Found Deceased MI - Kevin Bacon, 25, met someone online, Swartz Creek, 24 Dec 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling this is going to be a huge Investigation. LE is likely going thru killers contacts to see if they are still alive. And Interview them at the very least. IMO
I'd imagine they've already interviewed that poor person that escaped him in November and wonder if they will be a witness at the trial.

I'd imagine they've already interviewed that poor person that escaped him in November and wonder if they will be a witness at the trial.

Depends, will it be let in? Seems to vary in States in cases I have followed. Cant remember the case but Judge denied prior info then there was the S.J. case in Ohio. Lady was allowed to testify but could not state what sentence was or that he was even convicted. I would think the Defense will fight it tooth and nail. Let's hope it will be admitted into evidence. I expect many delays in this one.

He didn't want to pursue the charges so they were dropped. Just guessing here, but I think, that person who fled didn't want his name associated with what he was doing at ML's home. I get it.

I'm sure LE are interviewing him in greater depth now that it is apparent what was going on in the house. Kevin was initially there consensually in the beginning as well. This first victim will be a treasure trove of information for LE. It remains to be seen whether he is willing to testify regarding the occurrence. He didn't before. Perhaps he can be compelled to now.

Boy did he ever dodge a bullet.

MOO

He didn't want to pursue the charges so they were dropped. Just guessing here, but I think, that person who fled didn't want his name associated with what he was doing at ML's home. I get it.

I'm sure LE are interviewing him in greater depth now that it is apparent what was going on in the house. Kevin was initially there consensually in the beginning as well. This first victim will be a treasure trove of information for LE. It remains to be seen whether he is willing to testify regarding the occurrence. He didn't before. Perhaps he can be compelled to now.

Boy did he ever dodge a bullet.

MOO
Well said. I can imagine if someone does not want to be associated with what was occurring in the home, perhaps is not out, is married (all just hypothetical MOO), it would be very difficult to agree to public testimony. What a difficult predicament to be in, on top of the trauma from the incident itself and now the realization/reality of dodging said bullet.

Anyone ever see this article?

Every time we talk about this event, the story changes. LE seemed pretty nonchalant about the whole episode. The neighbour said the guy was banging on his door and was terrified. Also said he had a rag over his face and was bleeding.

I actually don't know who to believe anymore.

I seen where the neighbor said his face was bloody too. And that he was frightened. They are leaving parts of the story out of every article.
Every time we talk about this event, the story changes. LE seemed pretty nonchalant about the whole episode. The neighbour said the guy was banging on his door and was terrified. Also said he had a rag over his face and was bleeding.

I've shared this article previously and after hearing the interview with the neighbor, I believe that there was possibly discrimination/judgment from LE in minimizing the "incident" based on sexuality/BDSM/role playing. My only guess is that the blood was lumped in as part of the "consensual" BDSM play by LE at the time. I'm fairly confident they are looking at that incident in hindsight with a much different perspective now. MOO

There's actually some comments from, I believe, the neighbour's daughter on the internet that he WAS terrified. Can' t link them here unfortunately. If it were me, I'd be experiencing a lot of guilt if I were him just by I could have possibly saved Kevin from death if I would have reported it. It's like rape cases that go unreported or not pressing charges because they think it's their fault.

There's actually some comments from, I believe, the neighbour's daughter on the internet that he WAS terrified. Can' t link them here unfortunately. If it were me, I'd be experiencing a lot of guilt if I were him just by I could have possibly saved Kevin from death if I would have reported it. It's like rape cases that go unreported or not pressing charges because they think it's their fault.
Yes, i did see those. I believe it was his niece. It’s all so awful.

Yet had he been prosecuted what would his sentence be? If he even got hard time. If it wasn't Kevin I have no doubt this freak would have killed somebody. I don't think Prison or anything else would have stopped him. Folks such as him fantasize until the point they carry their sick deed out. IMO

Yet had he been prosecuted what would his sentence be? If he even got hard time. If it wasn't Kevin I have no doubt this freak would have killed somebody. I don't think Prison or anything else would have stopped him. Folks such as him fantasize until the point they carry their sick deed out. IMO
Absolutely agree. He would have likely been charged with assault and even if sentenced to any jail time (which is questionable), it would not have necessarily prevented this.

Suspect in Kevin Bacon murder case has long history of mental illness, records show
"Latunski was known to stop taking the medication prescribed to treat his mental health illnesses, according to records from the 66th District and 35th Circuit courts."
"A motion filed Aug. 22 by former wife (name deleted) to suspend Mark Latunski’s parenting time states he was diagnosed with major depression, paranoid schizophrenia and traits of a personality disorder in 2010 and 2012."

Let's hope there are cameras in the area where Kevin's car was parked. I feel for his loved one's today and of course tomorrow :(
I grew up in Swartz Creek and the parking lot consists of a Rite Aid, Family Dollar, new sports grill bar, and a small gym. It’s not a busy part of town. I would be surprised if the parking lot was under surveillance. Plus we are a small town where these kinds of things don’t happen. I definitely do not think we are such a conservative town that the police would purposefully look over things I believe our law-enforcement would want to do everything they could to help get ML off the streets!

I grew up in Swartz Creek and the parking lot consists of a Rite Aid, Family Dollar, new sports grill bar, and a small gym. It’s not a busy part of town. I would be surprised if the parking lot was under surveillance. Plus we are a small town where these kinds of things don’t happen. I definitely do not think we are such a conservative town that the police would purposefully look over things I believe our law-enforcement would want to do everything they could to help get ML off the streets!
I'm local, too. My comments were not intended to imply LE would not want to get ML off the streets as we know him now. I was referring to why the previous incident was seemingly not taken very seriously. I'm confident if they knew then what they now know of him, they would have handled that much differently. I absolutely believe that the BDSM and sexual orientation did impact citizens' and likely LE's thoughts with the initial complaint. It was essentially made a mockery of. MOO

I'm local, too. My comments were not intended to imply LE would not want to get ML off the streets as we know him now. I was referring to why the previous incident was seemingly not taken very seriously. I'm confident if they knew then what they now know of him, they would have handled that much differently. I absolutely believe that the BDSM and sexual orientation did impact citizens' and likely LE's thoughts with the initial complaint. It was essentially made a mockery of. MOO
We have to remember also there is more than one city involved and the Swartz Creek department is handling the car and surveillance footage from the parking lot where Kevin‘s car was found. The Morrice department would be handling everything at ML’s residence. I just think it’s such a taboo subject that people do not understand it completely. Hopefully LE departments are working together to obtain as much evidence as possible and ML gets locked up for life!

We have to remember also there is more than one city involved and the Swartz Creek department is handling the car and surveillance footage from the parking lot I would imagine where Kevin‘s car was found and the Argus press is another completely different department and paper. I just think it’s such a taboo subject that people do not understand it completely. Hopefully LE departments are working together to obtain as much evidence as possible and ML gets locked up for life!
It is my understanding MSP is leading the investigation and were also involved in the November incident. I, too, hope he gets life and I am thinking that is likely to happen. I just think the process is going to be very lengthy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucyLoo313