MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kudos to LE for persisting on this case. They must have had due cause to seize that computer, and I would speculate they've had him in their sites for a long time.

Kudos to LE for persisting on this case. They must have had due cause to seize that computer, and I would speculate they've had him in their sites for a long time.

Yes! Wonder if he is involved with Chelsea Bruck case.

^ I'm wondering the same thing about him being involved with Chelsea's disappearance, too.

Yes! Wonder if he is involved with Chelsea Bruck case.

Yes, I believe the two cases are absolutely connected. While I don't think this POI in the Niswender case is "sketch guy" in the Bruck case, I think it highly probable they are connected in some way.

Police: Stepfather of slain EMU student in custody

Holly Fournier, The Detroit News 1:20 p.m. EST March 4, 2015

The stepfather of an Eastern Michigan University student killed in 2012 has been arrested on possession of child *advertiser censored* and is considered a person of interest in her death, according to Ypsilanti police.

James Turnquist was arrested Feb. 26 and remains incarcerated at the Monroe County Jail on a $100,000 bond, according to jail officials.

He was charged with one felony count of possessing sexually-abusive materal involving a child, according to Monroe County District Court. His probable cause hearing is set for 8:30 a.m. March 12...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...tepfather-slain-emu-student-custody/24377593/

Child *advertiser censored* and adult *advertiser censored* are not usually connected, are they? Could he also have been involved in "assisting" with sex trafficking and that is the connection between the two cases? Somehow, these two cases could definitely have a connection.

One aricle (and I now have forgotten which one) said family and friends had suspicions for some time. How awful to live with that thought and have to be patient, waiting on LE confirmations.

ETA.... here it is. Maybe my words were off, and their concerns have come after the arrest: It is from the MLive article. AnnArbor.com will take you to the page where the POI article can be found.

In a release by the department on March 4, police said the child *advertiser censored* case is unrelated but said investigators and family alike have concerns that he has knowledge pertaining to Niswender's death.

http://monroenews.com/news/2015/mar/04/jennifer-niswender-backing-stepfather/?templates=tablet

Julia's sister insists stepfather had nothing to do with her death. Supposedly he took and passed two lie detector tests. We all know they are not always accurate.

Snipped...
...Jennifer said today that Ypsilanti police have questioned her family members, including Mr. Turnquist, but she insists that her stepfather had nothing to do with her sister’s death and that it was proven through science.

..."The investigators, as well as some family members of Julia, have concerns that Mr. Turnquist has knowledge pertaining to her death," the statement said. "This is due to the fact that he has not provided detectives with a formal statement as to his whereabouts the days prior to Julia's death, thus making him a person of interest."

H E A V Y.

Hugs to Jennifer.

Can't help myself - just gotta ask: Where was Mr. Turnquist on the night that Chelsea Bruck went missing?

Wow! I just saw this shocking development.

Her step dad now a POI.

Poor Julia.

JMHO
fran
:(

Can't help myself - just gotta ask: Where was Mr. Turnquist on the night that Chelsea Bruck went missing?

I will bet that he gets questioned about that! Even if he wasn't there, he may have given some info about Chelsea to another person, arranged to pick her up "down the road", or ..... a myriad of thoughts/possibilities cross my mind now.

I am so on pins and needles with this development.

wow. What is this odd timing though? Was he a POI before this? if not, why now unless there is a connection?

Justice is coming Julia...

WDIV will have new information about the arrest in later newscasts this evening at 5:00 and 6:00.

New on WDIV news at 5:00 - Ypsilanti police want to interview Turnquist regarding Julia's murder.

Julia Niswender's stepfather named person of interest in 2012 homicide
March Forth/4th

Snipped...
...Police say they will continue to follow leads, gather intelligence and analyze evidence already obtained.

As more information becomes available, the Ypsilanti Police Department indicated it will provide further updates.

Anyone with additional information is asked to call Lt. Deric Gress at 734-482-9847 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 1-800-SPEAKUP (773-2587).

Read more: http://www.heritage.com/articles/20...oc54f741b1bf7c4984549555.txt?viewmode=default

[ He looks different in that photo :moo: ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member