MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DNA blood analysis results back....DNA does not match Nevaeh Buchanan.

A lot of tips pouring in (over 700)

100 person task force and support staff

Will remain involved in this case until all leads and info is followed through.

LE is still hopeful. They will bring Nevaeh home one way or another.

Some blood is Mr,Kennedy's...some is unknown...but the blood is NOT Nevaeah's

GK is still POI in this case, when he says POI he means that they have other info that may lead to him being involved. (until evidence rules him in or out)
They have other POI's daily. They rule them in or out as evidence and info comes in.

Won't comment on what LE did or did not recover in the woods behind the complex.

Ask volunteers NOT to search same areas that LE is searching...and they are cooperating.

Won't name any other POI's.
While focusing on one POI, they do NOT stop everything to just focus on that one individual. They won't lose focus of where they should be.

No comment to whether Jennifer is on the list of POI's or not...(???)

LE is not getting discouraged at all...They willl stay on this until they "recover" Nevaeh and hopefully the perpetrator as well.

The longer they do NOT find evidence that Nevaeh is hurt, injured or 'whatever', the more hope they have that she's alive.

End of Presser.

Great job recapping the presser, Badme102. Thank you so much.

I still think it's weird that none of the blood found is Nevaehs. But, I'm thankful.

:rose: Come home soon Nevaeh.

Recover... while they say that they still hold out hope, more often than not, "recover" in LE terms usually means searching for a body. I am hoping that that was just a misuse of the word, during the presser.

Welcome cornflakekid! :)

On the last linked video url here in this thread I looked at a news video on little Tangena Hussein. Such a cute little girl. Apparently, Nevaeh's disappearance has brought Tangena back to mind for the local news people there too.

could you tell me the post # that has this link in it? Thanks

Hmmmmm. Are they testing the blood to see if they belong to this Savannah girl that provided GK's aliby? If it doesn't match hers then she knows something too and is just lying to cover his a$$.

Anyone know what's going on with those clothes found and helicopter

NOt yet. Getting most of my news from the monroe talks site.

According to the above mentioned forum. Cnn reporters on scene in Monroe somewhere.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/090528_nevaeh_day_5

(snip)
Police have also recovered a letter written by Nevaeh's mother addressed to Kennedy. Investigators believe Jennifer Buchanan tried to destroy the letter by tearing it. The letter was recovered torn in a dumpster search. Investigators will not disclose the nature of her message to Kennedy.
49-year-old Roy Smith, who was convicted of raping a 24-year-old woman, also remains a person of interest. In fact, no one has been cleared or ruled out of responsibility in Nevaeh's disappearance. That includes her own mother.
The Monroe County Sheriff told us his search teams will work throughout the night, and they plan a progress report on the case at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You don't rip up letters that aren't incriminating!!

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/090528_nevaeh_day_5

(snip)
Police have also recovered a letter written by Nevaeh's mother addressed to Kennedy. Investigators believe Jennifer Buchanan tried to destroy the letter by tearing it. The letter was recovered torn in a dumpster search. Investigators will not disclose the nature of her message to Kennedy.
49-year-old Roy Smith, who was convicted of raping a 24-year-old woman, also remains a person of interest. In fact, no one has been cleared or ruled out of responsibility in Nevaeh's disappearance. That includes her own mother.
The Monroe County Sheriff told us his search teams will work throughout the night, and they plan a progress report on the case at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday.

Didn't Jennifer claim that the torn up letter was retrieved from the waste basket in her bedroom?

Didn't Jennifer claim that the torn up letter was retrieved from the waste basket in her bedroom?

Chilly !! :blowkiss: I don't know the answer to your question, just really excited to see you!!

Chilly !! :blowkiss: I don't know the answer to your question, just really excited to see you!!

Thanks, I'm also enjoying posting with all my friends again, especially since we're all in agreement in this case. :blowkiss:

I saw that you were chosen as poster of the month. Congrats to you, you certainly deserve the honor. :clap:

It doesn't appear she specificially said where. I had the impression it was found in her home as well.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090529/NEWS05/90529035

(snip)
Buchanan said investigators pulled the letter from her garbage after she ripped it up before sending it to Kennedy, who was in jail at the time. She said the letter said nothing about her daughter, or Kennedy spending time with her.

whew - did they find her yet?? Or should I plan on still heading down that way tomorrow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Little boston