GUILTY MI - Renisha McBride, 19, shot while trying to get help, Detroit, Nov 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
even if it were an accident when he pulled the trigger, he has to take some responsibility. IMO.

hello all :seeya:..........sorry to pop in.........do we have any idea if this will be streamed? i watched the pretrial hearings live, so i was hoping it would be.......

:tyou:

this should have been plead out or at least...an accident crime of passion: fear.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 7m
We have a jury in #TheodoreWafer! 7 men and 7 women.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3m
Jury in #TheodoreWafer 2 -Black Men 2 - Black Women 1- Arab Male, 2 - Minority Women 4- White Males 2 - White Women via@TheTrialFile

Or it is likely that the jury pool based on demographics will be different and they WILL convict all things considered. District Attorneys are after wins, just like defense attorneys.

Honestly I can't wrap my mind around the fact this man is being prosecuted. He was minding his own business, she was out there committing crimes.

I also think we need to look at character and past history, was he known to engage in criminal behavior? Assaults, drunk driving, etc.... If he wasn't that means a LOT in my mind.

If a prostitute is raped, does her rapist get away scott free if he doesn't have any priors? This reasoning isn't sound, and it's not what our justice system is based upon.

It's not about Renisha's past. This case is about whether the defendant acted reasonably in the situation he was faced with. And I stand by my earlier statements in this case - there's more we haven't heard, for prosecutors to take this to trial. Trials are long, difficult, and sometimes risky. Although all attorneys like to win, most criminal cases plead out. This is exactly the type of case which would plead to a lesser charge if the state felt that it was a gray area. To pursue a jury trial says a lot to me about the evidence they have.

hello all :seeya:..........sorry to pop in.........do we have any idea if this will be streamed? i watched the pretrial hearings live, so i was hoping it would be.......

:tyou:
bump :)

Jury seated for Renisha McBride murder trial

Dearborn Heights man charged with second-degree murder in porch shooting

DETROIT -
The trial of a Dearborn Heights man who fatally shot a woman on his porch will begin at 9 a.m. Wednesday.

More than two dozen people were dismissed Tuesday before a judge and lawyers finally seated a jury. The jury selected process began Monday morning.

Judge Dana Hathaway asked potential jurors their views on guns, self-defense and race...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/jury-seated-for-renisha-mcbride-murder-trial/27093788

July 22, 2014 at 4:50 pm

Jury is selected in Dearborn Heights porch shooting trial

Oralandar Brand-Williams/The Detroit News

Detroit — A jury was seated Tuesday in the murder trial of Theodore Wafer, the Dearborn Heights homeowner charged in the November shooting death of Detroit teen Renisha McBride.

Nearly 70 potential jurors were questioned Monday and Tuesday to seat the jury of seven men and seven women. There are four African-Americans — two men and two women — on the jury.

McBride’s aunt had earlier expressed concern during a court break Tuesday that too many African-American women were being dismissed from the jury. Defense attorney Cheryl Carpenter said Tuesday she was happy with the jury makeup. Earlier in court Carpenter told Hathaway she was not happy that the prosecution dismissed several jurors who were gun advocates.

Carpenter’s co-counsel, her father Mack, said “all we want is for the jury to follow the evidence in the case and listen to the jury instructions.” ...

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140722/METRO01/307220062#ixzz38I1pPp00

Opening statements set in Renisha McBride murder trial

Jury picked, opening statements next

Author:

Published On: Jul 23 2014 03:00:24 AM EDT

After two days of jury selection, lawyers are poised to give opening statements in the trial of a Detroit-area man who opened his front door and shot an unarmed woman, killing her.

Theodore Wafer, an airport employee with no criminal record, is charged with second-degree murder. Wafer says he heard pounding at the door and fired his shotgun in self-defense in the death of 19-year-old Renisha McBride last November.

Opening statements are expected Wednesday...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/opening-statements-set-in-renisha-mcbride-murder-trial/27103310

Arguments Heard in Porch-Shooting Death

Opening arguments were presented and the first witnesses were called Wednesday in the trial of a suburban Detroit man charged with fatally shooting a woman on his porch, with a prosecutor calling the defendant's actions "unnecessary, unjustified, and unreasonable." Theodore Wafer, 55, who is white, faces second-degree murder, manslaughter and felony firearm charges in the November 2013 killing of Renisha McBride, 19, who was black and was unarmed. The case has been likened to the 2012 shooting of Trayvon Martin.

Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Danielle Hagaman-Clark played Wafer's 911 call, in which he says he shot someone on his front porch, and showed a graphic photo of McBride after she was shot. "His actions that night were unnecessary, unjustified and unreasonable. Because of what he did that night, a 19-year-old girl is dead on a porch in Dearborn Heights." ...

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/unjustified-opening-arguments-heard-porch-shooting-death-n162851

Opening statements set in Renisha McBride murder trial

Jury picked, opening statements next

Author:

Published On: Jul 23 2014 03:00:24 AM EDT

After two days of jury selection, lawyers are poised to give opening statements in the trial of a Detroit-area man who opened his front door and shot an unarmed woman, killing her.

Theodore Wafer, an airport employee with no criminal record, is charged with second-degree murder. Wafer says he heard pounding at the door and fired his shotgun in self-defense in the death of 19-year-old Renisha McBride last November.

Opening statements are expected Wednesday...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/opening-statements-set-in-renisha-mcbride-murder-trial/27103310

So, according to Wafer she was pounding on the door so hard that the floor and windows were shaking?? Really?

"The banging continued and was so severe that the "floor was shaking, the picture window was rattling," she said, so Wafer eventually loaded his shotgun, opened the front door and fired, hitting McBride in the face."

I think that the statement above probably did more harm to her client than the Prosecution's opening statement. What happened to the "accidentally fired the shotgun" story that was told at the beginning of this case? :thinking:

"The banging continued and was so severe that the "floor was shaking, the picture window was rattling," she said, so Wafer eventually loaded his shotgun, opened the front door and fired, hitting McBride in the face."

The prosecutor in that clip said the door and the screen door were both LOCKED when he fired the shot.

Isn't that what she said? That means Wafer shot clean through the door (which would have been ideal IF an assailant started to break it down or gain entrance). That makes a lot more sense if this was self-defense.

The defense is going with self-defense.
Well I know that but you can't unring the bell. The defense's case is so weak right now. IMO there is no way on earth they are going to show that he was so afraid for his life but decided to open the locked front door. No way.

The prosecutor in that clip said the door and the screen door were both LOCKED when he fired the shot.

Isn't that what she said? That means Wafer shot clean through the door (which would have been ideal IF an assailant started to break it down or gain entrance). That makes a lot more sense if this was self-defense.

He opened the solid front door, the storm door which had a screen in it at the time was still locked. He shot through the screen door.

I missed the opening statements as I was told the stream cut off, I did get to watch the mother and the friends testimony thus far. Waiting for the rest of day one to be posted on YouTube.

But I was not impressed with the communication in the court, everyone was interrupting each other, I also heard the judge butt in a few times lol I was like Damn, where is the order in this court. Anyway being able to watch short clips of the defense via a news channel, I was not convinced. Like someone said above, the door banged so loud and the house shaked, he was woken up so violently by the bangs lol. So there was an earthquake caused by renisha and all that weed and alcohol in her, hours later. Give me strength, I believe he was frightened but you know damm well you should not have shot her, she was no way near you causing harm. Load of rubbish

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk now Free

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spurr15
Back