GUILTY MI - Lost Teen Narrowly Escapes Being Shot, Rochester Hills, Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From the link in BDE's link above:

The sheriff’s Rochester Hills substation reported no problems with either the student or Zeigler in the past but did say records showed multiple runs had been made to the Zeigler home for break-ins and the theft of beer from a garage in 2009. A teenager was eventually prosecuted for those break-ins.

Zeigler was convicted of firing a handgun at another motorist during an altercation in 2004, according to court records. On the day of the April 2018 arrest, Zeigler told Pace his medications include painkillers, muscle relaxers and Valium, but that he hadn’t used any that day.

The article is a good summary to refresh or read for details. The video evidence will be difficult to overcome for his defense team.

I am curious how this young man is doing after all this.

Wife testifies in trial that involves white homeowner who allegedly fired shot at lost black teen

0444d3a4-MJZ.jpg

Good thing that the home owner was a bad shot, because it sure looked like he was trying to shoot the kid to me, on the video.

Was that video taken from his home? Great plan, video tape yourself commiting crime!

Jury deliberates fate of homeowner who fired at teen

Pontiac — Oakland County Circuit Court jurors are deliberating the fate of a Rochester Hills homeowner charged with attempting to kill a lost teenager who showed up at his door seeking directions to his school.

Jeffrey Zeigler, 53, is charged with assault with intent to commit murder and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony in the April 12 incident at his home...

Rochester Hills man who fired at teen asking for directions found guilty by jury

Jeffrey Zeigler found guilty on two counts

ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. - A Rochester Hills man seen on video firing a gun at a teenager who was lost and looking for directions was found guilty by a jury Friday on two counts.

Jeffrey Zeigler was charged with assault with intent to murder and felony firearms violations. The jury found him guilty of the lesser charge of assault with intent to do great bodily harm and possession of a firearm in commission of a felony...

Homeowner who fired at teen convicted of assault

Pontiac — Oakland County Circuit Court jurors convicted a Rochester Hills homeowner Friday for shooting at a lost teenager who showed up at his door seeking directions to his school.

Jeffrey Zeigler, 53, was found guilty of assault with intent to commit great bodily harm less than murder and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony in the April 12 incident at his home...

I’m glad the jury found him guilty. I watched the video a few times. Not only didn’t I see the gun guy slip but I didn’t see what the wife described either. The kid did take a small step forward but I didn’t see him grab the door like she said he did.

Rochester Hills man to spend 4-10 years in prison for firing gun at lost teen asking for directions

Jeffrey Zeigler found guilty on two counts

ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. - A Rochester Hills man shown on video firing a gun at a teenager who was lost and looking for directions was sentenced to 4-10 years in prison on Tuesday.

Jeffrey Zeigler was charged with assault with intent to murder and felony firearms violations. In October, a jury found him guilty of the lesser charge of assault with intent to do great bodily harm and possession of a firearm in commission of a felony...

not a hate crime here but not surprised at the constant use of the race of each of the perp and victim. Regardless of the race of either, this was intentional and wrong. Period.

Thanks again BDE for keeping us updated on this important (IMO) case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat
Back