Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO

Mental Illness and Insanity are related, but insanity, IMO, is not a foregone conclusion.

One can be mentally ill and not be insane clearly.

I see a VERY smart man on a downward spiral. I would not be surprised, based on his current and previous actions as reported, to find that he is mentally ill, but I'm not about to proclaim insanity. I don't think anyone else here is prepared to diagnose that either.

I also see a smart man getting what he wants, when he wants it, and how he wants it, all on his terms. I think his behaviour in court is part of that. He's working the narrative to suit his needs. He's playing the system. This is something he has been good at and he's going to keep working that angle as long as it suits him.

I believe he lured Kevin to his home on the pretence of a good time. He lied about other people being there. I do not believe this is sex gone wrong. It was intentional. This guy knew what he was doing and had intent. If it was sex gone wrong, why mutilate? No need for that. You mutilate because you want to do that. It serves a purpose. I hate to think what that purpose was, but he intended to do that.

So this, to me, shows preplanning, intent, ability to think and plan. He knew right from wrong in this particular case. I think other "dates" will come forward. They will fill in a lot of the pieces of puzzle. The stories are going to be terrifying I believe. Smartest thing the husband did was leave. My guess is, he would have been a victim too.

At the end of the day, I believe he's mentally ill, but he will stand trial and he will be found guilty. It's going to take a while to get him to trial because he's going to play his trump card of incompetency (of which there is precedence) and insanity. He's a smart guy, sick, but smart. He's going to work this every which way.

It is going to be so incredibly hard for Kevin's family and friends. It's hard enough losing Kevin, but to have to deal with this guy going forward is going to a whole other kind of nightmare. This guy is what nightmares are made of.

ALL MOO

Excellent analysis

I agree that this is where he got the name that he used. The engineer Thomas Edgar seems to be very well known and respected in chemistry circles and the book he authored was published by McGraw and Hill (see how that works...Thomas Edgar Hill)

SBM
I read this yesterday elsewhere after he gave the fake name to the judge. Creepy! I think LE will catch on quickly to his games and the courts won't buy into any insanity plea, if he were to decide to try that route. He knows exactly what he's doing. JMO

I've been following this since day one and really hoped for a different outcome. Rest in peace, Kevin. :(

MOO

Mental Illness and Insanity are related, but insanity, IMO, is not a foregone conclusion.

I see a VERY smart man on a downward spiral. I would not be surprised, based on his current and previous actions as reported, to find that he is mentally ill, but I'm not about to proclaim insanity. I don't think anyone else here is prepared to diagnose that either.

I also see a smart man getting what he wants, when he wants it, and how he wants it, all on his terms. I think his behaviour in court is part of that. He's working the narrative to suit his needs. He's playing the system. This is something he has been good at and he's going to keep working that angle as long as it suits him.

I believe he lured Kevin to his home on the pretence of a good time. He lied about other people being there. I do not believe this is sex gone wrong. It was intentional. This guy knew what he was doing and had intent. If it was sex gone wrong, why mutilate? No need for that. You mutilate because you want to do that. It serves a purpose. I hate to think what that purpose was, but he intended to do that.

So this, to me, shows preplanning, intent, ability to think and plan. He knew right from wrong in this particular case. I think other "dates" will come forward. They will fill in a lot of the pieces of puzzle. The stories are going to be terrifying I believe. Smartest thing the husband did was leave. My guess is, he would have been a victim too.

At the end of the day, I believe he's mentally ill, but he will stand trial and he will be found guilty. It's going to take a while to get him to trial because he's going to play his trump card of incompetency (of which there is precedence) and insanity. He's a smart guy, sick, but smart. He's going to work this every which way.

It is going to be so incredibly hard for Kevin's family and friends. It's hard enough losing Kevin, but to have to deal with this guy going forward is going to a whole other kind of nightmare. This guy is what nightmares are made of.

ALL MOO
Crazy like a fox?

MOO

ALL MOO

Very well-said and great analysis. I completely agree. I will also add that he erased their social media/app messages and interactions - cover his tracks. He knows what he did was wrong. And yes, he will try to manipulate the system as much as he can.

SBM
I read this yesterday elsewhere after he gave the fake name to the judge. Creepy! I think LE will catch on quickly to his games and the courts won't buy into any insanity plea, if he were to decide to try that route. He knows exactly what he's doing. JMO

I've been following this since day one and really hoped for a different outcome. Rest in peace, Kevin. :(

To add, a qualified mental health professional, likely a forensic psychologist, will also be alert to any attempts to "fake" mental illness symptoms. I wouldn't be surprised if he qualifies for a mental health diagnosis, but am hopeful it will not (should not) interfere with justice being served.

Estranged husband of suspect in Bacon murder speaks out

"He didn't act like there was anything amiss. That's very frightening to think that he can maintain such a calm demeanor, when such a horrendous crime had been committed, "said husband, Jamie Arnold.
It doesn’t seem as though police are pursuing Jamie Arnold and that he is likely not connected to the crime. If that’s the case, my heart goes out to him, he is a victim as well.

Jamie Arnold is recalling the last time he saw his estranged husband, Mark David Latunski, it was Christmas Day.

He never expounded on this in the interview.

I have no doubt JA was alarmed at ML's behavior. If he moved out three months ago, he was not living in the home when the incident happened with the fleeing man. It was all over the media, so he had to know about it. I wonder if he ever talked to ML about what happened?

We have been discussing the clothing issue pretty intensely, and I think something in the prior incident provides a compelling clue about that. The young man who got away was wearing a kilt or in some reports a cape. According to the neighbor whose house the victim ran to, the perpetrator was pursuing the victim to retrieve the expensive kilt (or robe) that belonged to him. This suggests that the perpetrator did supply the victim with what he wanted the victim to wear.

The neighbor also said that the prior victim had the same body type as Kevin. So Kevin and the prior victim were big men, while the perpetrator and his husband were not. Could this show premeditation? Did the perpetrator buy clothing (kilt or robe) that would fit the larger body type of the person or people he planned to victimize?

We have been discussing the clothing issue pretty intensely, and I think something in the prior incident provides a compelling clue about that. The young man who got away was wearing a kilt or in some reports a cape. According to the neighbor whose house the victim ran to, the perpetrator was pursuing the victim to retrieve the expensive kilt (or robe) that belonged to him. This suggests that the perpetrator did supply the victim with what he wanted the victim to wear.

The neighbor also said that the prior victim had the same body type as Kevin. So Kevin and the prior victim were big men, while the perpetrator and his husband were not. Could this show premeditation? Did the perpetrator buy clothing (kilt or robe) that would fit the larger body type of the person or people he planned to victimize?
Good point about supplying something to wear. I've only seen the leather the fleeing victim was wearing described as a "cape". JMO, but a kilt is pretty size specific, but a cape is going to fit a wide variety of body types.

Jamie Arnold is recalling the last time he saw his estranged husband, Mark David Latunski, it was Christmas Day.

He never expounded on this in the interview.

I have no doubt JA was alarmed at ML's behavior. If he moved out three months ago, he was not living in the home when the incident happened with the fleeing man. It was all over the media, so he had to know about it. I wonder if he ever talked to ML about what happened?

I’m not sure I buy the husband’s story completely. Based on pictures in social media, the husband seemed to be not only the perpetrator’s husband, but also his partner in BDSM exploits. Also, if the husband was so fearful of the perpetrator, why did he have ongoing contact with the perpetrator, such as the Christmas visit. I am not accusing the husband of anything, but I am dubious of his story. This is ALL my opinion.

Good point about supplying something to wear. I've only seen the leather the fleeing victim was wearing described as a "cape". JMO, but a kilt is pretty size specific, but a cape is going to fit a wide variety of body types.
In the video, the neighbor refers to it more as a skirt.
"He's wearing the same getup this guy’s wearing, which is a leather skirt and belts. No shoes, no shirt. It’s 40 degrees.”

Neighbor: Initial victim 'scared out of his mind' after fleeing murder suspect's home

Last edited:
I’m not sure I buy the husband’s story completely. Based on pictures in social media, the husband seemed to be not only the perpetrator’s husband, but also his partner in BDSM exploits. Also, if the husband was so fearful of the perpetrator, why did he have ongoing contact with the perpetrator, such as the Christmas visit. I am not accusing the husband of anything, but I am dubious of his story. This is ALL my opinion.
I'm on the fence here. There may be other info not in MSM that gives me pause, too.

That said, I would hate to imply an innocent, potential victim himself, is responsible for anything prior to more info. MOO

I'm on the fence here. There is other information not permissible to discuss here that gives me pause in believing his story, too.

That said, I would hate to imply an innocent, potential victim himself, is responsible for anything prior to more info. MOO

I wish more could be discussed too, but as you point out it cannot be linked here. Did JA know ML was going to be entertaining on Christmas Eve, was he even invited perhaps? If so, that doesn't mean he has culpability in Kevin's death. As he pointed out, "I would have been arrested by now". But the distancing interviews he is giving right now are somewhat disingenuous, IMO.

I wish more could be discussed too, but as you point out it cannot be discussed here. Did JA know ML was going to be entertaining on Christmas Eve, was he even invited perhaps? If so, that doesn't mean he has culpability in Kevin's death, as he pointed out, "I would have been arrested by now". But the distancing interviews he is giving right now are somewhat disingenuous, IMO.
Disingenuous is quite fair.

BBM: This is only true if there is enough evidence to justify an arrest. We all know that it is quite common that LE has suspicions and unnamed POIs prior to enough evidence for an arrest. MOO.
ETA: This goes for anyone else who may have assisted or been involved (I.e. "he is inviting more men"), not specific to JA.

Thank you for all the updates. I've seen only one report about this case in local (metro-Detroit) media. If not for this discussion, I probably wouldn't know about KB's tragic death. Thus far, we've been spared gruesome details of the encounter, and I can't help but think about how difficult this is going to be for Kevin's family.

I was reminded of this bizarre local case that involved a sexual encounter between two women (graphic details warning).

Rochester Hills woman who bit friend's ear off said she was wolf, victim was vampire, deputy says

Woman charged with biting off part of other woman's ear

I am on with fence about JA. His story can go one of 2 ways. Guilty he helped or innocent he had no clue. The thin line I believe is the Christmas visit. The easiest look of guilty he did cry he left do to he was in fear of his life but was there. The both into the BDSM so this is a common bond they share with JA being the sub. So that there in it's self looks suspicious. Especially if ML implied to Kevin "other men would be there".
That was view point #1. Now #2 JA never said he didn't love ML anymore. So you have a Sub who also is still in love with his husband and spent one last Christmas as husband&husband. And is totally innocent.

I wish more could be discussed too, but as you point out it cannot be linked here. Did JA know ML was going to be entertaining on Christmas Eve, was he even invited perhaps? If so, that doesn't mean he has culpability in Kevin's death. As he pointed out, "I would have been arrested by now". But the distancing interviews he is giving right now are somewhat disingenuous, IMO.
I don’t think the distancing is strange at all. His estranged partner committed a horrific crime, strangers are now accusing and threatening - I think it would be pretty weird if JA were not trying to distance himself. Assuming he’s innocent (and we have zero evidence that he is involved with the crime) - I don’t think anyone can be sure how they would react in his situation. It’s not as if there’s a guidebook, “How to Behave When Your Estranged S&M Hub Brutally Murders a Hook-Up and the World Is Attacking You”.

Having worked in the criminal justice and law enforcement fields for many years, I found that one of the most significant signals I needed to dig deeper was this statement: “If you had anything on me, you would have arrested me by now.” Another one goes like this: “I’ll talk to you, but tell me what you know.”

Last edited:
I don’t think the distancing is strange at all. His estranged partner committed a horrific crime, strangers are now accusing and threatening - I think it would be pretty weird if JA were not trying to distance himself. Assuming he’s innocent (and we have zero evidence that he is involved with the crime) - I don’t think anyone can be sure how they would react in his situation. It’s not as if there’s a guidebook, “How to Behave When Your Estranged S&M Hub Brutally Murders a Hook-Up and the World Is Attacking You”.

I wouldn't think it strange but it could be disingenuous (not genuine) if for example, hypothetically MOO he is claiming to have been estranged for months but maybe was having regular contact, still engaging with him in sexual encounters with other men, shopping together, etc etc. None of that would mean he is culpable or even aware of the heinous murder he committed but it would be inconsistent with being " estranged" and emphasis on having moved out/ left him several months ago. MOO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member