MI - NEW NETFLIX SERIES - Aundria Bowman, 14, murdered, Holland, 11 March 1989 *located 2020, adoptive father convicted*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I will also add from my work experience it takes a whole different level of depravity to dismember a body and add on top of that it being a family member; that puts this guy right up there with the most evil of people.
Welcome CSI1005,
Tricia

There certainly are self-delusion and self-serving elements to BB. She fears being alone. The remaining daughter's deep mindset is unknown. Was she fully unaware of her father's evil?

As per 'keeping Alexis close': BB ended up parting out Alexis' remains, so not sharing wasn't necessarily a significant weight to her. I suspect it was an act of minimal sympathy, and maybe more so an act of 'here, take a piece of your daughter and leave us alone!'.
Dennis and his wife cut Alexis in half twice; seemingly like-minded.

Dennis Bowman cut Alexis in half so he could fit her into a cardboard barrel. After Dennis (against his wife's wishes) revealed the "close" location of Alexis in the backyard, she was cremated.

Dennis' wife gave half of Alexis' remains to her natural mother, and put the rest of her in a can on the shelf. I think a loving mother, or loving adoptive mother, would choose to keep Alexis whole in death ... especially since she was cut in half in life. Not Mrs. Bowman. She cut Alexis in half again. Everyone grieves differently, but ... you're right: looks like minimal sympathy.

I think @CarlK90245 and @Aundria62374 would also be pleased to know that their documentary may have contributed to another cold case break.

We have another new member whose been searching for decades for the long, lost brother she's never met. She came to Websleuths yesterday after having just watched a documentary on Netflix of a mother searching for her daughter (I highly suspect that documentary was Into The Fire). Seeing the site mentionned, she came here and found a name familiar and has now been in contact with LE regarding provision of DNA samples to see if this particular UID is her long, lost brother.

Another family may be getting some answers and another UID their name. That is always good!

Last edited:
It's alleged that he abducted and sexually assaulted a 6 year old before there were reports of attempted teen attacks. Attacks against adult women were later - if I understand the timeline correctly. Please correct me if I'm mistaken.

From break and enter, to stealing underwear, to crawling through windows to rape and murder - gradually increased level of violence. Raping, murdering, and dismembering a family member boggles the senses - but there's little doubt that, after Dennis was released from prison (Alexis a 11 years old), both parents no longer viewed her as a family member.
The assault against Metta occurred in September of 1989. As a side note - coincidentally (or maybe not), only three days after this abduction, Brenda called police to report that she had found a magazine among Aundria's belongings. The magazine included an article about runaways, and inside the magazine was a piece of paper with the name, telephone number, and address of a Holland girl. The address on the piece of paper was of a residence only about 200 yards from the corner where Metta was abducted.

The breaking and entering occurred in 1996.

The assault with intent to commit CSC to the 18 year old bicyclist occurred in May of 1980.

The assault against Metta occurred in September of 1989. As a side note - coincidentally (or maybe not), only three days after this abduction, Brenda called police to report that she had found a magazine among Aundria's belongings. The magazine included an article about runaways, and inside the magazine was a piece of paper with the name, telephone number, and address of a Holland girl. The address on the piece of paper was of a residence only about 200 yards from the corner where Metta was abducted.

The breaking and entering occurred in 1996.

The assault with intent to commit CSC to the 18 year old bicyclist occurred in May of 1980.
He attacked a woman driving her car, too, didn't he? Lied and told her her tail light was out. Does anyone remember when that was?

I think this is the list of known, and almost known (Metta) victims:
  • October 1979 - female, age 27, bound, gagged, sexual assault
  • May 1980 - female, age 19, cyclist, gun, five year sentence
  • September 1980 - Kathleen Doyle, age 25, Virginia
  • March 1989 - Aundria Bowman, age 14
  • September 1989 - Metta, age 6, attempted sexual assault (probable)
  • 1996-98 - Vicki Vanden Brink, age 28, break and enter
Source: Atavist

There certainly are self-delusion and self-serving elements to BB. She fears being alone. The remaining daughter's deep mindset is unknown. Was she fully unaware of her father's evil?

As per 'keeping Alexis close': BB ended up parting out Alexis' remains, so not sharing wasn't necessarily a significant weight to her. I suspect it was an act of minimal sympathy, and maybe more so an act of 'here, take a piece of your daughter and leave us alone!'.
The Netflix Documentary brought me here as well!

I fear we may have a case of Adoptive parents have their own kid so now the adoptive kid is no longer “our kid” with Alexis. From what the documentary Shows, it seems that Dennis went away when she was 6-11. Once he got out, Brenda found out she was pregnant a little less or more than a year later. VB (natural daughter) was 14 months at the time. I believe that they probably put on the facade of the “living family” after everything happened. Knowing how much Brenda loved VB and Dennis would do anything to keep Brenda happy. I don’t think it’s far fetched that he didn’t see Alexis as “family” and thus engaged her as fair game. The man is truly despicable

The Netflix Documentary brought me here as well!

I fear we may have a case of Adoptive parents have their own kid so now the adoptive kid is no longer “our kid” with Alexis. From what the documentary Shows, it seems that Dennis went away when she was 6-11. Once he got out, Brenda found out she was pregnant a little less or more than a year later. VB (natural daughter) was 14 months at the time. I believe that they probably put on the facade of the “living family” after everything happened. Knowing how much Brenda loved VB and Dennis would do anything to keep Brenda happy. I don’t think it’s far fetched that he didn’t see Alexis as “family” and thus engaged her as fair game. The man is truly despicable

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kenzie201
Back