MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These days it seems as if all the media reports are inconsistant. It causes confusion, then much later on we sometimes quote a report that turned out not to be true or at least factual.

I wish the writers of these articles would double check their facts when writing about this sort of thing. Example: Nevaeh was clothed in clothing similiar to those she was wearing when she disappeared. Then in the Fox tape we hear that Nevaeh was found unclothed.

This is just too serious and too sad for reporters to just throw things out there without checking for the real facts! Which one should we believe?

OK, I am done now. Sorry.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/state/stor...evaehs-Body-Found/h9RAk9v0Ikmsy0LW057cYA.cspx

watch the video in the far right box. It has an interview with Guy Bickley. He says that they were fishing on the edge of the river and standing on the cement... he said it was over a couple hours that they noticed the smell and the cement crumbled. B said, "something's not right here... something is buried here" and he pushed "all the broken concrete away with his toe" he said that it took a few hours for them to "break this up" (the concrete) with " my feet movin' around and I saw skin" and than he told his Dad they should pack up their stuff and they went up and called 911

At the time when the talk of the concrete was mentioned it was on NG. It was a block or formed block. It was just so hard to fathom. My heart sunk. I cried. Still am now. I was trying to tie in the blood found at the motel, and two or more people bleeding, and maybe that's how they got cut.

Now one of the articles is saying concrete block.

Updated at 10:15 p.m.

The pair – a man and his father -- noticed a disruption in the soil along the edge of the river and saw a large cement block and a chip in it, from which a terrible smell emanated.

The younger man apparently poked at the soil and saw skin. They immediately contacted police.

I really want to know the shape of the cement/concrete.

When I hear block, I can see her being placed in a cooler and having it poured over her.

Did they encase her in concrete somewhere else? or did they do it where she was found? either way, there are certain materials that would have to be used no matter where it was done.

These days it seems as if all the media reports are inconsistant. It causes confusion, then much later on we sometimes quote a report that turned out not to be true or at least factual.

I wish the writers of these articles would double check their facts when writing about this sort of thing. Example: Nevaeh was clothed in clothing similiar to those she was wearing when she disappeared. Then in the Fox tape we hear that Nevaeh was found unclothed.

This is just too serious and too sad for reporters to just throw things out there without checking for the real facts! Which one should we believe?

OK, I am done now. Sorry.

That's ok-I feel the same way. The public should be able to rely on the media for facts but often that is not the case. I just watched that FOX video and rewound it 2 times to make sure the reporter said the body was found unclothed because it conflicted w/another story.
There should be a law against "False reporting".

This is a 'sleuthing' board. The concrete 'could' be very informative in attempting to create a time line which 'could' lead to the identity of the killer or provide additional information that might help lead to the killer. If you have a problem with people 'sleuthing' on a 'sleuthing' board, I guess it's your right to piss and moan about it.

just jumping off your post although I don't like the tone of it.... not that my opinion of your post demeanor matters...

the fact that the concrete was reported to have not sunk and that is why it was found along with a strong odor protruding thru the concrete could either be bull and mean the people finding it knew where it was (not saying this is the case)
as these are not common characteristics of concrete both above facts make you say huh?
typically these would not occur with regular concrete however when you place a body in something whatever contains it becomes filled with methane gas... little body not dead that long... should be limited methane but the above facts seem to prove otherwise to me...
not a scientist but i would assume that her body was put in the concrete either prior to or immediately after her death... I also wonder if there was a decomp accelerant added like lye or others...
I have not followed this case and have not even read all the threads but i did hear on NG that some guy (the one they charged with arson) was burning receipts in his yard at 5am ... why burn receipts if the store may have you on video camera... my suggestion start searching mom and pop hardware stores that do not use serveilence
unless le releases the brand of concrete used (which i doubt they will) we have a variable of drying/setting time concrete also takes a significant area to work with lots of water and bags of mix needed to encase a body and the powder mix gets everywhere
if this is a local fishing spot the time of dumping the body would have to be specific as fishers go out at all hours of the night into the morning...
is this receipt pyro the same one that claimed he cut himself fishing?

At the time when the talk of the concrete was mentioned it was on NG. It was a block or formed block. It was just so hard to fathom. My heart sunk. I cried. Still am now. I was trying to tie in the blood found at the motel, and two or more people bleeding, and maybe that's how they got cut.

Nothing was meant by me to be a damn engineer! I just wanted to get the perps immediately!

It's just what we do here. With the Sandra case we analyzed that suitcase for a good while. Websleuths is always ahead of the news in sleuthing out facts and I appreciate that.
Has anyone seen if Savannah G. has a myspace?

I questioned this earlier. If you don't count the mother's story of the girl who "spent the night" coming in to say Neveah was playing in the road on her scooter then it would appear the boy's father was the last person to see her. What I don't understand is if she really was at that upstairs apartment and eating at 3:30pm...what happened afterwards? Did he send Neveah home and she never made it? Did he allow her to go out alone? Who was the girl who said she was out playing in the road and does her story check out?

I have a busy morning tomorrow SS but I really want to back and review what was said on NG tonight about the little girl that the Mother says spent the night and came in to tell her that Neveah was riding out in the road on her scooter. The transcript should be up in the morning.

There was some discussion but I couldn't hear it completely about that particular event. IIRC, what caught my ear was NG drew the conclusion that something was wrong about that part of the story and concluded that the Mother was the last person to see Neveah.

I just wasn't able to hear that portion of the show clearly.

Hey all...this thread has moved so fast my head is spinning, I only caught on like way after they discovered the body. Is the main link of the find somewhere? I don't want to read this whole thread or I'll be a bazillion pages behind again. I'm just looking for the main article where it talks about it. I know. I'm dense and way behind :confused:

Thanks!

Mom and Nevaeh lived with grandma.

Thank you. So in short, the bio mom really was in control here. I wonder why CPS allowed that they all live under the same roof. I've yet to see the grandma on TV, and can't imagine what she's going thru right now.

As far as the bio-mom, I really don't care what she may be going thru. I (IMHO) blame her for all of this -- especially if we find out the boyfriend SO did this. I bet grandma didn't have a clue.

MOO

Mel

I know it's too soon to speculate but your post brought a thought to my mind.

A stranger that didn't care about Neveah probably wouldn't have taken such care with her disposal. This seems at first report to be done by someone who cared about her in a way. Didn't want her body exposed directly to the elements and wildlife. Perhaps?

Also, there wasn't a lot of thought put into disposing of her. So far, it sounds sloppy and not well thought out. I hope that it was because that means they didn't think to be cautious about forensic evidence (DNA,fibers, etc).

And if they didn't, Neveah will speak to the ME during autopsy. No she will be yelling with evidence and point a finger directly to who did this to her. That is what I'm hoping for tonight. Tell them baby girl.

My thoughts run along those lines. Maybe it was an accidental killing (although still crime involved here obviously...something like daddy george just wanted to "love" her/rape her, then she died, and he felt sadness??)...or maybe the actual perp didn't do the burying. He had someone else do it, someone who isn't a predator, someone who felt sad for the little girl and wanted her found and/or protected, but yet felt compelled to protect kennedy due to a "crush"? would a woman bury a child for a man? seeming more and more like it.

http://www.wxyz.com/news/state/stor...evaehs-Body-Found/h9RAk9v0Ikmsy0LW057cYA.cspx

watch the video in the far right box. It has an interview with Guy Bickley. He says that they were fishing on the edge of the river and standing on the cement... he said it was over a couple hours that they noticed the smell and the cement crumbled. B said, "something's not right here... something is buried here" and he pushed "all the broken concrete away with his toe" he said that it took a few hours for them to "break this up" (the concrete) with " my feet movin' around and I saw skin" and than he told his Dad they should pack up their stuff and they went up and called 911
bumping this up... it is an interview with the man who found the body. He was standing on top of the concrete at the edge of the water fishing... it took several hours to crumble and he kicked at it and saw skin and called 911.. It seems that the crete was poured over the shallow grave.. this interview was very enlightening as it came from the man who found her...

I have been speed reading a thread and a half and I give up. I'll just ask. Please, someone tell me that we know she was at least already gone when the concrete was used? Someone, anyone?

It's just what we do here. With the Sandra case we analyzed that suitcase for a good while. Websleuths is always ahead of the news in sleuthing out facts and I appreciate that.
Has anyone seen if Savannah G. has a myspace?

I agree. There's no need for anyone to feel guilty for discussing the facts of the case, that's the purpose of this forum. People are here because they care. People want answers because they care. I don't understand why any member here would attack other members for using the forum for it's stated purpose. :waitasec:

for those who missed NG... anglewhocares posted them on the astro thread for Neveah

Nothing was meant by me to be a damn engineer! I just wanted to get the perps immediately!

Me too, Dr. Know. (want to get the perps immediately) The element in which Nevaeh was found is a solid and important fact of her discovery. I wish it weren't because to me it makes it horrific. I am also saddened beyond belief. This is just sick.

Oh, and Dr., don't feel bad about not being a damn engineer. I ain't no damn rocket scientist myself.

Is anyone shaking like me right now. The more details that come out, the more my blood pressure goes up. There HAS to be new legislation for SO. If they are let out, automatic monitoring (via ankle bracelet) forever. Like Nancy Grace said, if we can put a man on the moon, we can put a bracelet on a SO.

Our children are worth so much more than the dollars it would cost to do this. I'd gladly pay more taxes, and I'm sure everyone else would too!

Best,

Mel

I do agree with you. The government NEEDS to contain these SO's,
so they know their every move.

I am sick and tired of children being hurt by them.

Nevaeh's Mother should be held accountable as well as the perp when he is charged. She sounded too casual REGARDING her "concern" about having someone of this slimey caliber around her baby !

I have lived in an upper middle class neighborhood in excess of 25 years.
WHEN a home gets shown by a realtor, or they have an open house, I have a painted sign, which I display in my FRONT yard for those times, only, to make buyers aware.... IT IS A LG. CIRCLE, SLASH THROUGH IT, AND IT STATES "NO SEX OFFENDERS TOLERATED." Buyers takke heed. I was on the local news showing it one day.

I have been speed reading a thread and a half and I give up. I'll just ask. Please, someone tell me that we know she was at least already gone when the concrete was used? Someone, anyone?

The teenager said the body was encased in a cement block and they could smell it. His father, he said, chipped a piece of cement away and saw skin and when he saw skin, he stopped and called police. The block was near the water.

Don't know if she was gone. Would have to wait for the autopsy report but my guess would be yes she was already gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro