MI MI - Julia Niswender, 23, EMU student, Ypsilanti, 10 Dec 2012 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembering Julia today. Three years ago we lost this precious young lady. Praying the answers come soon. May the family have the endurance to keep Julia's case focused on finding the responsible person(s), the strength to work with legal authorities, and peace in their hearts.

Remembering Julia, as 3 years have past. It's not fair she was taken from from us so quickly and senselessly. As a believer of the afterlife, I know Julia is still with us every day, helping us and guiding us through our struggles. Justice for Julia.

It has been three long, terrible years since Julia was taken from us. Yesterday morning, I again felt that I needed to write something about this. Here it is........

"It's Been Three Long Years"

Three years have come and time continues to go by,
In my heart I know my Julia dear is watching from the sky.
I’ve always missed you with all my heart,
It’s hard for me knowing that we’ll always be apart.
One day soon we’ll find justice - that’s for certain,
And when we do we’ll know it won’t be the final curtain.
There will be a trial and a verdict will be clear,
But it will never bring you back my Julia dear.
My life will go on until that one day,
I’ll meet you in heaven and you will say –
“Oh Grandpa I’ve missed you oh so bad,
Today is the day you no longer need to be sad.”

Grandpa Jim Niswender
December 11, 2015

My thoughts are with Julia's family and friends as we are nearing the 3rd anniversary of her murder.

I have faith that her murder will be solved eventually. Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of faith that the detectives who are working on it now will solve it. Basically, they admitted more than a year ago that they ran out of leads. IMO, this case needs some fresh eyes looking at it. Also I think investigators should focus on the physical evidence, even though they do not seem to have much of it. If they ever find out who the finger prints on the gloves belong to, it will solve the case.

It would not be wise for the police to be stalling because JT is not making a formal statement. If he is involved he won't incriminate himself. If he isn't involved then he wouldn't really have any useful information beyond what he has already told LE.

I think it is a misconception that only guilty people need lawyers, or that only guilty people need good lawywers. I watched forensic files a couple days ago on the case of Ray Krone, who was on death row and wrongly accused. In fact, he had been convicted twice for a murder that he did not commit. The conviction was based on having the same blood as the perpetrator, knowing the victim, and having a "snaggletooth" like the perp. I am not sure how good his lawywer was, but a better lawyer probably could have saved him from death row. The defense lawyer didn't have time to properly review the expert witness statements (which turned out to be completely misleading).

Why do you think that? Do you feel the gloves were staged or not? It's an interesting statement, which is why I'm curious.

Do you feel they are stalled because of this reason or combination of issues pertaining to the case?

To my knowledge JT's lawyer shut down communication but I could missed an article saying this was the reason for no formal statement. LE hasn't given me the impression this is the reason either. I'm more incline to think it's about not incriminating himself and possibly others.

People use lawyers for many reasons so I don't believe everyone is guilty that hires one. But a good lawyer is always important to a criminal and a bad lawyer is harmful to the innocent.

I can certainly think of individuals who have done this in Julia's case. There is one particular statement made that holds no water when you dig deeper into it. Lots of colorful misleading going on...as always...:moo:

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor...ators_family_still_see.html#incart_river_home

Here is a new article. No new facts though as far as I can tell.

Thank you for posting this...I caught this line and wondered what lab results are they waiting on?

Ypsilanti police Lt. Deric Gress said Tuesday that investigators are waiting on some laboratory results, but confirmed the case remains active.

Does she really feel this way? This is sad because I see many people here wanting to help.
Kim said that has made her feel as though she can no longer ask for the public's help in finding her daughter's killers.

Days before Julia's death? Wasn't their lunch on Dec. 9th?
Jennifer said she will forever remember the happy lunch she and her half-sister shared with Julia in the days before her death.

This is the second article I have read today that the information seems different from what I have heard previously. The lab results is new information. Are these results coming from evidence submitted earlier or something else going on being kept quiet by LE?

Why do you think that? Do you feel the gloves were staged or not? It's an interesting statement, which is why I'm curious.
I think the gloves are probably staged, but not necessarily. It would be stupid beyond belief to leave the gloves
if the perps DNA is on it. But it is also not so smart to stage it like this, because it is so obvious that police won't
buy it. If I had staged it, I would have thrown the gloves in some bushes in the proximity of the apartment. That
way, police would find the stupidity of the perp believable.

But even if the gloves are staged. If we find out who's DNA it is, then this likely would tell us where the gloves came from
and who had access to it.
Do you feel they are stalled because of this reason or combination of issues pertaining to the case?
I think the police don't have any leads. There is more they could do, but I think at this point they are not going to
commit many resources. There have been several murders since Julia's.
To my knowledge JT's lawyer shut down communication but I could missed an article saying this was the reason for no formal statement. LE hasn't given me the impression this is the reason either. I'm more incline to think it's about not incriminating himself and possibly others.
JT lawyer stated, that he does not want JT to make a formal statement, because he believes that the police will try
make him "trip up".
People use lawyers for many reasons so I don't believe everyone is guilty that hires one. But a good lawyer is always important to a criminal and a bad lawyer is harmful to the innocent.
Regardless of whether you are innocent or guilty, you want a good lawyer.

I can certainly think of individuals who have done this in Julia's case. There is one particular statement made that holds no water when you dig deeper into it. Lots of colorful misleading going on...as always...:moo:
What statement would that be?

My take on family entering the apartment IMO is, they first were allowed to enter, then ushered out and forced to sit in the lobby. Pure speculation, upon first finding Julia YPD didn't know they had a possible homicide on their hands. They notified the family early, to report the death, which is customary.

In regards to the family showing up at Julia's apartment, KT reacted like a caring, concerned and shocked parent would in keeping with such tragic news. KT and JN (twin) trying to storm the bedroom/bath area and being stopped by YPD seems in keeping with as well.

As for KT looking at JT and that's how he knew, IDK what to think. I would guess if someone was called to a adult child's apartment who was reported missing by roommates and LE and an ambulance were at the scene, a person would know something very tragic was happening. Someone was injured in someway or having a medical problem, at the very least. But how JT could know it was Julia's death by just looking at KT, in her distraught state, again IDK. How could you just know it was death? LE and an ambulance will show up if a person is: unconscious, beaten, raped or out of their mind. Now, this is KT's statement, not JT's so without hearing from JT, I find it difficult to know for sure if JT agrees with KT's statement.

What I was referring to was the storming around the apartment, punching of the refrigerator, ripping up decorations and other items at the crime scene. Not them running in and being stopped at the bedroom door. Source

Kim and Jen ran into the apartment, but an officer came out of Julia's bedroom and blocked the doorway.

Shocked, hurt and angry, Kim stormed around the apartment and begin to cry and scream.

"I punched the refrigerator," Kim said. "I was screaming. I thought it was a bad dream. She had decorated for the holidays and had snowflakes all over. I went into this rage and ripped them off.

Jim showed up and he came in the apartment and kind of just looked at me and that’s when he knew."
We know how well JT is talking so I doubt we will get his version of what that look told him.

I think the gloves are probably staged, but not necessarily. It would be stupid beyond belief to leave the gloves
if the perps DNA is on it. But it is also not so smart to stage it like this, because it is so obvious that police won't
buy it. If I had staged it, I would have thrown the gloves in some bushes in the proximity of the apartment. That
way, police would find the stupidity of the perp believable.

But even if the gloves are staged. If we find out who's DNA it is, then this likely would tell us where the gloves came from
and who had access to it.

I think the police don't have any leads. There is more they could do, but I think at this point they are not going to
commit many resources. There have been several murders since Julia's.

JT lawyer stated, that he does not want JT to make a formal statement, because he believes that the police will try
make him "trip up".

Regardless of whether you are innocent or guilty, you want a good lawyer.

What statement would that be?

Thanks for explaining that on the gloves. Those are puzzling with two male DNA found plus Julia's blood.

Trip him up...interesting words.

That's a given when you look for one but sometimes you never know what you got until it's too late.

The statement about JT being upset over Julia's dating choices. I don't believe that for a moment.

The statement about JT being upset over Julia's dating choices. I don't believe that for a moment.
Are you saying that you believe that JT was not upset over Julia's dating choices?
I think it is true that he did not approve of some of the men that Julia was hanging out with.
So far I have not anyone (LE, and both sides of the family divide) say otherwise.

Most parents do not like everyone their children date...... but the choice is not ours to make. Just saying, for no particular reason.

Weird comments from people who claim (and I believe) to be members of the family. Not unexpected, but weird to me nonetheless. I wonder if they moved to the AA/Ypsi area?

Also find it odd that they go comment on these articles. Everyone knows those comments are usually just to spark arguments or place blame. I feel somewhere like here would be more worth their time, but instead they go post on comments after people that probably barely read the article or don't know anything about the case. I hate reading the comments of articles or on Facebook bc people are so clueless and dumb.... Since I can't really think of another way to state that. [emoji20] I just feel if it was my family I would be staying away from articles that would just cause people to post comments which are usually just their worthless thoughts. (Like this ) [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also find it odd that they go comment on these articles. Everyone knows those comments are usually just to spark arguments or place blame. I feel somewhere like here would be more worth their time, but instead they go post on comments after people that probably barely read the article or don't know anything about the case. I hate reading the comments of articles or on Facebook bc people are so clueless and dumb.... Since I can't really think of another way to state that. I just feel if it was my family I would be staying away from articles that would just cause people to post comments which are usually just their worthless thoughts. (Like this )

rsbm

Agreed, monster. I would add the comments seem tasteless, crass, desperate, sad and very unworthy of Julia's memory. Sad that it seems JT gets this kind of blind and clueless loyalty from her mom and sister. Has to be some sort of Stockholm Syndrome it may be possible where they just don't realize how they come off to the rest of the world. It seems so low of them and tragic even. Imagine what Julia would have gone through challenging them? No wonder she moved out. I guess she was not allowed to get too far in end.

I took Kim ripping off the snowflakes as a hostile act removing traces of Julia's attempt at happiness apart from them. It seems like an act anger, diffidence but not of grief, messed up however you see it or explain it. At this point, I don't believe her remorse or a word she utters. She's too far gone down the road of incredulity too concede to reality. After all, she would have to admit to herself she is married to a child molesting murderer if JT is more than a POI. I think the hostility and anger the two display is a futile batting away at the reality they have been avoiding.

Also find it odd that they go comment on these articles. Everyone knows those comments are usually just to spark arguments or place blame. I feel somewhere like here would be more worth their time, but instead they go post on comments after people that probably barely read the article or don't know anything about the case. I hate reading the comments of articles or on Facebook bc people are so clueless and dumb.... Since I can't really think of another way to state that. [emoji20] I just feel if it was my family I would be staying away from articles that would just cause people to post comments which are usually just their worthless thoughts. (Like this ) [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll never know when or where you'll find a gem. Sometimes you have to sift through a large pile of "you know what" to find what you might need. The only problem I've got is I remember most of what I've read, but can't tell from where it came from. Here that causes a few minor problems....

rsbm

Agreed, monster. I would add the comments seem tasteless, crass, desperate, sad and very unworthy of Julia's memory. Sad that it seems JT gets this kind of blind and clueless loyalty from her mom and sister. Has to be some sort of Stockholm Syndrome it may be possible where they just don't realize how they come off to the rest of the world. It seems so low of them and tragic even. Imagine what Julia would have gone through challenging them? No wonder she moved out. I guess she was not allowed to get too far in end.

I took Kim ripping off the snowflakes as a hostile act removing traces of Julia's attempt at happiness apart from them. It seems like an act anger, diffidence but not of grief, messed up however you see it or explain it. At this point, I don't believe her remorse or a word she utters. She's too far gone down the road of incredulity too concede to reality. After all, she would have to admit to herself she is married to a child molesting murderer if JT is more than a POI. I think the hostility and anger the two display is a futile batting away at the reality they have been avoiding.

Yes, Kim and Jennifer are angry. But ask yourself, after you daughter/sister has been brutally murdered, your husband/father has been falsely accused of a sex crime and murder, and after being accused and threatened by people just for supporting the husband/father because those people believe that you are suffering from stockholm syndrome or some other mentally disorder,
would you perhaps feel angry? I think I would.

How can, after just hearing that your child has been murdered, ripping some paper snowflakes be constructed as a hostile act? It is just an expression of anger, because your child has been suddenly taken from you.

Seems to me one would be more in shock and disbelief when first told about the murder of their child. The anger would come later. JMO

Honestly, we still do not know if the stepfather was falsely accused of anything. The not guilty just means that crime was not proven beyond doubt. He could still have had child *advertiser censored*, or maybe not. No one has been completely cleared of the murder, so everyone could be considered a possible POI.... but he has never been called a suspect. By public opinion of some, perhaps.... but that should not interfere with cooperating to find the actual murderer, no matter how much scrutiny one's family has to endure. It seems parents of any murdered child would do all they can to prove they were not involved and give whatever information they have (if any) to investigators. How can an investigation be thorough without the parents' cooperation? Do they not realize their lack of cooperation makes it seem they have something to hide?

It is unfortunate for a family to have to go through negative scrutiny, but only they can remove the suspicions that may be present.

JMO

B_S:

You seem familiar with the language of intimidation, to my ear, so your answers, your take-aways and the events around them don't surprise me, as futile and misplaced as they may seem.

The only play left now to the JT defenders is to make LE seem incompetent, since instilling fear in those who question his innocence seems to have petered out at this point. JT had to retreat or chose to move his family out of town, after all.

It has become blatantly self-evident and palpably undeniable that there are those concerned enough to protect the truth at great expense and effort even three years past whatever made Julia's murder necessary.

And now it's time again to decorate for Christmas. In Julia's memory...

[video=youtube;DChDhKFHVO4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DChDhKFHVO4[/video]

It has been three long, terrible years since Julia was taken from us. Yesterday morning, I again felt that I needed to write something about this. Here it is........

Grandpa Jim Niswender
December 11, 2015

Grandpa Jim Niswender
December 11, 2015

Trojan_1966, this a very beautiful, special poem. I've read it several times as I return to Julia's page for updates. It's been a source of strength and hope in examining Julia's unsolved case, in it's third year. We must hold steadfast to our faith in knowing there will be a trial and verdict. Justice for Julia.

It has become blatantly self-evident and palpably undeniable that there are those concerned enough to protect the truth at great expense and effort even three years past whatever made Julia's murder necessary.
Indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member