MI MI - Macomb Co, 2 WhtFems, UP10563 & UP11130, body parts in sewer, Aug'12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Whoever did this is one unlucky SOB. The article states that they think the body parts had been there for no more than two hours. That helps establish a timeline, since the tattoos are still visible it should help with quicker identification, and hopefully the police will be able to get to the suspect before they can get rid of all of the evidence.

The person who did this has to be sweating pretty hard about now, I'd think.

Bet you are right about being unlucky, Steely Dan. The killer probably got rid of the tattoo parts first in the best possible place that he could think of where they would never be found so that the rest of the body couldn't be identified. The perfect crime. Hah!

Another case of "Man proposes, God disposes."

Bet you are right about being unlucky, Steely Dan. The killer probably got rid of the tattoo parts first in the best possible place that he could think of where they would never be found so that the rest of the body couldn't be identified. The perfect crime. Hah!

Another case of "Man proposes, God disposes."

This may not be the first time this person did something like this either.

"...We took the photos to the Tattoo Gallery in Sterling Heights where Somo took a look.

Many pieces are missing, but at first glance he thought Japanese or Chinese dragon, but as he tried to put the images together like a puzzle, he started to compare the tattoo to the Grim Reaper.

Whatever it is, he believed the tattoo artist will know, calling the body marking elaborate and unique..."

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/1...d-to-have-been-discovered-in-sterling-heights

A scorpion?

So the tattoos were found cut off the body parts? When it was found? Geez, not that I think that way, but if it were me and I were trying to keep someone from identifying someone I had killed...I would put the tattoo pieces (sorry) garbage disposal (if I had taken the time to cut them from the body parts). Or at least put them in different areas so that it couldn't be pieced together and identified.

nothing on the news sites. Just another day... tralalalal
I hope LE is trying to find the rest of the body. Or missing persons. Something.

There is another case recently of a young woman who had her hands, feet, head removed so they couldn't identify her. Just this week I read another article that said they had cut the tattoo off her back too so that it would be harder to identify her. I hadnt read that before so I wonder if that info was just released. And if so did this perp get the idea from that case?
I googled grim reaper tattoos and I can see where the tattoo artist thought that is what it might be. I hope they are contacting all the tattoo shops in the area, or evening posting on forums to get help. Jmo

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12346/3/

Michael Van Buskirk? No mention of a large back piece type of tattoo, but he has Chinese lettering tattoos and a scorpion tattoo, so maybe he had some more work done after he was last seen, which was 8/27/2011 in Battle Creek.

ETA: Parts of the tattoo look like some of my brother's skull tats, so I'm a bit on edge, and have left him a message telling him to call me ASAP. I'm also going to email the tat pics to every body artist I know, especially those in MI, which would be about fifty different people, and see if it sparks anything for any of them.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12346/3/

Michael Van Buskirk? No mention of a large back piece type of tattoo, but he has Chinese lettering tattoos and a scorpion tattoo, so maybe he had some more work done after he was last seen, which was 8/27/2011 in Battle Creek.

ETA: Parts of the tattoo look like some of my brother's skull tats, so I'm a bit on edge, and have left him a message telling him to call me ASAP. I'm also going to email the tat pics to every body artist I know, especially those in MI, which would be about fifty different people, and see if it sparks anything for any of them.

BBM

They think the body parts had only been in for a couple of days, IIRC.

I guess I was hoping maybe this was a crude tattoo removal and not a brutal murder but according to the article there were at least a dozen "softball size" parts.

Riley said investigators believe the remains discovered Wednesday were just a sampling of many more body parts that could have been dumped down one of 100 manholes that service the sewage line.

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120818/METRO03/208180340#ixzz23uY5j7zL

I've sent out lots of emails and aside from the people I know that have suggested Chinese style tats, I have also had one person tell me that it looks like a serpent, and another that said it may be nautical related, because to them some of the portions look like waves.

I wish I could move the pieces around some...it looks like a dragon to me, but I can also see the grim reaper. There are pieces that look familiar to me, like I've seen something similar before.

I wish I could move the pieces around some...it looks like a dragon to me, but I can also see the grim reaper. There are pieces that look familiar to me, like I've seen something similar before.

They look familiar to me too, it reminded me of the "By appointment to HRH the Prince of Wales" sign. I definitely see some quills in the picture. I think it may be some kind of family crest or an elaborate picture of a crown or something.

It also reminds me of the type of tattoos that bikers have. It looks like the outside of a large tattoo and that the main recognisable image of the tattoo has not been found.

It's striking me as a manly tattoo, but many women have many tattoos to be artistic/different/hard etc. If that's the real skin, it doesn't look very hairy, so if it was a bloke, he was probably very young.

Someone ought to go on a tattooing forum and ask around about this.

Looks like a mermaid tattoo to me. I googled images and found several that look like they could fit.

Looks to me like a couple of the pieces could be from a different tattoo than the others. They just don't look like the same style.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back