MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All! Just checking in to see what has been happening. I did talk to the lead detective today and there is nothing new to report. She seems very confident that this case will be solved soon (to which I say "sooner would be nice"). As far as I know, there is no connection between Chelsea's murder and Julia's. There is someone out there that knows the truth about Julia and maybe as time goes on the "guilt" will cause them to confess. I pray for resolution to this case each and every night. Justice for Julia !

It is encouraging to hear that the Det. thinks the case will be solved soon; I do too! I believe it will be the forensics vs. anyone's guilt. I think LE knows very well who perpetrated this horrid crime, and that there is most likely a long pattern of disturbing behavior. We shall see.

Justice for Julia!

Hi All! Just checking in to see what has been happening. I did talk to the lead detective today and there is nothing new to report. She seems very confident that this case will be solved soon (to which I say "sooner would be nice"). As far as I know, there is no connection between Chelsea's murder and Julia's. There is someone out there that knows the truth about Julia and maybe as time goes on the "guilt" will cause them to confess. I pray for resolution to this case each and every night. Justice for Julia !

Good to hear the lead detective in Julia's case seems very confident it will be solved soon. I too had thoughts of Julia's case in the last week, silly intuitions, that something may be developing behind the scenes.

I've checked around for any connection between DC (from Chelsea's case) and Julia, but didn't find anything solid. They are the same age and from Monroe, but there isn't any direct friendship connections besides Chelsea. But, I do not know for sure if Chelsea knew DC very well. Only time will tell as his trial unfolds.

Another day closer to JUSTICE FOR JULIA!
God Bless, and keep the faith!

Faith....and forensics results!

Agreed, and the astonishing thing is; Julia's case has more physical and digital evidence than a lot of cases, in general. Starting with: Julia, a secure location, some DNA (false or not), a timeline, electronics (phones, texts). Something has gotta come out of the evidence. LE just needs to keep digging deep into the evidence with the help of the lab. IMO..It's just a matter of time.

Agreed, and the astonishing thing is; Julia's case has more physical and digital evidence than a lot of cases, in general. Starting with: Julia, a secure location, some DNA (false or not), a timeline, electronics (phones, texts). Something has gotta come out of the evidence. LE just needs to keep digging deep into the evidence with the help of the lab. IMO..It's just a matter of time.

Agree 100%. The 4 year anniversary of this crime is rapidly approaching. It would be a blessing if the arrests come prior to that date.

So what is keeping this back? Lack of the right evidence? Matching DNA to a person? ?/??

So what is keeping this back? Lack of the right evidence? Matching DNA to a person? ?/??

Pure speculation, but I would guess that the type of advanced forensics work being done is very specialized with multiple agencies involved. Those type of resources have a long list of cases to go through. Then, the findings would have to be evaluated by the D.A.for trial suitability and assessment of potential for conviction. So specialized forensics with a backlog of cases, multiple agencies, and then district attorney involvement. Very time consuming. That's my guess.

Fear not, justice will be served. They know who did this, they are working on proving that. (OPINION ONLY)

Pure speculation, but I would guess that the type of advanced forensics work being done is very specialized with multiple agencies involved. Those type of resources have a long list of cases to go through. Then, the findings would have to be evaluated by the D.A.for trial suitability and assessment of potential for conviction. So specialized forensics with a backlog of cases, multiple agencies, and then district attorney involvement. Very time consuming. That's my guess.

Fear not, justice will be served. They know who did this, they are working on proving that. (OPINION ONLY)

:bump:

We are rapidly approaching the fourth "remembrance" of Julia being taken from our world. I hope and pray each and every night that this crime will be resolved soon. I don't like to call these "anniversaries" as people equate that to a "fun" celebration or good time. This event was not in any way a fun or happy time for me. Linda and I were to be home for that Christmas and Julia was so happy when she found out. Little did we know that we would be traveling to Michigan sooner than we had planned. I have faith that eventually this crime will be solved and hope it happens in my lifetime. My prayers will continue until this is solved. I'd like to thank everyone on here for their continuing support.

I am always checking and hoping for info that is going to break this case. Julia will get the Justice she deserves. I hope it is coming close now. Hard for me to realize FOUR years have passed .... it still "feels" recent to me. Much love to Julia's family. :heart:

We are rapidly approaching the fourth "remembrance" of Julia being taken from our world. I hope and pray each and every night that this crime will be resolved soon. I don't like to call these "anniversaries" as people equate that to a "fun" celebration or good time. This event was not in any way a fun or happy time for me. Linda and I were to be home for that Christmas and Julia was so happy when she found out. Little did we know that we would be traveling to Michigan sooner than we had planned. I have faith that eventually this crime will be solved and hope it happens in my lifetime. My prayers will continue until this is solved. I'd like to thank everyone on here for their continuing support. [RBBM]

Trojan, please accept our best wishes for a Thanksgiving for you and Linda, Grandma Rose, friends and family, as you would have it. Hugs t'all.

Thank you for your words, almost four years now of this torment for you. I'm sorry it's this way. She is still very much part of my world.

Continued thoughts and hope for Justice for Julia.

Trojan, please accept our best wishes for a Thanksgiving for you and Linda, Grandma Rose, friends and family, as you would have it. Hugs t'all.

Thank you for your words, almost four years now of this torment for you. I'm sorry it's this way. She is still very much part of my world.

Continued thoughts and hope for Justice for Julia.

Echoing Find's remarks. "The regulars" are surrounding you with thoughts and prayers as we enter this holiday season.
Most of all, I am praying for your unification of your family.
God Bless

Roses, I hope you are right about that last statement. But I don't think police knows who did this. If they knew, they would be able to match that person's DNA with the DNA from the gloves or the semen and there would soon be an arrest. (Although I still believe that it could be possible that both the gloves and the semen were planted. In that case, the DNA of the perpetrator may not match any crime scene evidence.)

Roses, I hope you are right about that last statement. But I don't think police knows who did this. If they knew, they would be able to match that person's DNA with the DNA from the gloves or the semen and there would soon be an arrest. (Although I still believe that it could be possible that both the gloves and the semen were planted. In that case, the DNA of the perpetrator may not match any crime scene evidence.)

I know there has been a theory that the glove was planted, but I don't see that as likely. I think it was a mistake, dropped in haste to depart. Maybe they were startled. The time lapse makes sense if the Perp didn't have a record; they'd have nothing to match to. I am speculating they are doing a thorough study on other crimes with a similar signature, and seeing if they can find any matches there are well. I would find it hard to believe this was the Perps first murder.

One thing I feel certain of. Like Chelsea's murder, there are people that KNOW, and are cowardly staying silent. I wish them sleepless nights.

I know there has been a theory that the glove was planted, but I don't see that as likely. I think it was a mistake, dropped in haste to depart. Maybe they were startled. The time lapse makes sense if the Perp didn't have a record; they'd have nothing to match to. I am speculating they are doing a thorough study on other crimes with a similar signature, and seeing if they can find any matches there are well. I would find it hard to believe this was the Perps first murder.

One thing I feel certain of. Like Chelsea's murder, there are people that KNOW, and are cowardly staying silent. I wish them sleepless nights.

The affidavit mentions a profiler who believes that the gloves were planted. I think they may be right. The gloves were left in front of the bathroom door. This is a place hard to overlook. There are also other signs of crime scene staging. For example, the room was in disarray, suggesting that it was a robbery. However, no valuables are missing. But I think it is also possible that they killer accidentally dropped the gloves while leaving.

I do believe that the perpetrator may have committed similar crimes before or after. If he is an EMU student, he may have come from somewhere else, and moved somewhere else after graduation. In that case, those similar crimes would have been committed in other parts of Michigan, or perhaps even other states.

Did anyone else, other than DC himself, know that DC killed Chelsea?

The affidavit mentions a profiler who believes that the gloves were planted. I think they may be right. The gloves were left in front of the bathroom door. This is a place hard to overlook. There are also other signs of crime scene staging. For example, the room was in disarray, suggesting that it was a robbery. However, no valuables are missing. But I think it is also possible that they killer accidentally dropped the gloves while leaving.

I do believe that the perpetrator may have committed similar crimes before or after. If he is an EMU student, he may have come from somewhere else, and moved somewhere else after graduation. In that case, those similar crimes would have been committed in other parts of Michigan, or perhaps even other states.

That would be interesting to know about DC. I remember on SM people would comment on stories about other news getting out or other stories implying maybe there was another person involved but I feel that was just for attention. Don't think he had a car so wonder if that will come out. Don't want to highjack the thread but it's hard not to want to connect the cases somehow with the connections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In my *opinion and speculation*, yes. Like Julia's murder, I find it hard to believe one person could have moved these bodies alone.
And respectfully monster, I do believe the poster from SM. I don't think those claims should be dismissed, but further investigated. Just my opinion, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CATCHASE