reason for what happened. That makes me think possibly self harm/OD that they don’t want to discuss? Or maybe an ongoing investigation they can’t comment on? But they seem very calm if that’s the case. All JMO and meant respectfully.
Yes, I looked through quite a few FB pages as well and I am acquainted with a few of those people and am puzzled by the lack of info. So very sad.

MSM confirmation of death. No real info. Sounds like OD.

I still don't understand the story that she was going to do her makeup and go help her dad move. That seems wildly inconsistent with getting a ride, since she didn't have a car, and going to another city. I can't help but mistrust that story.

The only article so far.

"According to Kim Cox, Jordan Cox (who also goes by the name Jo), had been asked to help her dad move some boxes to his new apartment, which is next to Kim’s apartment.

Jordan Cox said she was going to do her makeup and then help him, but apparently after finishing her makeup she walked out of the apartment and never returned."
a lot of younger women wont be seen without it.

MSM confirmation of death. No real info. Sounds like OD.

I still don't understand the story that she was going to do her makeup and go help her dad move. That seems wildly inconsistent with getting a ride, since she didn't have a car, and going to another city. I can't help but mistrust that story.
The article you linked mentions she was found in a home….?! That seems…odd. A vacant home? It seems like they would’ve said it was vacant, though. How does somebody go missing for over a week and then turn up in a house? Who owned the house, why didn’t they report anything? I’m confused by this whole situation.

IMO it's too early to speculate before we know the manner of death or the circumstances. The article linked above says that the Wayne County ME will determine MOD, their findings will be made public, right?

Rest in peace, Jordan.
In the state of Michigan, any death investigation by the medical examiner is intrinsically a matter of public inquiry, and certain reports of that investigation are public record

This thread may be removed before then though as is sometimes the case of deaths with no foul play suspected and silence from the families

I don't think the make-up thing is odd personally, although I see how it could sound that way. Maybe she knew she was meeting someone after or before helping with the boxes and she wanted to look nice. That could be what you mean too (it wasn't for the box moving, so it is helpful in an investigative sense). She has make-up on her in photographs. I would find it odd if it was stated with regard to someone who never wore make-up (unless at a wedding or something like that).

I am glad that they found her but sad that this happened. RIP Jordan.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18
Back