MI MI - Kellie Brownlee, 17, Novi, 20 May 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am Carrie, the one that made the call to Kellie's mom, Loretta. I am new to this site and have read all the comments and you all have no idea how much I appreciate all of you keeping Kellie in your prayers. All these years later and I miss her so much. I will never ever give up hope that we find Kellie and bring her home. My heart is broken.

Hi Carrie,
Welcome to the site. I lived down the street from Kellie and over a few houses. There was about 10-14 of us that all played together. I miss her beautiful smile and infectious laugh so much. Her younger brother passed away last year. I always say he is going to bring Kellie home. They were all great kids. I can't imagine how hard it was to tell Loretta. I think Kellie left Mercy when she moved to Walled Lake. Where we lived, we had 3 public high schools we could choose to go to. None of them were Walled Lake. So I am assuming thats when she went. Not for sure though.

Paul was an abuser to both Kim and Kellie. Paul didn't work...he stalked Kellie. Kellie's mom worked and supported the family as best she could. Paul claimed on the day Kellie disappeared, he went to the gym and then the cemetary to lay flowers for a family member.

Hi Carrie,
Welcome to the site. I lived down the street from Kellie and over a few houses. There was about 10-14 of us that all played together. I miss her beautiful smile and infectious laugh so much. Her younger brother passed away last year. I always say he is going to bring Kellie home. They were all great kids. I can't imagine how hard it was to tell Loretta. I think Kellie left Mercy when she moved to Walled Lake. Where we lived, we had 3 public high schools we could choose to go to. None of them were Walled Lake. So I am assuming thats when she went. Not for sure though.

Kellie's laugh and smile were infectious! I miss her so much :'( Would that be Michael that passed away? Kellie left Our Lady of Mercy, attended Farmington Hills HS for a very short time. When the abuse was too much, she left her home and moved to Walled Lake with her boyfriend and his family and started attend Walled Lake Western.

Paul was an abuser to both Kim and Kellie. Paul didn't work...he stalked Kellie. Kellie's mom worked and supported the family as best she could. Paul claimed on the day Kellie disappeared, he went to the gym and then the cemetary to lay flowers for a family member.

Wasn't the cemetary close to where Kellie disappeared? Seems I read that somewhere. Maybe the one at 12 Mile and Novi Road. If that is the one, that was right there across from Twelve Oaks.

Kellie was last seen in the parking lot of 12 Oaks Mall by a friends mother around 11:00 am. The friends mother asked Kellie if she needed a ride home and Kellie said no as she wanted to put in more applications.

Kellie's laugh and smile were infectious! I miss her so much :'( Would that be Michael that passed away? Kellie left Our Lady of Mercy, attended Farmington Hills HS for a very short time. When the abuse was too much, she left her home and moved to Walled Lake with her boyfriend and his family and started attend Walled Lake Western.

It was Mark that passed. The youngest. I can still see him running across the grass when we played "Capture the Flag". I had left MI from Spring 1982 to Fall 1983 to move to Houston with my brother. When I moved home it was still big news. I just could not believe it. I still can't believe it.

Kellie was last seen in the parking lot of 12 Oaks Mall by a friends mother around 11:00 am. The friends mother asked Kellie if she needed a ride home and Kellie said no as she wanted to put in more applications.

Maybe Paul pulled into 12 Oaks and saw her. In all the years we were neighbors, I only saw Paul once through the screen door going into the house from the garage.

Be it Paul, Arthur Reams or someone else, I will never give up on bringing Kellie home.
I do believe that Arthur Ream has multiple victims, but I don't believe that Kellie is one of them. I am thoroughly convinced that she was abducted and murdered by her stepfather Paul. Southwest Oakland County was still very rural then; he could have buried Kellie anywhere. Just over the county line in Northville, there are some former gravel pits that are very deep and filled with water. Houses have since been built around them, but back in the 80s those pits would have offered privacy. I'm convinced that they contain many murder victims.

I believe it was her stepfather too..Does anyone know what cemetary he went to the day Kellie disappeared? Cemeteries are usually empty and that is where people bury their loved ones.
Carrie, I will never stop trying to bring her home as well. I try to think of places she might be. I can't imagine that Paul would have gone too far out to place her somewhere. Was his car scoured for evidence, and if so, is there anything that could be sent for DNA analysis?

I believe it was her stepfather too..Does anyone know what cemetary he went to the day Kellie disappeared? Cemeteries are usually empty and that is where people bury their loved ones.
Carrie, I will never stop trying to bring her home as well. I try to think of places she might be. I can't imagine that Paul would have gone too far out to place her somewhere. Was his car scoured for evidence, and if so, is there anything that could be sent for DNA analysis?

Still trying to the hang of Websleuths...Paul was not a suspect at the on set of Kellie's disappearance, so the car he was driving at that time was never scoured for evidence. The focus was her friends at that time. We all told the investigating PD, stop looking at us and look at Paul. The PD failed. Several factors to be included. 1) When Kellie went missing, it was reported by her parents that she lived with them in West Bloomfield ~ FALSE! This delayed so much in her case as people were looking in West Bloomfield for her, instead of Novi and Walled Lake. The abuse she suffered from Paul was squashed for a long time, even though there was a conviction against him from Kellie's sister Kim. I don't know the name of cemetary he visited that day, but he told PD that it was one of Loretta's parents. The original Detective investigated Kellie's case was Detective Nelson. ...he was friends with Paul and got him off with Kim's case from the 70's. I still believe Paul was responsible for Kellie's disappearance, but have to admit, when Arthur Reams was thrown into the mix, I had hope for resolution and to bring Kellie home.

Ugh...the good ole boys club. I wonder if Nelson ever regretted getting him off?

I listened to a podcast last night about Kellie's disappearance along with 3 other girls. The cemetery was the Novi Cemetary. Oakland Hills Memorial Gardens is the name of the cemetery. Right across the street from 12 Oaks Mall. 12 Mile and Novi Road. In the podcast it said he went to the cemetary 1st, came home, than went to the gym. I thought it was the other way around. Anyways, if he saw Kellie hitchiking and picked her up, he would probably want to dispose of her quick. With all the building in the area the last 37 years, if he buried her in the area, surely she would have been found by now.
I am thinking that maybe he buried her at the cemetary. He could have parked at 12 Oaks previously, walked to the cemetary, picked out a spot, maybe even started digging. Left and came back to finish digging, and when he saw Kellie, maybe asked her if she wanted to visit her grandmothers grave, than hit her with the shovel that he had left at the cemetary, put her in the hole he dug, and split. Changed his clothes elsewhere, maybe burned them or tossed in a dumpster. Came home, showered and went to gym. Maybe even buried her with the grandmother on top of coffin. You can cut grass and pull it up like sod. Than place it back and nobody would know it was messed with. Cadaver dogs would have a hard time finding her. Back in 1982, that was rural. Usually only a few people work at a cemetery. Maybe someplace just off the cemetery property. Near a stream maybe or under a big tree that would kind of hide him.
I could be 100% wrong but it may be worth a search. I cant see him just putting her on an empty plot of land. He would have to put her on top of someones casket underground. Someone recently buried. Or a hole previously dug for and upcoming burial. I would see who was buried that day, and the days around the date she disappeared.
It may seem far fetched but he said he was at the cemetery and I'm assuming someone verified he was there. Dangit. I wish I was in MI.
I google earthed the cemetery. There is a big pond there. Very desolate. He would have had to do it after hours when the undertakers had left.

Last edited:
I think I read somewhere that Kellie had told Loretta that she was going to look for a job. I wonder if she mentioned it was at 12 Oaks and if Loretta may have mentioned it to Paul, or he may have overheard her tell Mike or someone else?

Hi Carrie,

We had spoken before. The message was for Ibiz, but like you, this website is confusing.
I just sent you 2 private conversations. One just me, and in one I added Nina. I had talked to her before also. So, check your inbox and FB friend me. Thanks!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back