MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(bbm) Yea none of them do right... plan to kill them afterward....? He probably planned to give her a pat and send her along home. (Sorry I honestly agree w most of your post!) But couldn't it be said this is the fatal "flaw" in every one of these SOB's plans? Woops, if you'd only stayed quiet like a good girl... :rolleyes: How long had he been "grooming" this poor little angel? How long had this been going on... did he just miscalculate the volume of her screams, and underestimate her in an isolated incident? Perps are the ones in the wings waiting to give kids the attention their own family neglects to give them. No doubt he cultivated this precious child while neither parent nor grandparent could be bothered :mad:

:parrot:

You might be surprised how many of them do stay quiet and go right back to the home that sent them out the door. They either keep the secret, or how many adults have you heard say they told their mom and "She didn't believe them".

Honestly, I cannot believe in this day and age, people actually need to be reminded not to leave their children on the street undefended. I raised children for more than thirty years and since the 70's, my children were never allowed to play out front without a parent being there. It didn't matter if it was So. Calif or Oregon, LA County, or any desert town. Parents need to be aware there's ALWAYS someone looking for victims!

JMHO
fran

Hi Fran, It is always so good to see you ;}

Having thought allot about this in cases such as Caylee's, Haleigh's and now Nevaeh's, I have come to the realization these mothers and often primary caregivers, don't care if they raise their children to the standards of American acceptability. Reminding them what to do to keep their children safe would probably go in one ear and out the other!

They care about themselves #1 and make sure the child doesn't disrupt or threaten their own lifestyle. Neglect, physical and emotional abuse seem common with people of this ILK.

I think something is wrong with our society in dealing with people like this. And we are now seeing a surge of cases like this as though it is an epidemic.

In my mind I compare it to the economic term Laissez Faire and am sure George Whatley and Ben Franklin would :waitasec: to see their thoughts applied to raising children. LOL Maybe not.

But I see it as having the same principles, not setting measures or guidelines that might hinder the benefit of the parent and threaten the lifestyle they desire, leaving these children to roam almost freely, like little weeds, with little direction and guidance for their futures. It is a path of least resistance IMO.

I think we need to revamp the penalties, bump up the sentencing and take a whole new stance on Child Services straight across the board where it comes down to the importance of each child. xox

I know this atty (Sickels) and I can ask him on Monday. I am 99.9% sure that what I stated previously is correct, though. I am a criminal defense atty. Please don't flame me. :)
I promise not to if you will forgive me when I flame other defense Lia..attorneys. LOL You may be good for me here. I need to see humanity from a defense attorney which has been lacking in so many cases we have seen lately. :blowkiss:

I don't think they shared in the actual act. If GK borrowed the van for this particular afternoon (makes me sick to my stomach to think about that van parked out in those woods) and his intent wasn't to kill her but that is the end result, Smith gets word that he has to come help GK, that the girl is dead and the reality is that she died in the back of Smith the RSO's van. So he says he will help but the van is GK's and he is taking his car.

As far as protecting these kids from RSO's the only people that can truly do that effectively is the caretakers. The public may be in the right place at the right time to intervene in a couple, but we can't truly protect them. These mothers need to be held accountable for their decision making.

Leave your kid in a hot car, probably will be charged.
Have your toddler picked up in traffic, you will probably be charged.
Filthy house, no food, they might take your kids from you.

At a minimum stand by while someone else beats your kid, we don't do anything. Proactively insert a "father figure" into your daughters life who is a sex offender and you have no responsibility? It is all on him? It makes me want to scream!

My mother and her drug addict ways brought these kinds of creeps around all the time (prior to the RSO labels though) and I can tell you as an adult I think the guys were twisted and sick but it wasn't their job to protect me. In my moments of seething anger, it is all directed solely at her. And I could list the number of adults who have said to me "OMG what she use to do to you was so horrible".... and I am always stunned that they can look me in the eye and say they knew and didn't do anything. And there are so many more children out there in that type of situation, the ones that don't escalate to violence or missing kids that will just go on silently.
bbm
I TOTALLY agree with you. No matter how far we advance in protecting innocents from sex offenders, it will all be for nought until we prosecute parents who knowingly place their children in harm's way. I am so sorry you had to experience that first hand. :blowkiss:

Sorry for the OT but I had to vent somewhere:furious: These parents who think that it is ok for kids to be unsupervised...I just don't understand! WHEN will they get it?! Do they not watch the news?!

My daughter and I just returned from shopping at the mall. We saw one of her friends (14 yr. old girl) walking through the parking lot alone while we were leaving, so I stopped to ask if she was alright. She was leaving to WALK home! That would have been a good mile walk down an 8 lane, heavy traffic road and another mile through crack-infested neighborhoods! I was determined to not let her do that. Then she said that she does it all the time. I told her that we would give her a ride home, so she hopped in. I handed her my cell phone & told her to call her mom to let her know that she was being brought home by a friend's parent. She then shook her head and said "NO! My mom gets really pizzed when I call and bother her at night!" I was so angry! This is a beautiful 14 yr. old girl, wearing tiny shorts and a tank top...she was set to walk through an area plagued with prostitues and drug dealers! I swear she could easily have become a statistic. When I took her home, I told her mother that if she ever needed me to pick her daughter up to give me a call - that allowing her to walk home like that was dangerous...she kindly asked me to mind my own business...that her daughter was old enough to take care of herself!

Again, sorry for the rant and OT. I wish that every parent was required to spend 6 months on WS reading about these cases...maybe they would wake up and things would change:banghead:

:shocked2: I need an avatar for a chill up my spine, the idea of a perp revisiting a dump site; I suppose it is a gravesite more than the type of dump site a stranger would go for. From the first report of Nevaeh being found covered with cement, I felt that the murderer had to have some kind of closeness with Nevaeh, be it emotional, physical, geographical. A stranger did not do this.

Well, here's my theory: JB was at a loss after GK started dating SG. JB figured GK wasn't with her anymore because of Nevaeh so she took care of the problem.

I really think that is what we are going to find here. JB has talked about Nevaeh in the past tense since day 1 and she has repeatedly defended GK. I think JB was heartbroken over GK's new relationship with the woman who bleeds from tats.

Salem

PS - Welcome Prof. As SS said, be aware you may soon find yourself addicted :)

Well, here's my theory: JB was at a loss after GK started dating SG. JB figured GK wasn't with her anymore because of Nevaeh so she took care of the problem.

I really think that is what we are going to find here. JB has talked about Nevaeh in the past tense since day 1 and she has repeatedly defended GK. I think JB was heartbroken over GK's new relationship with the woman who bleeds from tats.

Salem

You know I wondered about that jealousy factor with the new gf. She keeps claiming they were not "involved", but I doubt it.

So true! The only thing I'm slightly confused about is exactly when GK was taken into custody. My understanding is it was shortly after Nevaeh was reported missing. However, there also seems to be a time gap when JB last saw her and the call to LE, while she was supposedly out looking for her? As much as I think that GK could be involved, I don't see him having time to bury her. So my next thought is it possible he passed her off to a RSO "friend"? :waitasec: MOO

I just watched NG again. I caught another point. The comment was that the perp had a lot of time to bury her and pour the cement, that he was very comfortable at that dump site. No hurried dump.

You might be surprised how many of them do stay quiet and go right back to the home that sent them out the door. They either keep the secret, or how many adults have you heard say they told their mom and "She didn't believe them".

Honestly not surprised red, my point exactly :hug: Perps who offend KNOWING they will not risk exposure have CALCULATED THE COST.
:furious:

:parrot:

Sorry for the OT but I had to vent somewhere:furious: These parents who think that it is ok for kids to be unsupervised...I just don't understand! WHEN will they get it?! Do they not watch the news?!

My daughter and I just returned from shopping at the mall. We saw one of her friends (14 yr. old girl) walking through the parking lot alone while we were leaving, so I stopped to ask if she was alright. She was leaving to WALK home! That would have been a good mile walk down an 8 lane, heavy traffic road and another mile through crack-infested neighborhoods! I was determined to not let her do that. Then she said that she does it all the time. I told her that we would give her a ride home, so she hopped in. I handed her my cell phone & told her to call her mom to let her know that she was being brought home by a friend's parent. She then shook her head and said "NO! My mom gets really pizzed when I call and bother her at night!" I was so angry! This is a beautiful 14 yr. old girl, wearing tiny shorts and a tank top...she was set to walk through an area plagued with prostitues and drug dealers! I swear she could easily have become a statistic. When I took her home, I told her mother that if she ever needed me to pick her daughter up to give me a call - that allowing her to walk home like that was dangerous...she kindly asked me to mind my own business...that her daughter was old enough to take care of herself!

Again, sorry for the rant and OT. I wish that every parent was required to spend 6 months on WS reading about these cases...maybe they would wake up and things would change:banghead:

UNREAL..Thanks for sharing the story. I guess this is another case about a mother that is not a mother. I feel for this 14 yr. old girl and hope nothing ever happens to her....it will be her mother's fault. Its terrible that she can't turn to her mother when she needs someone. I would want to follow this girl every night to make sure she is safe. Again, thanks for the story and you are very kind to do what you did to help.

Salem

That will depend on the results of the autopsy. If no molestation, I'll buy your theory!

Salem

Just a couple of questions ~ who would've helped her disposing of the body and with the cement? Or did she have someone else "take care of the problem"? :waitasec:

I promise not to if you will forgive me when I flame other defense Lia..attorneys. LOL You may be good for me here. I need to see humanity from a defense attorney which has been lacking in so many cases we have seen lately. :blowkiss:

trust me...we are not the scum of the earth, and in fact our jobs defend the constitution more than anything else. I don't take CSC cases at all though. No way.

(Bold by Me)
I don't think they shared in the actual act. If GK borrowed the van for this particular afternoon (makes me sick to my stomach to think about that van parked out in those woods) and his intent wasn't to kill her but that is the end result, Smith gets word that he has to come help GK, that the girl is dead and the reality is that she died in the back of Smith the RSO's van. So he says he will help but the van is GK's and he is taking his car.

As far as protecting these kids from RSO's the only people that can truly do that effectively is the caretakers. The public may be in the right place at the right time to intervene in a couple, but we can't truly protect them. These mothers need to be held accountable for their decision making.

At a minimum stand by while someone else beats your kid, we don't do anything. Proactively insert a "father figure" into your daughters life who is a sex offender and you have no responsibility? It is all on him? It makes me want to scream!

My mother and her drug addict ways brought these kinds of creeps around all the time (prior to the RSO labels though) and I can tell you as an adult I think the guys were twisted and sick but it wasn't their job to protect me. In my moments of seething anger, it is all directed solely at her. And I could list the number of adults who have said to me "OMG what she use to do to you was so horrible".... and I am always stunned that they can look me in the eye and say they knew and didn't do anything. And there are so many more children out there in that type of situation, the ones that don't escalate to violence or missing kids that will just go on silently.

I don't know if this has been mentioned AND I don't know if related but there is an "Elmer" with the same last name as GK's SO friend Roy that lives on N Custer Rd - #4575 which isn't far from the area where Navaeh was found. He may be no relation at all or who knows, he may be. Unable to access any land/property deeds online. (Anyone else been able to?)
JMOO

I just watched NG again. I caught another point. The comment was that the perp had a lot of time to bury her and pour the cement, that he was very comfortable at that dump site. No hurried dump.
I posted what you replied to before I saw the article regarding the 90 lb. bag of cement, possibly being stolen from the only vendor which sells it ~ conveniently located right next to where GK lives. Now I'm beginning to think the timeline of when Nevaeh actually went missing is way off, and he would've had plenty of time, especially if he were familiar with the area, already had the concrete, and maybe had a helper. MOO

Are the autopsy results expected to go public tomorrow or are they waiting for Monday? Or are they already out and I missed it?

Wow. My family is all from Monroe. I haven't been there in awhile but I have been so isolated from the news lately and I've heard about her missing and my aunt and uncle were posting about it on facebook. How sad. :(

Salem

It's a good theory, imo. Maybe she called him afterward, and he took care of things. That would also explain why she was so quick to defend him and was so concerned about him being in jail. She felt responsible for putting him there. Nevermind what happened to her sweet daughter. :furious:

I read something about a third woman who pays GK's rent at the motel. Is this just a rumor, or has she been mentioned in the news?

Snipped

After a security guard told him that police had been at the apartments looking for her, Kennedy said Nevaeh's mother reached him on his cell phone to tell him that sheriff's deputies wanted to talk to him about the missing girl because they learned he was a convicted sex offender.

Sorry Nomoresorrow, I'm way back, but am a bit confused. So where do we go from the point in time from Navaeh's mom reaching GK on his phone and told LE wants to tt him and she and he then drive back to his apt and LE are there waiting for him. And he is then taken into custody for a PV.

I wonder what time they hooked up. Have we learned the time of his arrest that night, maybe on booking records. There just has to be a way to find that out, I mean even in Portugal we were able to find their report docs to get the log in time for both agencies who responded to the crime!

I just want to try and tighten the timeline. xox

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Bravo! You are right. It is twofold.

However, I want to stress that not every mother is responsible because she missed the signs or trusted a person close to them. Sometimes it is out of their control to protect their children no matter the safeguards in place to prevent it.

I grew up entirely from another place in which life was perfect...except for the professionals and the political crowd who possessed and protected the same scum. It is across the board. They come from all walks of life and they are all just as dangerous to our children.

I am so sorry for what you had to go through. Today, we need to change society's conscience before we can make an impact for our children and their children. We have to change the way they think and do something about the way pervs survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur