MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or not move your family out of town if you were so poor, you had to choose between your preteen's bathroom privacy and putting food on the table.... JMO

They relocated for employment i.e. to have income.

Not having money to fix the door makes yet another reason for the missing door ... Which is correct? :thinking:

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is with the bathroom door. A bathroom door gives privacy, so does a curtain.

I think the computer was seized in December 2014 ......? Nothing before that? Trojan or 4ist, can you confirm? It is so confusing as to when the FIRST computer was taken from the home.

ETA:

first computer given to LE belonged to Grandma Rose. Julia had used it. LE will check for Julia's useage and contacts.

JT avoluntarily gave a computer in December 2014.

Search warrant, computer and other electronic devices taken I. February 2015.

I find it ironic that JT's attorney does not allow him to be questioned by the police but yet allows him to voluntarily turn over his computer.

As always...when I comment in regards to my opinion vs. Something the family has told me I state as such.

I don't know why it matters how long I have known any of the family.... it seems to me 3 years is longer than not at all. And everyone else is clearly allowed to state their opinions....

Ok I'm confused, I thought I read you only met Turnquist in the fall of 2012, shortly before Julia was murdered. Where is the three years coming from or did you mean to say 2 1/2 years now??

I question the statements that have been made to you from the accused. IMO they are self serving statements deflecting blame onto others. I can't recall reading any statements where the accused or his wife have accepted responsibility for anything, it's always someone else's fault. If I am wrong in my recollection then I apologize.

I'm sorry. You are correct it has been 2 years 6 months. Which is longer than most in here.

I do not think that the turnquist family being able to state their side is self serving but only the other side of a very long and very disfunctional family history.

What is it you would like them to accept responsibility for?

One more comment about privacy. I think the important thing about privacy is whether the people involved (in this case) feel uncomfortable. Living in a small house does not give you much privacy. I don't think that having a door or a curtain makes a big difference. One would have to ask Jennifer (unfortunately we cannot ask Julia) whether the curtain made her feel uncomfortable.

Defintion of the Self-Serving Bias

The self-serving bias is people's tendency to attribute positive events to their own character but attribute negative events to external factors. It's a common type of cognitive bias that has been extensively studied in social psychology.

Example

Positive event - You get an A for an essay and you attribute it to your own awesomeness! (internal attribution)

Negative event - You get a C on an essay and you attribute it to your professor not having explained what they wanted well enough. (external attribution).

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo...erving-bias-definition-research-and-antidotes

No, it's the landlord's fault, no it's the fault of a very long and very dysfunctional family history... I could go on but this is just a few examples from the last page or two that has been talked about.
:moo:

One more comment about privacy. I think the important thing about privacy is whether the people involved (in this case) feel uncomfortable. Living in a small house does not give you much privacy. I don't think that having a door or a curtain makes a big difference. One would have to ask Jennifer (unfortunately we cannot ask Julia) whether the curtain made her feel uncomfortable.

IMO there is a HUGE difference between having a bathroom door that you can close and lock if need be and having a curtain which does not block sound or have the ability to lock. Let's be honest, I believe we all know what Jennifer would say at this point.

I'm just not going to waste anymore time on this. Why? because I could use the entire DSM-IV as a source for this case depending on the character we are discussing.

It's just not worth it. This is supposed to be about Justice for Julia, not a battle of wits.

I'm just not going to waste anymore time on this. Why? because I could use the entire DSM-IV as a source for this case depending on the character we are discussing.

It's just not worth it. This is supposed to be about Justice for Julia, not a battle of whits.

*wits

IMO there is a HUGE difference between having a bathroom door that you can close and lock if need be and having a curtain which does not block sound or have the ability to lock. Let's be honest, I believe we all know what Jennifer would say at this point.

Jennifer? I can ask her exactly what she has to say about the bathroom.

I think we all AGREE that we all have different opinions on the bathroom door, or lack thereof. I make a motion to move on.
: )

Jennifer? I can ask her exactly what she has to say about the bathroom.

I think there are much more important things to ask Jennifer! I want to know Julia's routine *outside* of her school classes. What did she do every week like clockwork?

Editing to add; what was her Sunday afternoon/evening routine? Did she do her laundry on Sunday nights in a common area at school? These are type of things I'm looking for

Trojan mentioned before that they were around 12-14. According to sale records, the Turnquists bought their house in November 2002, when the twins were 13. They probably moved out of the Gaylord house soon after.

They lived in Gaylord prior to purchasing the house that they live in right now in Monroe. They relocated to Gaylord because of a pending change in Jim's job. Kim quit Meijers in Monroe and eventually was hired by WalMart in Gaylord. While living in Gaylord, Kim would make trips back to Monroe to see friends and family. Many times, she made the trip alone and the twins would stay in Gaylord with Jim. Some of Kim's trips back to Monroe may have been during the week which would mean the twins would have been in school during the day. I visited their house in Gaylord once and mentioned the "curtain" but was told that was "temporary". I must say that I was a bit uncomfortable using a bathroom with only a curtain. If it is so important, I may have a picture taken inside the house that may show "the curtain"! I really don't know what value that would be.

I would like to concentrate on helping solve Julia's murder. I don't know if anymore discussion about a "curtain" is very important to the big picture. There was a curtain, it wasn't very "private" and let's move on. The Turnquists did not live in Gaylord very long as most of their married life has been spent in Monroe. I think the main problem for me is that LE is trying to "clear" the family and yet the family seems to be uncooperative. Most parents would cooperate completely with LE to solve their daughters murder. Yes, they may have been cooperative in the beginning but why would you stop. Most people know that it is pretty common for the immediate family to be thoroughly checked out when a murder like this occurs. Obviously, Julia either knew her "killer" or at least let him in to her apartment. This is why the immediate family must be "cleared" to continue the investigation. I'm sorry, but I feel all the effort and resources being used on the current "sideshow" are just possibly allowing the real killer to distance himself from the investigation. I'm not saying that I condone child *advertiser censored* but whether that is a legitimate issue is still to be resolved by the courts. All I ask is for everyone on this thread to continue to "help" solve the murder. We can look at things both ways, assume JT is guilty of child *advertiser censored* or assume he is innocent of child *advertiser censored* and just had some dirty pictures on the computer. We will know the courts decision probably by July 1st. Onward and upward. I truly appreciate everyone's efforts and would love to have this investigation continue until the person who committed this terrible murder and permanently removed Julia from our lives is brought to justice. She will always be in my heart and memories but such a thing like this should not happen to anyone. I really can't "rest" until this is solved and Justice for Julia is complete. Then again, no matter what happens, nothing will bring her back to me... her loving smile, her bubbling personality, her voice saying "Oh grandpa" ; these I've lost forever for the rest of my life.

I would like to concentrate on helping solve Julia's murder. I don't know if anymore discussion about a "curtain" is very important to the big picture. There was a curtain, it wasn't very "private" and let's move on. The Turnquists did not live in Gaylord very long as most of their married life has been spent in Monroe. I think the main problem for me is that LE is trying to "clear" the family and yet the family seems to be uncooperative. Most parents would cooperate completely with LE to solve their daughters murder. Yes, they may have been cooperative in the beginning but why would you stop. Most people know that it is pretty common for the immediate family to be thoroughly checked out when a murder like this occurs. Obviously, Julia either knew her "killer" or at least let him in to her apartment. This is why the immediate family must be "cleared" to continue the investigation. I'm sorry, but I feel all the effort and resources being used on the current "sideshow" are just possibly allowing the real killer to distance himself from the investigation. I'm not saying that I condone child *advertiser censored* but whether that is a legitimate issue is still to be resolved by the courts. All I ask is for everyone on this thread to continue to "help" solve the murder. We can look at things both ways, assume JT is guilty of child *advertiser censored* or assume he is innocent of child *advertiser censored* and just had some dirty pictures on the computer. We will know the courts decision probably by July 1st. Onward and upward. I truly appreciate everyone's efforts and would love to have this investigation continue until the person who committed this terrible murder and permanently removed Julia from our lives is brought to justice. She will always be in my heart and memories but such a thing like this should not happen to anyone. I really can't "rest" until this is solved and Justice for Julia is complete. Then again, no matter what happens, nothing will bring her back to me... her loving smile, her bubbling personality, her voice saying "Oh grandpa" ; these I've lost forever for the rest of my life.

By far, the best and most helpful post here!

I personally feel after this trial that we will have a better idea of which direction the focus should go. You have known Jennifer much longer than any of the rest of us here, and I know your heart is hurting badly. I am sorry you have to be here to have your heart ripped open day after day.

Slinging mud in either direction and trying to blame outsiders for what went on in a family does no good in solving a murder. We seem to have a pretty good background of how the family dynamics appear, at least on the surface.

I am also certain KT has done the best she knew how, whether we approve or not. She obviously loves her daughters very much (going by posts I have seen from her and the girls, and the newspaper interviews/articles).

Having also lived in the Gaylord area for one year, my experience was that jobs were very menial, not very plentiful, and definitely did not pay well. I can understand that the time spent there was not very financially feasible. I believe the twins learned at a young age the value of an education toward their potential careers. Not that this has anything to do with the reason we are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristens5487