GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
more from article

Smith said after a get-together at the home Saturday night and into the wee hours of Sunday, Mariha was put to bed on the living room floor with three cousins at about 3 a.m.

Smith said she was asleep on the couch in the same room when someone took her little girl. She didn't realize Mariha was missing -- not watching cartoons in another room with her cousins -- until about 11 a.m.

snip

"They think I'm a suspect right now, and I told them I never had anything to do with my daughter missing," she said. "They said they don't understand how someone can go over your head and take your daughter. I wish I knew! So, hopefully, after I take a lie detector test, they'll get up and start looking for her. I'm praying they've been looking for her."
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Latest on noon news WDIV (Channel 4) www.clickondetroit.com :

* Police continue to question Konesha Smith regarding the disappearance of her daughter

* Konesha Smith to have DNA test at nearby hospital for comparison to charred remains in burned house

* Arson investigators at the scene of the fire found a small piece of a black shirt with pink rosebuds that matches the description of the shirt that Mariha was wearing when last seen* Grandmother prays with Mariha's cousins and asks G-d to protect the little girl's "soul"

The grandma has made some unusual comments. I don't have a good feeling about the outcome here. jmo

Bolded by me, apparently someone at the family home knew what she was wearing.

~Respectfully snipped~

And I'll respectfully disagree. To me, it means no one bathed her and got her ready for bed. That she was sleeping in her clothes and not her jammies. :( What time did this party start?

Salem

They didn't say what time the party started. There were other children in the home who have been interviewed by LE and may have been able to identify what she was wearing and if she dressed herself after she woke.

Not everyone bathes nightly before bed. Growing up I didn't get a bath every night. In fact I remember bath night and sharing bath water with my two younger siblings and the fights over who got to bath first. One of us fighting for the cleanest water and the other for the warmest water. Daily bathing a child is still fairly recent with parenting and is not indicative of neglecting a child. Think of the other countries who a decade ago found it bizzare Americans take so many showers.

* Police continue to question Konesha Smith regarding the disappearance of her daughter

* Konesha Smith to have DNA test at nearby hospital for comparison to charred remains in burned house

* Arson investigators at the scene of the fire found a small piece of a black shirt with pink rosebuds that matches the description of the shirt that Mariha was wearing when last seen

* Grandmother prays with Mariha's cousins and asks G-d to protect the little girl's "soul"

The grandma has made some unusual comments. I don't have a good feeling about the outcome here. jmo

BBM
Sadly, I'm afraid that what I have been thinking all along, is true.
It would a huge coincidence if another little girl went missing wearing a very similar shirt and was found dead so close to the home of little Mariha.

I hope LE can find the murderer and there will be justice for this beautiful child.
:(

Ok, List of thing that conflict in statements

Mother said She put Mariha on living room floor sleeping near her.

Aunt says She put Mariha on floor in Dinning room to sleep

Mother says the Fan was not in the window and in another video she says it was in the window

Aunt say Fan was in the window and Person who climbed through window pulled it out and it was lying on the ground outside the window.

And anyone else notice the time that they noticed Mariha missing keeps changing the first time was

12:00 pm
Then 11:00 pm
Now the latest video say around 10:30 am...:banghead:

The Truth doesn't change!

If I am Wrong about any of these PLEASE correct it in following post.

Wow, i feel sick. I just put the 3800 address into Family watchdog and it's very alarming that so many offenders live in this area. I can't even see the house icon to look close by! Disgusting.

Thank you for looking. Family watch dog maps are too difficult for me to read, especially when there are so many offenders of different kinds listed I can't make out the street names. I'm used to the state sites by street address but not being a local that wouldn't work in this case.

I'm sure Detroit, like other big cities is packed with offenders.

Or else someone recognized the fabric once they saw it...

Ok, List of thing that conflict in statements

Mother said She put Mariha on living room floor sleeping near her.

Aunt says She put Mariha on floor in Dinning room to sleep

Mother says the Fan was not in the window and in another video she says it was in the window

Aunt say Fan was in the window and Person who climbed through window pulled it out and it was lying on the ground outside the window.

And anyone else notice them time that they noticed Mariha missing keeps changing the first time was

12:00 pm
Then 11:00 pm
Now the latest video say around 10:30 am...:banghead:

The Truth doesn't change!

No it doesn't but with multiple family members being interviewed. Multiple media outlets reporting on this story since when is info accurate this early on in a case? It's not. Every person being interviewed is giving a comination of facts and their theory. Upthread it was mentioned perhaps the fan vibrated and fell from the window. A child could have pushed the fan from the window.

That window is 6' from the ground. In the screen shot (which may be dated and source was not posted) there appears to be a ton of hosta's in front of the home which should show evidence of someone walking on the plants, a fan falling out the window.... LE needs time to conduct their investigation.

Thank you for looking. Family watch dog maps are too difficult for me to read, especially when there are so many offenders of different kinds listed I can't make out the street names. I'm used to the state sites by street address but not being a local that wouldn't work in this case.

I'm sure Detroit, like other big cities is packed with offenders.

Once you zoom in it isn't as daunting but still not great. I wish we had a list of the people in that house on Saturday to check out.

BBM
Sadly, I'm afraid that what I have been thinking all along, is true.
It would a huge coincidence if another little girl went missing wearing a very similar shirt and was found dead so close to the home of little Mariha.

I hope LE can find the murderer and there will be justice for this beautiful child.
:(

LE has grainy video of the guy who started the fire and purchased the .41 cents or .57 cents worth of gas at the BP two blocks from where the fire was started. It's a matter of identifying and apprehending the perp imo.

I'm curious about the POI LE was said to have been talking to yesterday. Was this POI the person who made the gas purchase or the person who allegedly had the altercation with Mom at the party store/liquor store. ( upthread it was mentioned in Detroit sometimes liquor stores are also called party stores from a MI WS'r).

LE has grainy video of the guy who started the fire and purchased the .41 cents or .57 cents worth of gas at the BP two blocks from where the fire was started. It's a matter of identifying and apprehending the perp imo.

I'm curious about the POI LE was said to have been talking to yesterday. Was this POI the person who made the gas purchase or the person who allegedly had the altercation with Mom at the party store/liquor store. ( upthread it was mentioned in Detroit sometimes liquor stores are also called party stores from a MI WS'r).

I think they have 3 POI in custody at this time.

One is a man that lived 3 doors down from the burnt house who neighbors say sold Crack from that house.

Second one is the Guy from the Party store who made advances toward Mariha's mom

And the Third is the Guy who bought the gas.

All have been there since Sunday but none of them have been charged.

* Arson investigators at the scene of the fire found a small piece of a black shirt with pink rosebuds that matches the description of the shirt that Mariha was wearing when last seen

* Grandmother prays with Mariha's cousins and asks G-d to protect the little girl's "soul"

Thanks BDE! :grouphug:

Here's the direct link to the story talking about the piece of shirt:

New Clue Found In Detroit Girl's Disappearance
Police Investigating Whether Missing Girl, Body Found Are Connected
POSTED: Monday, July 25, 2011
UPDATED: 12:21 pm EDT July 26, 2011

According to the Amber Alert, Smith was last seen wearing a black shirt with pink roses on it.

Local 4 learned Tuesday that a piece of black fabric with pink roses on it was found under debris where the body of a young girl was found after an arson fire was put out. It has been sent to a crime lab.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28661107/detail.html

Can anyone tell me from other cases here

Is it possible to burn a body that fast to the state that it was in
It was only about 5 min...

:cry:

I think they have 3 POI in custody at this time.

One is a man that lived 3 doors down from the burnt house who neighbors say sold Crack from that house.

Second one is the Guy from the Party store who made advances toward Mariha's mom

And the Third is the Guy who bought the gas.

All have been there since Sunday but none of them have been charged.

Thank you! I'm glad to know the party store guy was an altercation over making advances at Mariha's mom, not Mariha.

Guy who bought the gas is no doubt the perp. Guy who sold crack might be a viable witness as to who was in and out of that house and may be willing to cooperate with LE depending.

good to know!

ETA: CN2' - have any of these three POI's been determined to have any ties with Mariha's family?

Let's move on from the subject of the mother and what state she was or was not in before the crime occurred. She is not a suspect in the crime against her child.

She is a victim, Websleuths is a victim friendly site and there is no bashing of victims.

Thank you, believe.

Thank you! I'm glad to know the party store guy was an altercation over making advances at Mariha's mom, not Mariha.

Guy who bought the gas is no doubt the perp. Guy who sold crack might be a viable witness as to who was in and out of that house and may be willing to cooperate with LE depending.

good to know!

Yeah, I was just thinking about the guy who bought .41 cents worth of gas...

How do you explain that to the police when they ask.

Especially since a house less than 2 blocks away was set on fire right after you bought the gas...

Can anyone tell me from other cases here

Is it possible to burn a body that fast to the state that it was in
It was only about 5 min...

:cry:

I think so. Mariha was a tiny child. If you looked at the video of the remnants of the fire, there was a lot of damage to the home.

If it helps, I don't think it was five minutes between when the fire was started and extinquished.

The 5 minutes was the response time from the time the fire was reported and the time firefighters arrived.

The child couldn't have been burnt that badly if they were able to visually determine gender.

hth.

I think so. Mariha was a tiny child. If you looked at the video of the remnants of the fire, there was a lot of damage to the home.

If it helps, I don't think it was five minutes between when the fire was started and extinguished.

The 5 minutes was the response time from the time the fire was reported and the time firefighters arrived.

The child couldn't have been burnt that badly if they were able to visually determine gender.
hth.

Yeah, I just watched that video and there was allot of damage the whole mattress was gone, down to the springs and the window sills were really burnt bad....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janemt
Back