Found Deceased MI - Karl Marker, 87, Saginaw, 17 Sept 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Statewide search launched for missing 87-year-old Saginaw County man

Prayers that he's found soon.

It struck me as odd that he left home at 8:00, and by 9:50 the police had been called. I wonder if he was normally reachable by cell phone or something?
Statements from your link,--seems his routine that was disrupted and the fact that he has dementia, these would precipitate a faster search. IMO

According to Marker’s family he has dementia. The statewide search has been active since Thursday. Police say they have investigated and exhausted every lead so far.

On Friday morning a tip directed investigators to the James Township Hall where a person matching Marker’s description was asking for directions to the mall.

MSP conducted ground and air searches of the surrounding area and every possible route between Marker’s home and the mall, but were not successful.

Police believe Marker may have traveled outside of the Tri-City area.

He was heading to the Fashion Square Mall, in Saginaw, where he would frequently go to walk for about an hour. Marker did not return home.

He was last seen driving his 2011 GMC Savannah van. It is described as a light tan or silver in color vehicle with a Michigan license plate AUY500. According to Marker’s family he suffers from dementia.

[...]

Marker is a 87-year-old white male, approximately 5’7” tall and 185 pounds. He has blue eyes and grey hair.

Sacred-Heart-Catholic-School-2.png
MSP: Statewide search for missing downstate man | WJMN - UPMatters.com

Having grown up in Saginaw, I can tell you that James Township Hall (where he was supposedly sighted asking for directions) is *not* on the way from Kochville Township to Fashion Square Mall.

Poor man, he must've gotten turned around and confused. I hope he's found soon, and safe.

State-wide search underway for a missing 87-year-old from Saginaw County

Marker was last seen at James Township Hall in Saginaw that same Thursday at 11 a.m.

Since then, the family says it’s been quiet, pushing them to drive throughout the area, and see if he stopped at any of his favorites places, like McDonald’s.

“He’s a lover of McDonald’s. He liked to walk the Fashion Square Mall. After going for a walk, he would stop at McDonalds, and get a coffee,” said Flachs.

https://twitter.com/mspbayregion/status/1308785577270161408
23 Sep 2020
Eim9KrYWkAQ00aC

Eim9MMZXkAAHGnv
Eim9NRgWAAM0vkw

MSP searching statewide for missing Saginaw 87-year-old with dementia
26 Sep 2020

• He was last seen driving his light tan or silver 2011 GMC Savannah van, MSP said. The license plate number is AUY 500.
  • Marker may have traveled "well outside" the Saginaw area, MSP said in a news release.

Search for missing man takes to the air
  • Posted Sep 24, 2020
Snipped
A family member with a private plane spent Friday, Sept. 25 flying over Michigan looking down with high-powered binoculars for any sign of Karl’s vehicle...

Family member KF says it’s a non-stop effort. “We can’t sit still. If you look around me, it’s empty. Because everyone is out looking for him. We wake up in the morning, we make a plan, and we execute it to the best of our ability. It’s all hands on deck, everyone’s out there, everyone’s looking. We don’t have the ability to sit down and wait.” Each morning a plan is devised around a map, split into quadrants. The family separates and searches every road within their section, in search of any sign of Karl. “You can see from the map we sectioned it by quadrants, gave everyone a task, and we drove every road in that area,” Flachs explained.

Family doubles reward money as search for missing 87-year-old man continues

*snip*
The family said in a news release they are increasing the reward on the opening day of bow hunting season “in hopes a fellow hunter may find his vehicle while on their travels.”

“If you are hunter, please keep an eye out when you are headed outdoors,” per the release. “Please check on your commute to work and in your neighborhood at home. Please continue to share on social media with #FindGrandpa.”

Family asking hunters to look for Karl Marker, increasing reward
4 days ago

Snipped
His family hopes that, with archery hunting season starting tomorrow, more people will be in areas that haven't been searched yet.

"If you knew my dad, you'd know that he's very resourceful,” she said. “He grew up on a farm, he always took care of himself, he, if there's, he will find a way to get what he needs to survive."

His daughter says Marker has dementia that has worsened over the past few months and likely is without his medications.

This is fairly local to me. I just can’t believe it’s been 3 weeks and no sign. It’s crazy. Whenever I’m out driving, I’m looking. The poor family is anguished. I keep wondering if he left the area completely. I’m hoping he’s found safe and soon.

Damn I hate to see stuff like this. If you have someone close to you with diminishing capacity who still needs independence, make sure they keep their phone with them with location service you can check and/or aftermarket car tracking if the car has no on-star. Even if it's just a cheap prepaid phone with a location sharing app that stays plugged in in their car "for emergencies"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobPick
Back