GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, I just watched that video and there was allot of damage the whole mattress was gone, down to the springs and the window sills were really burnt bad....

They said the child was burned beyond recognition.
Pretty bad.

What a horrible, sad case. : ( It sounds like very soon they'll ID her - and with the fabric sample that matches the description of her shirt she was wearing, it seems pretty clear it's Mariha.

In some ways, thank God these remains have been found - at least the case can move forward and whoever is responsible can be held accountable, and the family won't have to suffer a life long mystery of what happened to this precious little girl.

I wonder if she was dead before she ever left the home...and burning her way an attempt to cover...

I wonder if she was dead before she ever left the home...and burning her way an attempt to cover...

I have wondered that also, C.

I am just doing my very best to await more info from LE. They must be having a very hard time figuring out what happened in the house that night and next morning. I'm just praying for them that they can get answers to figure it all out.

This reminds of Hailey Dunn's case, where LE have had to wade through a lot of confusion and conflicts in the stories of what happened on the day she went missing, night before, next day. Very difficult for them.

Mostly, I'm just praying that little Mariha did not suffer too badly or too long, but was gone quickly. Obviously, I do believe this little sweetheart is not with us any more.

IMO. I think the Perp left the house with her took her to the empty house a mile away, did his thing, then killed and then tried to get rid of all evidence (DNA if u know what I mean) by burning her.

I understand the whole burning to get rid of evidence, But burning next to an occupied house call attention very quickly,

This was an abandon house they could have hid her body in a closet in there and it wouldn't have been found for a long time.

And the person who did it would of had allot of time to get away.

I guess the need to get rid of DNA and finger prints was more important then getting away.

ETA: Unless the person who did it knew that LE would be looking at them first....And was a person who couldn't just leave.

IMO. I think the Perp left the house with her took her to the empty house a mile away, did his thing, then killed and then tried to get rid of all evidence (DNA if u know what I mean) by burning her.

Yep - maybe someone leaving early, Mariha was awake and he lured her by saying he'd take her for food or fun somewhere.
Wasn't there a report by a neighbor that said they saw a man and a young girl walking together that morning?

If she was already dead before the fire then why burn her body unless you are trying to cover something up.

I understand the whole burning to get rid of evidence, But burning next to an occupied house call attention very quickly,

This was an abandon house they could have hid her body in a closet in there and it wouldn't have been found for a long time.

And the person who did it would of had allot of time to get away.

I guess the need to get rid of DNA and finger prints was more important then getting away.

ETA: Unless the person who did it knew that LE would be looking at them first....And was a person who couldn't just leave.

Yeah that part is a little puzzling about burning the whole house down.

If she was already dead before the fire then why burn her body unless you are trying to cover something up.

Well that is why I said about the perps DNA. If her body was badly burned would they even be able to do a rape kit on it? Just a question cause that is what I was thinking too.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/child-found-dead-in-home

I Guess Mother is not talking to news anymore, per this video.

From your link:

DETROIT, Mich. (WXYZ) - The mother of missing 5-year-old Mariah Smith would not talk to reporters when she returned home Monday evening from a marathon session of questioning and a lie detector test. But family members did tell Action News she remains hopeful that her daughter is still alive.

BBM because I thought the wording was interesting.

Also, from watching that video...

The lady they interviewed (did not say who she was - I'm assuming family member) said that Konesha is home, but not allowed to talk.

The reporter said Konesha was at the police station being interviewed for over 10 hours.

They are still hopeful and passing out flyers.

They also stated in that video after the Lie Detector test LE returned to search through the home again...? :waitasec:

Well that is why I said about the perps DNA. If her body was badly burned would they even be able to do a rape kit on it? Just a question cause that is what I was thinking too.

I was thinking the same thing. Whoever burned that child did so thinking they were getting rid of any evidence of sexual assault. JMO.

They also stated in that video after the Lie Detector test LE returned to search through the home again...? :waitasec:

Missed that. My video kept freezing.

I believe LE thinks someone that was in the house knows something.
jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nat Dru
Back