GUILTY MI - Mariha Smith, 5, Detroit, 24 July 2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well they didn't say anything about climbing. Someone inside could pass the child out to someone outside. That would fit with what the reporter said LE believes - the child was taken out through the window.

I guess I was just assuming it was one perp. They talked about one guy buying gas and one guy being in custody and one guy having a beef with mom.

But even if it was two, why climb out a window, having to literally climb OVER a sleeping mom, while you could just walk out the door?

She is an exceptionally beautiful child. Maybe that is why I keep thinking of a sexual predator situation or a Shaniya repeat. Tragic situation, once again.

I've been trying to push that idea out of my head, but it won't budge. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This brings to mind another case of a "missing" child whose badly burned body was found in a field near Metro Detroit airport in Romulus: Raven Jeffries. No arrests have ever been made in the child's disappearance/murder, but it was believed to be someone known to the family and perhaps drug-related.

I searched for links about Raven Jeffries and found a few, but I'm not sure if they'd allowed here at WS. If anyone finds a legitimate link, please post so others can see the similarities to Mariha's case. Thanks.

Found this link to the discussion about the case here at WS:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41726&highlight=raven+jeffries

BDEyes,

Thanks for that link. That tragic case is very similar. I wonder if there are any POI's in common here. It does seem like it could be a revenge killing for a big drug debt or something. But only if the killer is a totally cold blooded monster of course.

If the little body found is not Mariha, wouldn't another child be reported missing?

If the little body found is not Mariha, wouldn't another child be reported missing?

In Detroit, not necessarily. This week marks the 44th anniversary of the Detroit riots (which happens to be the summer that I met my DH), and things have pretty much gone downhill since then. We both grew up in the city and still enjoy downtown cultural and sports events, as well as a few fine dining venues, but as it celebrates its 310th birthday, Detroit definitely isn't what it was in its heyday. jmo

I thought we would have had an updated story when the evening news came out.

I want to know if the Mother is still with LE.
I want to know what if she passed her poly.
I want to know if they are STILL looking for Mariha.

Minutes seem like days in these type of case's, prayers........................

NG is covering FCA right now.

Wonder when they will cover Mariha's case.

I guess I was just assuming it was one perp. They talked about one guy buying gas and one guy being in custody and one guy having a beef with mom.

But even if it was two, why climb out a window, having to literally climb OVER a sleeping mom, while you could just walk out the door?

BBM

IMO, the screen could have just fallen out because of the fan being put in and out several times. It doesn't make sense nor does it seem possible to climb over an adult (with a child) when at some point it would be obvious she was in a very deep sleep. Not pointing fingers but this makes me think of what could have happened with Haleigh Cummings, did Mariha walk out on her own or was there no parental supervision. Whatever has happened it makes me sick. Sweet, precious child.

[/B]

BBM

IMO, the screen could have just fallen out because of the fan being put in and out several times. It doesn't make sense nor does it seem possible to climb over an adult (with a child) when at some point it would be obvious she was in a very deep sleep. Not pointing fingers but this makes me think of what could have happened with Haleigh Cummings, did Mariha walk out on her own or was there no parental supervision. Whatever has happened it makes me sick. Sweet, precious child.

Your post just made me think of something.

When Shaniya's Mom said Shaniya "walked" out, they brought dogs in and there was no scent detected. So, LE said she was carried. And sure enough, she was.

Just wondering if they have had scent dogs out there.

Your post just made me think of something.

When Shaniya's Mom said Shaniya "walked" out, they brought dogs in and there was no scent detected. So, LE said she was carried. And sure enough, she was.

Just wondering if they have had scent dogs out there.

Excellent question!

I cannot find anything about search dogs being used, I am so pizzed wondering why not!

I guess the NG show changed their minds???
:waitasec:

Mariha is 5 years old. She is NOT too young for dental records. She just hasn't been taken to the dentist yet. Many children go when they get their first molars. My kids had been to the dentist at least twice when they were 5.

I think this was quick for it to be a Shaniya situation... 3 hours from abduction to the fire.

The skull... I know that seems like it would be to cover up the identity like Ethan Stacy.

However, there is another case right now, an 8 year old girl Alexus. Her skull was reportedly severely bludgeoned as well as her neck broken... by her mother. She was in the crawlspace of the home... so not much effort made there to cover up the identity or even hide the crime.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=145074&page=2

There is always that chance that the skull is just where the initial injury occurred... which led to the suffocation and cover up.
I guess we will find out which came first?

I guess the NG show changed their minds???

Well FCA did decide that she needs therapy. :eek: :banghead:

Priorities...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members