MI MI - Macomb Co, 2 WhtFems, UP10563 & UP11130, body parts in sewer, Aug'12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh no, Sterling Heights is where we take our dogs to work as therapy dogs. Its also real close to the area in Troy where our dog play group is. I would think this flesh found would belong to a man but who knows. There are lots of missing people in the Detroit area.

Has anyone tried printing the image on a color printer, cutting them out, and re-arranging them?

I only have a low quality black/white printer here...

I'm going to give that a try.

I think at least two pieces fit together along the curved edge -- I don't think this tat was on a flat surface like a back.

Not sure about the dates, but this tattooed man is missing...
http://www.niagarathisweek.com/news/article/1489899--family-of-missing-man-appealing-for-help
"Family of missing man appealing for help

Police looking for new leads in disappearance of 43-year-old Darrell Riehl"

"Chris said she and her family are appealing to the public to look out for any sign of Darrell, who had a shaved head and a reddish/grey goatee and wore rimmed bronze coloured prescription eye glasses. He had a piercing in his left earlobe and has numerous tattoos on his chest and arms, along with a small round dragon tattoo on the back of his head and dragonfly tattoo on the inside of his right wrist. He was last seen wearing a burgundy short-sleeve shirt and black pants and he frequents fast food restaurants in the area around his home in Western Hill.
There has also been no sight of his vehicle, a dark green 1999 Ford Explorer four-door with the licence plate BKXC 583 and a sticker on the rear window that said “Silly boys are for girls.”
It is unlike Darrell, said Chris, to leave without talking to his family. She said any attempts to contact him have been unsuccessful.
Det. Sgt. Jacquie Jefferies of the Niagara Regional Police’s 1 District Criminal Investigation Branch said police are actively investigating Darrell’s disappearance. At this point, however, they are appealing to the public for new leads.
“We’ve pursued all investigative areas, including checking his cell phone records, his access to medications, his banking institution and more,” she said. “We’ve put out all feelers, but have had no success at locating him.”
Police have reached out to other agencies, including Ontario Provincial Police, Niagara Parks Police and personnel at border crossings. They have also launched an Ontario-wide bulletin in hopes that someone may have information that could help find him"

Wow, interesting. Niagra Falls is about midway between Detroit and Toronto, though not on a direct line: https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...XkMvUiTF3xLQqUFU1Mg&oq=toronto&mra=ls&t=m&z=8

Seems like he's been missing for too long for these body parts to be him, though. Over a month.

Oh no, Sterling Heights is where we take our dogs to work as therapy dogs. Its also real close to the area in Troy where our dog play group is. I would think this flesh found would belong to a man but who knows. There are lots of missing people in the Detroit area.

What a small world we live in. My husband is from MI and his 3 sisters and their families all still live around that area, with one who lives in Sterling Hts. Been there a few times. One sister and her family are in I think Roseville. Husband grew up in the St Clair Shores area. Sure hope they get the tests done on the remains. So creepy. Sounds kinda like gang activity or something like that.

We had to actually go to MI suddenly on 09/24 (Monday), as my FIL passed away. We stayed in a hotel right outside of Sterling Hts, which was close to the funeral home, etc. We were only there for Monday through Thursday, but never heard any mention regarding this case. We visited with the one sister-in-law who lives in Sterling Heights, but I did not feel it would be appropriate to bring this case up, given the circumstances for our visit. Anyway, we have been married 30 years and we have not visited every year, but whenever we have, we would always go to Sterling Heights to visit, along with Roseville, and St Clair Shores (other 2 sisters). I was thinking when we were there this time, Sterling Heights is a lot bigger area that I ever really considered it to be.

I have to wonder if this case will ever come up to have the DNA tested, as like was stated in a previous post, there is a big backlog. Seems since no one is reporting a missing person with this type of tattoo, etc. they will not make it a priority, sadly.

http://www.examiner.com/article/garbage-bags-with-body-parts-discovered-detroit
Late last year, four young women were murdered. Two of the victims were placed in the trunk of a car in Sterling Heights, which is a suburb of Detroit. The car was driven to Detroit where the vehicle was abandoned. Two other victims were found in an abandoned car on Lannett Street in Sterling Heights. In May, authorities arrested one of the killers, who was linked to online ads on a website called Backpage.com, for adult dating services.

Police have made an arrest in the Detroit River murders, but have not yet made an arrest in the Sterling Heights sewer case yet. They have the image of a tattoo from the victim, which was done approximately 15 to 20 years ago, and the victim’s DNA which should help them solve this case.

Sadly, the area has been labeled a dumping grounds for bodies, due to the large vacant areas where people go missing all to easily, and to the heavy gang activity in the area. Dismemberment is common in drug related murders. Sometimes this is meant to convey a message to family members"
"

It would not surprise me if somewhere else in the area there is a partially dismembered body with these same pieces missing. That they hacked off the parts with the tattoo and dumped them in the sewer, then disposed of the rest somewhere else.

We need a missing person's tattoo image gallery or something like facial recognition on facebook but tattoo recognition... it would help LE w/ gang members and others that might have alot of ink. It's my idea. For the world to see... in case this goes big time...I'd like in on the patent.. there has to be an app already:)

That actually sounds like an amazing idea!

Does anyone know if we already have a thread that has links to all the missing persons with tattoos (And hopefully pictures of their tattoos) and links to the UIDs with tattoos?

Just a thought, but is it possible that the victim was killed longer ago, perhaps frozen (eugh), and dismembered and disposed of at a later date? Anything's possible, but this would mean that even if the body parts had not been in the sewer long, the person may have been dead longer than it first appears, which means people who have been missing for longer than it appears the timeframe would allow shouldn't be ruled out?!

Just a thought, but is it possible that the victim was killed longer ago, perhaps frozen (eugh), and dismembered and disposed of at a later date? Anything's possible, but this would mean that even if the body parts had not been in the sewer long, the person may have been dead longer than it first appears, which means people who have been missing for longer than it appears the timeframe would allow shouldn't be ruled out?!

The ME can tell if tissue has been frozen.

"Lumps of tattooed human flesh found in Detroit sewer belong to 'large white woman', police reveal"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-white-woman-large-build.html#ixzz2BYnmcj46

Authorities said they do not believe the body parts were put into the line at the location, but may have come anywhere north or west of the line.

The inceptor line services 833,000 customers in different communities and started six months ago.

The shocking discovery comes after two decapitated bodies were pulled from the Detroit River and a canal in July."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ng-white-woman-large-build.html#ixzz2BYnL7Fpx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB
Back