MI MI - Raven Jeffries, 7, Detroit, 4 August 2006

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Mabel said:
Me too, Shadow. It sounded as if the DPD was very close to making an arrest weeks ago. I wonder what happened.

What happened to the ice cream man and the family friend that is a pervert?
They have to find out who did that to this beautiful little girl. I think it was someone that she knew. I wonder if they have found out anything about Raven's bedding?

There was never any suspicion that the ice cream man was involved. That was just a joke made by one of the posters. A family owned ice cream parlor in Detroit donated 75 cents from each cone sold on a particular day to help pay for Raven's burial expenses. They had never actually met her or her family.

I'm glad you cleared that up.

SewingDeb said:
I'm glad you cleared that up.

Me too. I wonder what happened with the predator that was the family friend? Wouldn't you think that someone would have seen something...a neighbor or someone? Seems like her mother had gone to the store to get stuff for a BBQ so it must have been early in the evening before dinner time.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/10006630/detail.html

Two months after Raven Jeffries was found murdered, police are still searching for her killer.Her family held a vigil Wednesday night in the southwest Detroit neighborhood where Raven disappeared in early August.Her badly burned body was later found in a field in Romulus.

Family and friends placed candles, pictures and a butterfly to honor the memory of the 7-year-old.

**Once again, a killer walks free in the city of Detroit. This is so aggravating and frustrating!**

Jinxie, I hope not. I hope the police are closing in on a suspect. Raven deserves justice.

I, too am getting frustrated with the progress in finding Raven's killer. Praying for justice...

I'm so glad that LE are bound and determined to find Raven's killer. Such a horrible thing to do to that beautiful little girl and then to set her body on fire. I hope anyone that knows who did this has nightmares every night. Killers probably don't have nightmares.

I pray that LE gets some evidence back from the crime lab that leads them straight to the killer. We all want justice for Raven.

from http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/10329598/detail.html

The mother of 7-year-old Raven Jeffries said she believes she knows who murdered her daughter.Jeffries vanished from her southwest Detroit neighborhood more than four months ago, and her badly burned body was discovered days later, Local 4 reported.Local 4 has learned that at least 30 people have been questioned and the suspect list is narrowing down on a local man. Those interviewed lived in Detroit, Taylor and Lincoln Park.

Police said new DNA evidence may soon help them solve the case.Family members would not name names, but police said the neighborhood where the family lives is riddled with drugs and dealers. Police said the killer is likely suffering from severe mental problems.The family erected a holiday memorial in Jeffries' honor on Wednesday. Jeffries' mother also created a memorial Web site where people can log in and leave tips.If anyone has any information, they are being asked to call a tipline at 734-942-6879.

Not much of one...but at least she is still actively in the news! This one has stuck with me..sorry if it has been posted elsewhere!

Here is the direct link to Raven's memorial website..not sure if the above would be clickable.

http://www.ravenmariejeffries.com/

Raven's murder has stuck with me too. Such a pretty little girl just out minding her own business waiting for her mom to get back from the store. I really want to see her get justice and the person who would do such horrble things to a little girl arrested, convicted, and in prison for the rest of his rotten life. He should get LWOP if not the death penalty.

I am so glad to see they are narrowing down the list of suspects. Maybe an arrest will come soon.

How sad, I hadnt heard about this case but read through the pages. I hope they find out what happened to her, unfortunately no death penalty up here they would certainly deserve it :mad:

Detroit is a corrupt town, the mayor is at the thick of it. A large amount of police force was laid off but he has a 21 person security team with him wherever he is. He closes zoos, schools, city buses, firefighters, and closes the aquarium.

Yet he spends $200,000 (not a typo) on his pool at his house at the city's expense. His wife's vehicle (escalade) paid by the city, he plays the race card saying his reputation is only bad because he is a black man, and at a party in his house someone was raped. He denies it completely and had some people laid off who were investigating it.

Here's a website of just how many things he has done. Detroit doesnt have the proper police staff to investigate it since most of their time is investigating the mayor. http://kingkwame.com/

The search for the person responsible for killing a 7-year-old girl and burning her body received international attention recently with the case airing on "America's Most Wanted."

The charred body of Raven Jeffries, who lived in southwest Detroit, was found Aug. 7 in a remote field near Ecorse and Henry Ruff roads in Romulus.

She was reported missing Aug. 4 and was last seen alive playing in her yard at about 8 p.m.

As a result of the case being featured last month on the television show, hosted by John Walsh, nine tips were passed along to Romulus police.

Detective Josh Monte, the lead investigator, said at least three individuals from the little girl's neighborhood called in after the show with information.

There also were callers who provided information about individuals who might be connected with Jeffries' death. A few other tips offered information police already had.

http://www.thenewsherald.com/stories/040407/loc_20070404003.shtml

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/13254324/detail.html

ROMULUS, Mich. -- For months her killer has been out there, and Rescue 4 revealed on Thursday that Romulus police may be closer to solving the slaying of 7-year-old Raven Jeffries, who was killed last summer.Jeffries' mother, Brenda, said she recently discovered a video on her cell phone that she did not know was there, and it was filmed by Raven. The video was shot the same day Raven disappeared and it shows her singing and dancing.Brenda Jeffries shared the video with Local 4 while standing in a memorial garden that she dedicated to her daughter.

"With this here people will see that, that this is how much I'm grieving over my daughter," she said of her memorial.Police said the 7-year-old's badly burned body was discovered a few days after she was reported missing last August, and her mother said she knows who did it."They're not going to get away with it. Not as long as I'm living," she said. "I don't understand how anybody could do this to a child and not even have no remorse. They have no remorse at all."Romulus police Detective Dwayne Decaires said he has been on the case from the very beginning, working daily to try and solve it."I've been doing this for over 20 years. This will be the one case that will stick with me for the rest of my career and probably the rest of my life," he said. "The person that's able to do this is not just violent and cruel but just a very evil person. "Officials said the results of DNA samples sent to labs in Quantico, Va., and the Michigan State Police are expected back at the end of May.Tips generated from America's Most Wanted confirm what police said they suspected.Police said the suspect list has also narrowed considerably.

***I'm going to keep my thoughts to myself here...BUT what are yours?**

It's been nine months since the charred body of 7-year-old Raven Jeffries was discovered in a remote field in Romulus, and for her mother, the wait for justice has been agonizing.

"I'm just frustrated because no one is actually helping me get the people I feel did this to my daughter," said Brenda Jeffries.

New developments in the case may yield clues, however.

Forensic tests expected back soon from the Michigan State Police Crime Laboratory in Northville may shed new light on the case. The tests are of blood and trace evidence found at the scene, said Romulus Police Detective Joshua Monte. He said police have received 50-60 tips in the case, but none has produced any reliable leads.

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070510/METRO01/705100407

At heart, in the best way, this is something Pauley Perrette did for herself. Something to remind her how fortunate she is, how valuable a helping hand can be and how quickly contentment can give way to calamity.

Something to solve the murder of a beautiful child.

Perrette, 38, is a Southern-bred actress. She plays forensic scientist Abby Sciuto on the CBS drama "NCIS."

Raven Jeffries was a 7-year-old riding her bicycle on her block in southwest Detroit.

Thirteen months ago, Raven disappeared. A maintenance worker found her body 10 days later in a field near a radio tower in Romulus. Whoever kidnapped and killed her had doused her with an accelerant and set her afire.

There have been no arrests, no significant breaks. But thanks to Perrette, there's now a reward -- $10,000 for the tip that solves the case.

With Perrette in a lead role, Raven's slaying will be featured at 9 p.m. Saturday when "America's Most Wanted" makes its season debut on Fox. The show also will focus on Shannon Paulk, who was 11 when she was murdered six years ago in Prattville, Ala.

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070905/OPINION03/709050405/1005/LIFESTYLE

glad to hear this is still in other peoples heads too..

does anyone know if you AMW does a live broadcast via the internet while it's airing on TV? I won't be able to grab the show, but will have access to internet that night.

glad to hear this is still in other peoples heads too..

does anyone know if you AMW does a live broadcast via the internet while it's airing on TV? I won't be able to grab the show, but will have access to internet that night.

If you're talking about the show about Raven and Shannon and with Pauley Perrette, then it was on last night.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kat kruck
Back