MI MI - Kellie Brownlee, 17, Novi, 20 May 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
UPDATE:

My friend misunderstood. It was another girl named Kim. They are still searching for more bodies though. I am sorry. As much as I want her found, I did not want her to have met up with this awful man. The area is so depressing. They believe there are more bodies out there. How terrible. Maybe they will find her there. I hope so for the family to have some kind of closure. I hope not as I always hoped she would be found alive in some basement. Either way, I sure miss her.

Sorry for the mix up.

Not really any mix-up, JulianaMoon. So many possibilities related to this serch right now, I hope your friend is found.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/05/0...might-be-burial-site-for-4-other-victims.html
The body of a young girl who disappeared nearly 40 years ago -- and the remains of perhaps four other victims -- could be uncovered Tuesday as authorities continue a desperate dig at a vacant Michigan farm that officials believe may have been a burial ground for a potential serial killer. [search is in hopes of finding remains of Kimberly King, and others)

The spokesman said officials believe the location is also the burial ground for at least four other teenage girls.

Other cold cases that could be connected to Ream include Kellie Brownlee, from Novi, who was 17 when she disappeared in 1982; and Kim Larrow, who disappeared from Canton Township in 1981 at the age of 15, WDIV reported.

—site, located near 23 Mile Road and North Avenue in Warren, is in the same area where police found the remains of 13-year-old Cindy Zarzycki in 2008. Convicted child murderer Arthur Nelson Ream led police to Zarzycki's body.

LIVE: Officials resume dig in Macomb Township where several bodies could be buried

MACOMB TOWNSHIP, Mich. - Digging will resume Tuesday in Macomb Township as authorities search for clues in several cold cases dating back to the 1970s.

Crews are set to return to work about 7 a.m. for a second day of digging on a property near 23 Mile Road and North Avenue. The area is wooded and situated along the North Branch Clinton River.
Officials said they expect to find something Tuesday. They believe as many as six bodies could be buried in the same location.

Now authorities are working on a tip to search that same area in connection to three other cold cases that may be connected to Ream:

• The case of 12-year-old Kimberly King, from Warren, who disappeared in 1979
  • The disappearance of Kellie Brownlee, from Novi, when she was 17 in 1982
  • The case of Kim Yarrow, who disappeared from Canton Township in 1981, when she was 15

Their remains could be buried along this wooded riverbank in Macomb Township.

https://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...ould-be-buried

[h=1]Search resumes in Macomb Township for remains of missing girls[/h]
With a smaller team of investigators, the search resumed Monday in Macomb Township for the remains of up to six girls missing for decades.

The investigation at the 24-acre parcel south of 23 Mile Road, west of North Avenue, was postponed for the weekend because of rain last Friday and Saturday, but started Monday morning as authorities try to solve the disappearance of multiple young females.

“We are out there this morning,” Warren Police Commissioner Bill Dwyer, whose department is the lead agency in the task force working the case, confirmed.

With rain again in the forecast, officials excavating multiple spots were expected to continue digging as long as possible.

As of Monday morning, no human remains had been found.
Dwyer said the group working in the woods Monday totaled eight to 10 people including Warren detectives and an unspecified number of individuals whose employment or affiliations he declined to specify.

The stages of the task force’s work have not been revealed, but there are indications the investigation could take months. Dwyer said other locations will be checked over a period of months in what could become a long probe to complete.

Police have confirmed other girls who have been missing and whose remains could be buried in the Macomb Township woods include:

• Cynthia Coon, who was age 13 when she disappeared from Ann Arbor in 1970

• Nadine O’Dell, 16, whose last known whereabouts were in Inkster in 1974

• Kim Marie Larrow, 15, who disappeared in Canton in 1981

• Kellie Marie Brownlee, who was 17 and had been at Twelve Oaks Mall in Novi before she went missing in 1982.

Discovering remains of any of those girls or others would bring some long-overdue, potential closure to families.
http://www.macombdaily.com/article/MD/20180514/NEWS/180519852

[h=3]Police end dig for remains of missing Michigan girls[/h]
MACOMB TOWNSHIP, MI (AP) - Crews have stopped digging up an area in suburban Detroit where police have said they hoped to find the remains of up to seven missing girls.

Warren Mayor James Fouts told The Associated Press on Tuesday that the weeklong excavation on the outskirts of a subdivision in Macomb Township has ended.

Fouts says police are weighing whether to excavate three other locations in the state where they believe the suspect, Arthur Ream, could have taken the girls who disappeared decades ago.
http://www.wnem.com/story/38192935/police-end-dig-for-remains-of-missing-michigan-girls

Thanks for the updates!! I really hope they keep looking.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did the Carpet Killer murder three more? Evidence in decades-old disappearance of Michigan girls is found in abandoned warehouse where man found guilty of another murder ran his rug-making firm

Possible evidence in missing girls case found at warehouse | Daily Mail Online

Searching for evidence in warehouse where Arthur Ream once had his business. The contents have not been moved since Ream left it.

Police are still searching for the killers of Kimberly King, who disappeared aged 12 in 1979, and Kim Larrow, Nadine O'Dell and Kellie Brownlee, all of whom vanished in 1981 and 1982.

The Carpet Killer? ~eyeroll~ Can we not glamorize this *advertiser censored* by giving him a cute name?

Can we get a photo of Arthur Ream as he looked when Kellie disappeared? Just wondering if it might be the same guy who tried to get me in his van while I waited for the schoolbus at Eagle Elementary School at 14/Mbelt. It was 4-5 years before Kellie disappeared. He showed up everyday and chatted with me. One day he told me to get in and I said "No". Then he opened the passenger side door and tried to grab my arm. One teacher that was always there early opened the school door and I ran inside. I called my dad and he came and drove me to school. The next day he drove me to bustop at Eagle, then left. (He was going to park and watch). As he was sitting at light at 14/Mbelt, the van pulled out from behind Dr Imbers office in the Great Scott parking lot. My dad raced and got me and we chased the van and got licence plate#. My dad drove me to school and went home and called police. We never heard anymore about it. It was a split pea colored green van. It didn't have windows in the back or they were painted over. I was 15 or 16 and thought he was cute, so I would stand at the passenger window and talk with him. Usually other kids were waiting there too. The day I was alone he tried to grab me. I remember he had a Big Wheels riding toy in the back of the van when I peeked in thru passenger window. This was probably 1978.

Here is a link to an article which has a photo of Arthur Ream. It is the earliest photo of him that I have personally seen.

Updated: 10:48 AM, May 15, 2018
view

Arthur Ream circa 1970s.

LINK:

Investigators want any victims of Arthur Ream to come forward

RSBM

Do you know why and when she left Mercy and started attending Walled Lake Western? Was it over the spray painting suspension? Or did she switch schools when she moved in with her boyfriend?

I got the impression that she and her boyfriend had attended WLW together for a long time but charley and doenetwork don't have her school info.

ETA: Was afraid I'd been sharing wrong info but this site says she attended WLW at the time of her disappearance: The disappearance of Kellie Brownlee

The Detroit News (WALLED LAKE) -- Have you seen Kellie Brownlee? It was 9 p.m., and Kellie was supposed to be at Mark Graves' house. She'd skipped school that Thursday morning in May, trying to beat out the college kids for the best summer job. But she promised to meet her boyfriend Mark later. That was hours ago. It was getting late. Kellie hadn't arrived. And Kellie hadn't called. Kellie always called.

Mark called one friend and then another. But nobody had seen the 17-year-old with the dark eyes, mischievous smile, and dark, Farrah Fawcett-style hair since she left Walled Lake Western High School at 9 a.m. Kellie didn't have a car. Kellie always hitched. By 11 p.m., her friends decided to call Kellie's mom, Loretta.

Things weren't going so well for Kellie at home, so she had been staying with Mark's family. But Kellie always told Loretta what she was up to. Maybe Loretta knew where Kellie was. Carrie made the call. Carrie knew Kellie the longest. "Mrs. Brownlee? This is Carrie. Have you seen Kellie?" "Not for a while," Loretta replied.

"Kellie's ... missing." The word still rings in Loretta's head. Missing. "It was just the way she said it," Loretta said. "I knew right away something was wrong. I just had no idea that years later, I'd still be talking about it."

At least one suspect has remained on the list since the beginning. And one cop won't let it go. This much West Bloomfield police Sgt. Dan O'Malley believes: Kellie's kidnap was not random.

I am Carrie, the one that made the call to Kellie's mom, Loretta. I am new to this site and have read all the comments and you all have no idea how much I appreciate all of you keeping Kellie in your prayers. All these years later and I miss her so much. I will never ever give up hope that we find Kellie and bring her home. My heart is broken.

[h=3]Police end dig for remains of missing Michigan girls[/h]
Police end dig for remains of missing Michigan girls
Bumping case up...
I am hearing from a friend in MI that Kellie's body MAY have been found. A serial killed named Arthur Nelson Ream dumped bodies in an area in Macomb County, MI. They are searching it as I type this. I am in another state, so I am watching Click on Detroit closely. My friend heard this on Edible(?) and I have no idea what that is. My friend Kellie. We never gave up girl.

I am Carrie, the one that called Kellie's mom when she went missing. I also drove up to the dig site in Macomb County last spring. Sadly she wasn't found at the dig site, nor were the other girls that were mentioned. I was told there will be another dig this Spring when the weather clears, but have not been told where. My guess is Arthur Reams carpet building. Never giving up hope Kellie!

Thankyou TracyLynnS. Like I said, I grew up in that area. She went to Our Lady of Mercy High School in Farmington Hills. The last time I saw her she was still living at home and going to school there. I know she got in trouble for spray painting the school, you know kids, and was suspended. I moved to Texas for a few years and during that time my father called me to tell me she was missing. I was so sure that she may have run off, as her father abused her and only a handful of us, if that, knew about it. So, I figured she had had enough and took off. When I moved back to Michigan, I watched a segment on "P.M. Magazine" about her disappearance. They had a psychic come out and walk around the house. She said that "something very bad had happened in this house for a long time, and that she needed to discuss it privately with family members". My friend, who was very close to Kelly as well, and I looked at each other and said "her dads abuse". Nothing ever came of that. I wish I could get access to that episode of PM Magazine from spring/summer of 1983.

Kellie moved out of her parent's home due to the abuse she suffered from Paul, her step father. Kellie was living in Walled Lake and attending Walled Lake Western when she disappeared. I met Kellie at Our Lady of Mercy and we came best friends from the get go. What Paul did to her blows my mind. I always believed Paul was responsible for Kellie's disappearance until the name Arthur Reams surfaced. On another note, Kellie disappeared in Novi, Michigan after putting in applications at 12 Oaks Mall. If her family had told the truth at the beginning...she did not live at home, she did not live in with her Mom and Step-Dad.

What did Paul do for a living? The reason I ask is because my ex husband was a butcher. He was physically abusive and threatened if I ever left him, he would kill me, cut me in pieces, take me to the arab grocery store he worked at in Detroit, grind me, wrap me, price me, and sell me. He is now in prison for burning half of Detroit down for insurance money. We divorced many many years ago, and I had to go into hiding.
That said, did Paul have a job where he could have disposed of a body by doing something like using a woodchipper, chemicals, or similar?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr
Back