MI MI - Kellie Brownlee, 17, Novi, 20 May 1982

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. I just thought they suspected him more than Paul. I have different thoughts, of course. Did they ever find anything at the dig site that was released publicly?
I read where you mention that you think that Paul buried Kellie on top of someone's coffin in the cemetery across the street.

It's a possibility. If he did that, he must have selected a fresh grave—one where the dirt was already loose. People would notice if someone disturbed an old grave.

He really could have put her anywhere, though. I hope his own property was searched with cadaver dogs.

Yes. She disappeared from 12 Oaks Mall, and across the street at the corner of 12 Mile and Novi Road is a cemetary. At the time of her disappearance, that area was pretty rural. Now it's all built up, so I figured if Paul buried her in a field near the mall, she would have been found by now. He mentioned visiting his mother in laws grave that day. I believe I read somewhere his MIL is buried at that cemetary in Novi across from 12 Oaks. I believe gravesites are dug a day or 2 in advance of burial so there may have been an open gravesite where he could have either dug deeper and placed her under where coffin would go, or waited for coffin to be buried and dug up loose soil on top and put her on top of casket. He also went to gym, where he could have showered and cleaned up. Pauls alibi was cemetary and gym. Just a thought. They searched his house and probably the neighborhood. I grew up a block away from Kellie. We were all the neighborhood kids that hung out together. My brother and I, Kellie's sister, brothers, and about 12 other kids hung out together. Playing "Capture the Flag" and all different outdoor games. There was a creek behind my house on South Pebblecreek. The city dug it up and placed huge cement round things in the ground from Middlebelt thru our backyards all the way down the creek to stop the flooding when we had a lot of rain. I'm not sure what years they did that, but they dug up all our beautiful trees along the creek and piles of dirt were everywhere. I think they were done by the time of Kellie's disappearance but I'm not sure. I suspect the authorities searched the whole creekbed and any areas that were newly relandscaped. I don't think Paul would have buried her near her home. I'm thinking closer to 12 Oaks because it was so rural, if Paul is the person responsible.

Yes. She disappeared from 12 Oaks Mall, and across the street at the corner of 12 Mile and Novi Road is a cemetary. At the time of her disappearance, that area was pretty rural. Now it's all built up, so I figured if Paul buried her in a field near the mall, she would have been found by now. He mentioned visiting his mother in laws grave that day. I believe I read somewhere his MIL is buried at that cemetary in Novi across from 12 Oaks. I believe gravesites are dug a day or 2 in advance of burial so there may have been an open gravesite where he could have either dug deeper and placed her under where coffin would go, or waited for coffin to be buried and dug up loose soil on top and put her on top of casket. He also went to gym, where he could have showered and cleaned up. Pauls alibi was cemetary and gym. Just a thought. They searched his house and probably the neighborhood. I grew up a block away from Kellie. We were all the neighborhood kids that hung out together. My brother and I, Kellie's sister, brothers, and about 12 other kids hung out together. Playing "Capture the Flag" and all different outdoor games. There was a creek behind my house on South Pebblecreek. The city dug it up and placed huge cement round things in the ground from Middlebelt thru our backyards all the way down the creek to stop the flooding when we had a lot of rain. I'm not sure what years they did that, but they dug up all our beautiful trees along the creek and piles of dirt were everywhere. I think they were done by the time of Kellie's disappearance but I'm not sure. I suspect the authorities searched the whole creekbed and any areas that were newly relandscaped. I don't think Paul would have buried her near her home. I'm thinking closer to 12 Oaks because it was so rural, if Paul is the person responsible.
It's possible that used the cemetery as an alibi because he was actually there burying Kellie and wanted to be able to explain his presence there in case anyone saw him or his car.
I didn't start visiting that part of town until the late 80's, and even then you didn't have to go very far south, west, or north of 12 Oaks to find very rural areas.

There were abandoned gravel pits about 6 miles south and 3 miles west of 12 Oaks. Those pits were deep and filled with water, and everybody knee about them because they were popular with fisherman. The drop-offs were very steep, so it would have been easy for Paul to dump Kellie's body in one of them.

There were numerous other locations too, of course.

It's possible that used the cemetery as an alibi because he was actually there burying Kellie and wanted to be able to explain his presence there in case anyone saw him or his car.
I didn't start visiting that part of town until the late 80's, and even then you didn't have to go very far south, west, or north of 12 Oaks to find very rural areas.

There were abandoned gravel pits about 6 miles south and 3 miles west of 12 Oaks. Those pits were deep and filled with water, and everybody knee about them because they were popular with fisherman. The drop-offs were very steep, so it would have been easy for Paul to dump Kellie's body in one of them.

JMO -

I would not be surprised to learn that Paul (who IIRC is deceased) buried Kellie in the cemetery. Then again, I've heard that a suspected serial killer was working in Novi that day right by the mall and he could be responsible. Again, JMO

I wondered if the cemetery was an easy alibi. It's not like people will really notice you and you can drop off flowers in a second if you want. I would think if he killed her he would choose the safest way to get rid of her body. Could he have gotten rid of her by himself?

I have been thinking so much of her recently. We have a case of a missing man where I now live down south, and it has gone cold. I contacted his sister and gave her a link to this website to post her brother. Been missing 2 years.
With the Gabby Petito case, my thoughts have gone to Kellie and how much I miss her, and how I wish the family could get answers.
Thankyou to all who have kept her case alive.

Dear sweet Kellie. Where are you my friend?
Almost 40 years have passed since you disappeared. You have not been forgotten. Investigators are still trying to find you. Family and friends have not lost hope you will be found.
In the 17 years before you went missing, you touched so many hearts. I think of you so often.
Just this morning I was thinking about when we all played "Capture the Flag" in the neighbors yard. We would play till almost dark. Only stopping because the mosquitos were out and biting us all over.
I miss you Kellie. I miss you. ⚘

JMO -

I would not be surprised to learn that Paul (who IIRC is deceased) buried Kellie in the cemetery. Then again, I've heard that a suspected serial killer was working in Novi that day right by the mall and he could be responsible. Again, JMO
Which serial killer was working near the mall? Arthur Ream?

I think Paul Brownlee is still my top suspect.

Arthurs has also worked to see justice in the cases of other young women and girls who went missing, or were murdered in the Detroit area around the same time, for example.

"Kellie Brownlee, she is on my flyer," Arthurs said. "She went missing from Twelve Oaks Mall a month after my sister. It is just too much of a coincidence that they were pretty much within the same vicinity and the same time frame."

Reach out to Michigan State Police if you know anything.

MI - MI - Kimberly Louiselle, 16, Oakland Co, 21 Mar 1982

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back