MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or we could insert a chip into their brain that will go off and scream inside their heads anytime they look at a child or come within 50 ft. of one. Something to automatically paralize them so they cannot respond and it cannot be removed without a neurosurgeon. ;)

The SO tat on the forehead would soon turn into a full face tat which could disguise it.

'Tis brillig, SS xox

Differing accounts of what happened:

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19578924/detail.html

Sherry Buchanan said her daughter had been in and out of the apartment Sunday and the windows were open, but she heard nothing until a friend of Nevaeh's asked where she was.
"If Nevaeh would've yelled, Jennifer would have heard her," Buchanan said as she stood with her son, Michael, and Nevaeh's father.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19592416/detail.html
On Sunday evening, Jennifer Buchanan said Nevaeh was outside playing with a friend, when the girl came into the home and said couldn't find Nevaeh. The child was last seen playing with her scooter.
Buchanan said she went outside and the girl was gone. Police found her scooter in the parking lot of the apartment complex.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/19556544/detail.html

Jennifer Buchanan told Local 4 her daughter lives with her and her mother and on Sunday evening she was outside playing with a friend. The friend came into her home and told the mother that Nevaeh was playing with her scooter.
Jennifer Buchanan said she went outside to tell her daughter not to go near the road, but when she got there the girl was gone.

~~~~~~

Still looking for Jennifer's statement that she was checking on Nevaeh every few minutes.

I was trying to show my softer side and provide a humane alternative.
You know that whole we aren't sinking to their level nonsense.
A bullet works for me!

On a news video where they showed the members of the family coming out in the darkness to thank the volunteers, I heard a lone voice cry out, something like " . .and when I find out who did this I'm gonna kill him".

One report I read said that she blamed it on her new tattoo.

I'm so far behind in this thread, but had to respond to this. I have quite a few tats myself and know that there is very little blood involved. If she had just gotten a fresh tat, it should have been bandaged. There would only be a tiny amount of blood on the inside of the bandage...no way for it to get on clothing.

I give up. I'll look for the link tomorrow....er, later today. The sun is about to come up here, I need to get to bed. Morning, all.

I give up. I'll look for the link tomorrow....er, later today. The sun is about to come up here, I need to get to bed. Morning, all.

Ditto Chilly, Presser at 7am PDT, right? 10 EDT? I get confused on the time as it is usually stated as EDT and I don't know why since I think Monroe is CDT, right?

TIME FOR THIS GAL TO HIT THE SACK! :crazy:

:blowkiss:

You do make some good points. It could be 4 sets of eyeballs tho. Don't forget RS. Then there is also JE. There are many eyeballs around that particular area.

I don't think I have read or heard where the scooter was found.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/906050449/Body+found+likely+Nevaeh
Picture of where scooter was found at the above link.

The same link states that the men had to wait 2 hours after they called 911 for LE to show up.
2 hours-WTF?

Someone earlier posted this link for a live news feed from Detroit.

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/generic/news/live_stream_2

Watching at 6AM the on scene reporter said her clothes were nearby. So if true it appears she did not have clothes on when encased. I'm not sure what nearby means either. Sounds like a good deal of evidence should be found there.

myfoxDetroit seems to be doing live updates on the half hour on Neveah, reporting clothes found next to her.

It is tragic, but almost a miracle her body was found.
The perp surely wanted her body never been found if it was covered with cement/concrete.
Hopefully forensic testing now will lead the police to the monster/monsters responsible for this outrageous crime.

Whatever excuses there may be for the mother who let sex predator to be her 'father figure' - she is responsible!
All she need was a little common sense, which she obviously did not have.

From Nancy Grace last night:

GRACE: Dr. Bethany, nobody believes it unless they`re familiar with the justice system, but out of all the child molestation cases I ever handled, I cannot recall a single one where the mom knew the sex offender and did not stand by the boyfriend, lover, father, ex. It never failed. They always stood by the guy, just as you were saying. People that aren`t familiar with the system wouldn`t believe it, but it is absolutely true.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0906/04/ng.01.html

My friend who is a psychiatrist, has helped the victims of sexual abuse for many years- says exactly the same thing
:mad:

How awful! Just awful.

My heart breaks for Navaeh. RIP sweetheart.

May you get justice.

I think the theory on how GK's blood actually was on the shirt and the gf's is inspired (sharp concrete). It must be very very hard for LE to wait for the testing to come back as well as the specifics-GK is still in custody correct?

It is hard not to be completely focused on JB's lack of participation in the search, imo anyway. As others stated, I would have been beating the bushes rather than "holed up" inside someone's apartment. Perhaps she did not participate in Neveah's actual disappearance, but she may very well have known who took her the instant she could not find her. Beyond that, as CW's post points out there are differing stories on what occured the day she went missing, and the one lesson I have taken away from Nancy Grace is that the truth never changes.

I hope the baby did not suffer.

I'd like to dedicate "Laura's Song" to Nevaeh and to every WS member for everything each one of you do . . .even when your hearts are broken - Don't give up - :blowkiss: Let's not let Navaeh's death be in vain!

[video=youtube;MhEvTxL7YTg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhEvTxL7YTg[/video]

Nevaeh = Heaven

Someone asked about the presser this morning. I think it was posted last night that it will be held at 10:30AM. That is Eastern Time Zone.

Haas anyone ever heard of a body disposed of in this way? I think it is very unusual. Six years here and I can't think of a single case except for bodies buried under a basement floor.

Sorry, OT for a minute...I don't know if anyone has heard of Paul Bernardo...he was one of Canada's most vicious serial killers. Some things in this case are reminding me so much of that monster, it's scary..

Of of his victims was found 'in a block of cement' by a water's edge, and was found by a man and his son on a fishing expedition! :eek:
Creepy.

Bumping for Scandi's question.

Here is the link to the press conference starting at 10:30 AM.

http://www.wtol.com/

Most of Michigan is in the Eastern Time Zone
The four counties of Dickinson, Gogebic, Iron, and Menominee in the western Upper Peninsula are in the Central Time Zone

What county is Nevaeh in?

Here is the link to the press conference starting at 10:30 AM.

http://www.wtol.com/

Most of Michigan is in the Eastern Time Zone
The four counties of Dickinson, Gogebic, Iron, and Menominee in the western Upper Peninsula are in the Central Time Zone

What county is Nevaeh in?

OK, it is Monroe County, so that means that the presser would be ET.

Are you sure? What I heard earlier when they were asking where the family was gathering, someone said they were together at the house except for JB who was at the apartment with a friend. Her brother's interview sounded like JB lived away from grandma and Nevaeh.

I know someone has likely already answered this... sorry if they have... but yes SS, JB lives with her mother (the grandmother) and her grandmother was the custodian of Neveah.

the jennifer davis that was posting on MT said they were an ex co-worker of the grandmom's

Coming in here late as I've been gone and with no computer.....are you talking about the two sex offenders that the mom knew? She met one of them in rehab and then was introduced to the other guy. Probably more of them in that group besides those two. Doesn't sound like she was to choosy about who she hung our with. She said that she never left the little girl alone with the guys.

What about the girlfriend of the little girl that said she told her that she had to go meet George and walked towards the woods? I wonder if that was the truth. It was said that this was just a day or two before she went missing.
I think it was on Nancy that I heard all of this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member