GUILTY MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Poor little angel. We love you. I think about you often!

I hate this case (and Lisa Irwin's too). I was 6 months pregnant with my own daughter when Baby Kate disappeared, and because of that I think about baby Kate often. I am so in love with my own little girl. The very thought of her being taken, missing, possibly dead or who even knows makes me want to collapse. So innocent, so helpless. All she could do at that age was smile, and she was just starting to laugh.

I don't know if the mom has anything to do with this or not. I do know that if it was me, I'd be alternating between wanting to beat the one responsible into a bloody pulp and begging, screaming for him to tell me where she is. I don't think I would be allowed to visit in jail because of the problems I would be causing. I can't say for sure though. I can't even speculate on this very much because I can't even bear the thought of it happening to me.

I read this thread occasionally, and if it weren't for Websleuths, I wouldn't know anything about this Michigan case. I've never read or heard anything about it in the local media. Ludington is in the northwest lower peninsular along Lake Michigan, and I live in north-suburban Detroit where this case has not been covered; I don't even recall reports when the child first went missing. I'll be interested in the outcome of the trial.

Yeah, this case was in the news at first and Nancy Grace was all over it for a few days but then it just seemed to disappear. I check in on things often.

IMO- Ariel (mom) has known all along what happened. The comments today from her former boss about her saying she wished that Kate would disappear just made me really sad. I wish i could believe that theres a family out there taking Kate to the beach right now, giving her everything a child should have, loving her unconditionally. But, i don't think these parents are smart enough to outsmart the FBI in relocating Kate without a trace. Killing her, maybe.

Jury is out. It's sad that although he can be locked up for up to 15 years, we will probably never know what happened. Frustrating and tragic.

Jury is deliberating, one juror is having blood pressure issues and they just asked for clarification on the 'secret confinement', was is a secret just from Ariel or from everyone. Judge said either/or.

Hopefully this wont take long. Bottom line is, this baby is gone, Sean knows what happened and he should get to sit in tiny concrete room for the next 15 years thinking about what got him there.

I know they want to convict him of something but this whole trial makes no sense to me...not finding out what happened to Kate and probably never will now. I wish they had followed Detroit's lead and charged him with murder, as with Bianca...now, unless they happen to find this tiny baby's body, which is very unlikely, no one will ever really pay. JMO

I know they want to convict him of something but this whole trial makes no sense to me...not finding out what happened to Kate and probably never will now. I wish they had followed Detroit's lead and charged him with murder, as with Bianca...now, unless they happen to find this tiny baby's body, which is very unlikely, no one will ever really pay. JMO

I agree wholeheartedly; however, there is a big difference here. They do not have blood evidence to prove that she is deceased. In little Bianca's case, they have a hit from a dog indicating that she was deceased. They also have some blood evidence. With Sean, they only have that he took his own child and her clothes were in his pocket. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

He will receive sentencing June 5th at 3 PM. I hope this judge gives him maximum.

It is frustrating to know he can serve this time and never have to answer to where she is/what he did to her. But, I am glad they got him on SOMETHING and that he isn't walking out of there totally off the hook.

I can only conclude he killed her. Nothing else makes sense. If he 'gave her to a guy' i am pretty sure he would have talked by now. Ariel told co-workers/family that he told her that 'she's in the river'. I think that might possibly be the closest we get to the truth on this.

I agree wholeheartedly; however, there is a big difference here. They do not have blood evidence to prove that she is deceased. In little Bianca's case, they have a hit from a dog indicating that she was deceased. They also have some blood evidence. With Sean, they only have that he took his own child and her clothes were in his pocket. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I know...but I think there is a good chance a jury would have concluded she is dead, just as we have...:(

You can't always have a crime scene, sometimes LE just has to be bold...especially when there is NO chance the child left on her own and met with an accident or was picked up/abducted that way...

JMO

My opinion is that if there is ANY hope this precious baby is alive, it will come out between now and sentencing. They will probably hit him with the max because technically, he is still 'hiding' her. If he killed her (shudder), he will take his 15yrs. - The only thing worse than 15 years in prison is 25 to life (KWIM?)

JMO

I don't see how he can live with himself!

Did they ever release any psych evals of him? He has to be a sociopath or something. How can you kill your own baby?! This guy makes me so angry... :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDowden72
Back