GUILTY MI - Katherine 'Kate' Phillips, 4 mos, Ludington, 29 June 2011 (Deceased/Not Found)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I understand that anyone who would impulsively take a baby isn't going to act logically. But REALLY? Is it better to face murder charges than to have a DNA test prove you are a father???

He clearly did not want this child. Oh sure, don't leave the state. Don't just ignore the mother's phone calls. Don't just skip on child support. No. Let's take the beautiful girl from her mother and most likely do something horrific.

I would love to have the hope that he gave Kate to someone. But that would require a plan, time, and someone else to cooperate who can't be tied to you for the police to track down.

I have little hope for this precious, innocent little baby girl.

Totally agree.

The mom said in the 911 call that the father wasn't answering his cell. Any chance LE can use his pings to trace his activities from the time he took the baby until he showed back up?

They are not married. I think it is joint custody but i don't know the details surrounding it. He's in court in the morning. I was reading somewhere earlier that he was in Wendy's at 1:20 pm, left her apartment less than 10 minutes before, no Kate with him at Wendy's. That doesn't leave much time or space for him to have done something. It's very strange.

Didn't the Wendy's citing turn out to be false?

What a horrible thing. And what a coward.

I'm convinced too that he killed her...it just stands to reason that the only reasons you undress a baby is to either redress them in different cloths or to bathe them or put them in water. I know early on there was some talk of a lake and LE was asking for any witnesses that may have seen a certain vehicle near that lake. I really believe he put her in the lake then hid her cloths.
It will be interesting to see how his trial plays out in light of Casey's trial. I think generally society is much harder on men that it is on women. I really think even if they don't find her body that he will be charged with murder.

For a scent . I think he needed a scent. If her story isnt true they should look for a plastic baggie that held the clothes.. Also maybe they should look for a connection to someone in DHS ,He had to to of going there for a reason. Most people call agencies from ads looking for adoptive families dont they?

I read one of the articles that said a man mowing saw him down the road from his parents, opposite end of road. It was 45 minutes before he came back by this man. I don't know if there is water there or not, but i'll bet that baby is there somewhere.

I just don't understand how there can be so many of these crazies that hurt there own babies. I read page after page of the crime spotlight on children, I cried so many times. I didn't know this was as common as it is since so few are made into national news stories. It just breaks my heart and makes me lose faith in the human race.

Another thing that really bothers me about this case is the mothers comment about using the donations to pay for a funeral if the baby is found dead. What mother even goes there? Most do not give up hope until a body is found.

Wow, in the description of Baby Kate it states that she was 12 pounds.
12 pounds. It just hit me like a ton of bricks how very helpless you are at 12 pounds. At the mercy of those who are supposed to care for you and keep you safe. Prayers for Baby Kate. Such a sad story.

KATHERINE PHILLIPS, Age Now: 5 Month(s), Missing: 06/29/2011. Missing From LUDINGTON, MI. ANYONE HAVING INFORMATION SHOULD CONTACT: Ludington Police Department (Michigan) 1-231-869-5858.

More...

I have not heard anything about the Wendy's sighting being false. I thought it had been confirmed actually.

The area where the neighbor saw Sean was searched heavily for at least a week and nothing was found there. You do have to wonder what he was doing for 45 minutes. Maybe he was making up his story? I do not know of any water in that specific area. It is quite wooded, though.

I am curious to hear more about Crystal (Hackert) Lake. That lake is directly on his way home from Wendy's and not far at all from his home. Why was LE interested in that lake? What sort of tip did they receive? I never heard anything further on that. There are so many other bodies of water in the Ludington area. Ludington is right on Lake Michigan, but there are countless other small lakes and rivers and swampy areas and such.

As far as Ariel's statements, sadly she has experienced a lot of tragedy in the past year. Two of her siblings committed suicide, one not long before Kate went missing. Perhaps she just expects a bad outcome based on the past. Honestly, I am a mother and I would start to expect the worst also if my baby was missing for so long. I would be holding out hope, but statistics would be against me and I am sure those thoughts would be in my mind.

I know rewards hardly ever help solve a case, but I do wish some company would step up with a larger reward for this baby girl...it is pitifully small...chances are the company would never have to pay it anyway...

I read one of the articles that said a man mowing saw him down the road from his parents, opposite end of road. It was 45 minutes before he came back by this man. I don't know if there is water there or not, but i'll bet that baby is there somewhere.

I just don't understand how there can be so many of these crazies that hurt there own babies. I read page after page of the crime spotlight on children, I cried so many times. I didn't know this was as common as it is since so few are made into national news stories. It just breaks my heart and makes me lose faith in the human race.

Another thing that really bothers me about this case is the mothers comment about using the donations to pay for a funeral if the baby is found dead. What mother even goes there? Most do not give up hope until a body is found.

Do we have an address for the parents home? I'd like to see this area on a map. TIA

I know rewards hardly ever help solve a case, but I do wish some company would step up with a larger reward for this baby girl...it is pitifully small...chances are the company would never have to pay it anyway...

I wonder if there are any reward funds via the governor like they have in TN. If there are, and it works the same way, then Kate's mom could request the DA to send the request to the governor.

Didn't the Wendy's citing turn out to be false?

What a horrible thing. And what a coward.

I did hear something somewhere that this had not been proved. However i don't know where! I do know that the girl making the claim that she saw him is also a friend of theirs, she has photo's of Kate on her FB page and they seemed to be more than just passing acquaintances.

I check for updates on this everyday, i just cannot understand what goes through these peoples minds. There is a child out there, dead or alive, i could not be a police officer in a case like this, i'd beat the living crap out of this guy.

I would consider that an option except there wasn't time for him to have lined up an adopter. Just that morning he had tried to get them into CPS, went straight to her home and he took off. If this had happened over a week's time, instead of under an hour, it would seem possible.

Unless he had already been making plans and was in contact with someone, just waiting for the right moment to take off with the baby.

I don't think I will ever understand someone who could harm a child, even if it's not their own. My heart bleeds for all the precious little ones who have been killed, no matter who does it. I can't process in my mind a parent killing their own child, it's horrifying.
I fear for this baby, I hope she is found safe and sound soon.

Was the DNA test for child support purposes?

From what I read in this article, no.

http://www.mlive.com/news/muskegon/index.ssf/2011/07/mother_of_missing_ludington_ba.html

“I wanted him to take a DNA test that day because he didn't want to tell his parents that Kate is his. I was sick of it and said, 'Forget it, I'm not going to keep lying to your parents,' and we figured if he gets the paternity test, then we could show his parents the piece of paper,” Courtland said.

Unless he had already been making plans and was in contact with someone, just waiting for the right moment to take off with the baby.

I don't think I will ever understand someone who could harm a child, even if it's not their own. My heart bleeds for all the precious little ones who have been killed, no matter who does it. I can't process in my mind a parent killing their own child, it's horrifying.
I fear for this baby, I hope she is found safe and sound soon.

However, if had given the baby to someone there'd be no reason to tell the baby's mom that he didn't want to spend the rest of his life in jail.

However, if had given the baby to someone there'd be no reason to tell the baby's mom that he didn't want to spend the rest of his life in jail.

Do you have a link to where it says this? I have been trying to keep up with this but seems it's going cold.

So this poor baby is still missing. I guess I don't understand why more isn't being done as far as attempting to extract information from the father. He is, after all, as far as we know, the last person to be with the baby. And I don't want to speculate too much, but I just wish I was seeing more emotion. Tears? I dunno. I have to tell myself we all handle things differently and maybe somebody is in shock, but something definitely stinks for raw fish in this case.

ok, edited to add that I didn't know the dad was being held in jail. Good. I'm glad of that at least.

*prayers for Baby Kate*

He's in court next week. Things seem quiet on this which is very sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back