GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hate to see those red words, Found Deceased. :(
Rest you angel.

Okay, here is what bothers me about this so far. FS says she puts the child down in the dining room on the floor and hugs her goodnight, then leaves. She says " she was still in the house when I left."
NOTE= She does not say she was still alive, just still in the home.

So FS is supposedly gone. Mom is passed out drunk. So that leaves QS, her BF, and the mystery 3rd man, and possibly mom's bf, still in the home.

If the child was assaulted in the home I think there would have been evidence left behind, and there were 6 other children there. I think it would have been seen.

So did one or more of them take her out of there @ 4 am? Why would the aunt allow that? Didn't she have kids there too? [I am not sure if she did, actually I seem to remember someone saying they thought she might have had a recent miscarriage.]

Anyway, I think it would have been either a repayment of a big drug debt or something, like Shaniya, OR a revenge motive of some kind. But who was the target of the revenge? The mother? It is hard to believe she would have that angry or evil of an enemy. It seems more plausible that a twisted Sex Offender just saw the opportunity and jumped on it. Especially since it was so unplanned, so sloppy, the way the gas was bought.

I am thinking that QS and her bf found themselves in debt somehow to an evil twisted sex offender and they let him in the house that night to save themselves.

Bless you Baby Girl - may you fly high with the Angels.

:(

Salem

I am so saddened and infuriated by cases like this. I just don't understand..................

RIP, Mariha. You are Heavens new angel with a shiney new halo and soft angel wings. Instead of an old mattress in an abandoned house, you now have a soft, fluffy cloud to sleep on.

This poor child. :(

:rose: Rest in peace, pretty little girl :rose:

Nooooooooo. :(

Rest in peace, adorable little Mariha. You deserved better.

:rose:

The neighborhood where Mariha lived (and, sadly, died) is about five miles from my childhood home in Detroit (1957-1971). I asked DH at dinner this evening if we could drive there sometime this weekend to place flowers at the memorial site where precious Mariha's remains were found. I will include the good people here at Websleuths in my thoughts and prayers for this beautiful little girl who, like others whose cases we follow, is gone too soon.

Please don't judge Mariha's mother, family members, and friends of the family too harshly. The people of Detroit have experienced hard times in recent years due to high unemployment, decreasing population, schools closing, increasing crime, desperate people who are truly in despair. Detroit may not be the great city that it was when I was growing up, but I have never not been proud to say that I'm a Motown Girl!

I am heartbroken and so very angry. This beautiful, precious little girl is gone.

I can hardly stand it.

Did I read correctly that a third "mysterious" man was in the house with this child? If that is what I read, why come that doesn't sound correct - it's very hinky.

I am heartbroken and so very angry. This beautiful, precious little girl is gone.

I can hardly stand it.
I hear you.

That photo of her smiling...ohmygosh!

Now an angel...or maybe she always was and always will be.

:rose:

This guy is buying gasoline to burn a beautiful little girl and he is so calm and collected. I tried getting more still shots from the surveillance but still not very clear...

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/new...se-where-girl-body-found-burned-20110728-wpms

gasguy4.png

gasguy.png

gasguy2.png

gasguy3.png

Did I read correctly that a third "mysterious" man was in the house with this child? If that is what I read, why come that doesn't sound correct - it's very hinky.

That's what one of the children is saying. Besides Quanita and her boyfriend, there was a third man there in the wee hours with them, according to one child who lay awake while Konesha (the mom) slept in the room.

The truth will come out soon. There are too many people involved in this. I think someone is going to talk. RIP and know you never deserved this horrible ending to your short stay on earth.

I have this totally wrong. I thought the video was regarding the man in the blue shirt..I thought he was the mystery dude. It is the guy in the shorts?

For those of you who are interested in sleuthing the location of the homes/streets in this Detroit neighbood, you might like to visit this link:
http://www.ci.detroit.mi.us/historic/districts/russell_woods.pdf

This residential area of Detroit was generally referred to as Dexter-Davison (after the major intersection). In it's prime, this was a primarily Jewish neighborhood with lovely homes, several synagogues, specialty markets, etc. Brothers Carl (senior Senator) and Sander Levin (Congressman) grew up in this area of Detroit.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg
Back