MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My :praying: for this young lady's loved ones...

and what a strange coincidence....or is it? :waitasec:

say WHAAAT?

that is just crazy!

campus is going to explode with rumors.

I just want to point out that it bothers me that a non-EMU student resides in this apartment complex. Rules must have changed since my days as a student there. These were built FOR students. Not randoms. A drug overdoes doesn't surprise me though. Especially in the area near PP. They're notorious for drugs. How sad.

WTF!?! Students and parents better start asking more questions and insist on getting answers about how these two women died. How can anyone believe that the campus is safe when there have been two deaths of young women in such a short timespan? If Ypsi police can't handle the case, then they should request assistance for MSP - pronto. :moo:

the other PP death: (they say it is unrelated)

Officers from the Ypsilanti Police Department are investigating the death of a Peninsular Place resident as a possible suicide.

According to a press release from the YPD, a 21-year-old Ypsilanti woman was found deceased in her apartment in the 900 block of Railroad Street at 4:35 a.m. Friday.

The release said the deceased was despondent after a mutual breakup with her boyfriend. After no contact from her for several days, family and friends called police to the apartment complex for a welfare check of the resident.

According to the release, the woman was found dead in her bed and medication was found at the scene, indicating a possible overdose.
There were no signs of foul play, and an autopsy will be performed by the Washtenaw County Medical Examiner.

Lt. Deric Gress of the YPD said the woman was not an Eastern Michigan University student, and according to an AnnArbor.com article the deceased had one roommate.

Gress told AnnArbor.com the information was released to the public because of the Julia Niswender homicide case and growing concern within the community. Niswender was found dead at her Peninsular Place apartment Dec.11, and the investigation is ongoing.
http://www.easternecho.com/article/2013/01/possible-suicide-at-peninsular-place

The update I received this am - Is that the family has yet to receive any form of "update". Although they are trying to hold it together it is becoming increasingly difficult due to the fact that they spend most of their days being asked by others what they "know". As I was told today - they know just about as much as the rest of us - although they have theories - and are trickled down information as to who has been question and who has been questioned more than once.

Looks like the recent coed death was a drug overdose, but I don't think that's the case with Julia. Sad as it is, the family and friends of the other young woman know how their loved one died, but JN's COD is still a mystery. I hope the toxicology reports reveal the truth about how Julia died and that someone is held accountable.

I think it is interesting to note that when this new tragedy was discussed this am - "air quotes" were used when commenting on the fact that this mornings events are being labeled a "suicide" by Jula's father. For what it's worth - and Moo!

I think the best thing to do is to wait for the toxicology reports to be posted. Then again, will they be posted right away? Who knows. I'd just like to see this resolved so the family could have some closure. My heart aches for them and they are in my prayers.

I would be interested to know if Julia had any relationship with this coed who died. I know they are saying the deaths are unrelated, but if suicide is being mentioned for the coed (sorry can't remember her name), to me there is something there. Maybe she knew something about Julia's death and felt responsible, or perhaps she was responsible and couldn't take the guilt??

I asked this yesterday - apparently there was no connection between the two girls besides they lived in the same complex. *per family*

I wish the toxicology report was back so possibly the culprit or culprits could be found! :jail:
This waiting around for results must be very hard on the family.:furious:

also, the president has a lot on her plate with all this bad news about EMU...

a former math prof was arrested for the murder of his wife this weekend :-(

http://www.battlecreekenquirer.com/...versity-math-lecturer-arrested-wife-s-killing

it is unrelated, I am sure, but wow...

Did you take note of the guys name last name and manner of death.
Whats one letter when you're being stabbed to death. :what:
http://www.annarbor.com/news/crime/police-pittsfield-township-woman-died-of-multiple-stab-wounds/

I hope Julia's family gets some answers soon!!!

I noticed a cousin of Julias tweet about a memorial held yesterday. I assume that was because it was Julia and Jenn's birthday?
The cousin didn't go to the memorial for some reason or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member