MI - Nevaeh Buchanan, 5, Monroe, 24 May 2009 - scooter abandoned - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MONROE — The man who called authorities after finding a body on the banks of the River Raisin said he and his father unknowingly sat for hours fishing from atop a concrete block not knowing it contained a body.

Guy Binkley, 51, told The Blade Friday morning that the body — believed to be that of 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchannan — was encased in some sort of concrete ready mix just feet from the river near Dixon Road in Raisinville Township.

Mr. Binkley said he and his 72-year-old father, who was visiting from out of state, went to the river to fish about 9:30 a.m. Thursday. They were sitting on the rocks and on a piece of concrete and Mr. Binkley said he occassionally kicked his foot at it.

He said they noticed a foul odor but thought it was decaying fish.

The father and son were at the river for about two hours before Mr. Binkley said he again kicked his foot into the concrete and a piece flipped off of it. Then he saw flies and discovered human skin.

They immediately called 911 and police authorities and said they waited at the scene for about two hours until an officer arrived.
http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll...WS02/906059965

Here you go BB

I don't suppose LE gave a reason why it took them 2 hours to arrive, did they? It ticks me off this wasn't a priority call.

The report from the woman upstairs sheds new light on things if JB was to take Nevaeh to the store. Is there a link?

More stories here. Check the links on the sides after you click on an aritcle. All the other articles will be there.

http://www.freep.com/

what is the addy or road of the discovery?

This is what I saw last night but someone else might have more info to offer:

Earlier, police cordoned off an area near the River Raisin around Dixon Road in the area of Ida-Maybee and Neiman roads. By 7 p.m., at least four people in white Hazmat suits were walking along the south bank of the River Raisin in an area just east of railroad tracks near Yensch Road.

How sad, that poor man. I can't imagine finding something like that, especially if you had been sitting there for hours with the smell, then all the flies. My heart goes out to him.

So sad. And he has to think about the fact that his feet were right on top of her poor, little body. I feel for him and his father. I too feel that he was led to that spot by some unseen force, just like Roy Kronk in Caylee's case.

I'm sorry nurse, that was my fault about the links. I was being lazy (I have a bad habit of that BTW)

Article that gives description of area about 1/3 down the article:

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090605/METRO/906050375/Body-may-be-Monroe-girl--5

And then the link of the map that E-U-R had tried to work out last night:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...d=108851804349303389965.00046b938f911473f7663

Hi, And I got my 2 map links to work that were from pp 18 of the last thread. They are in my previous post above. xox

Yes, it had to be someone familiar with the area.

I am confused on the reports of Nevaeh going into the woods and the report about visiting "Daddy George" plus her being poked or stabbed in the stomach from the children. Where did the report come from intially? (I heard it on HLN.)

ETA: The article cleared this up and raises many more questions about JB.:

Despite a search warrant that says he saw a man stab 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan in woods after she disappeared, her 8-year-old friend saw nothing, his mother said.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605036

This has probably been discussed, I'm way behind, but where was the perp fishing when the mom told him Neveah was missing ?
I know he changed his story, but LE should be able to find out where he was when he was called with the news.

Yes, it had to be someone familiar with the area.

I am confused on the reports of Nevaeh going into the woods and the report about visiting "Daddy George" plus her being poked or stabbed in the stomach from the children. Where did the report come from intially? (I heard it on HLN.)

ETA: The article cleared this up and raises many more questions about JB.:

Despite a search warrant that says he saw a man stab 5-year-old Nevaeh Buchanan in woods after she disappeared, her 8-year-old friend saw nothing, his mother said.

http://www.freep.com/article/20090605/NEWS05/90605036

Good question SS, I though it was one of the original links in the case. We heard about that very soon after the case broke. LOL Just now see your ETA ;}

I believe it is a bit to the left (west) on that bend in the river between Sullivan & Nieman on Dixon.

Now I really have questions about JB. She was so sure that she was taken by a car when she first disappeared and talked about her in past tense. I hope LE has looked real long and hard at her too!:confused:

I noticed that she talked about her in past tense...I hope LE focuses on her more.

Based on the map it's a pretty easy dump site, do we have more information that GK worked with concrete?? Was that his last place of employment?

Also in one of the articles listed today, Jennifer's neighbor upstairs stated as saying that Nevaeh was playing with her son and then left with Jennifer and that was the last time the neighbor saw Nevaeh. Did Jennifer pass her off to GK and perhaps the scooter was out in the parking lot from when the 2 kids played together earlier?

Will autopsy results be completed today?

Good question SS, I though it was one of the original links in the case. We heard about that very soon after the case broke. LOL Just now see your ETA ;}

The main road over there is M-50 but back off of 50 it is farmland then the river as you go north. hope that helps...

When it is appropriate I can get some pictures for us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
musicmusette