MI - Ron Kienzle, 63, & Joe Zangaro, 61, fatally shot, St Joseph, 11 July 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Most holsters have a locking mechanism in them to prevent the gun from being pulled straight out. I'm not sure why it was so easy for him to disarm the bailiff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Those "locking mechanism's" are made so the gun can't fall out of the holster. They are designed so that you need to use a hand to remove the gun. The holster doesn't know who the hand belongs to. JMO

Those "locking mechanism's" are made so the gun can't fall out of the holster. They are designed so that you need to use a hand to remove the gun. The holster doesn't know who the hand belongs to. JMO
I agree that it doesn't know who the hand belongs too. With mine u have to push down and back to pull the gun out. U could just pull straight up all day long and not get it out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

He's a great guy??? I really have no words

So we now know about the 17 year old and possibly a 16 year old. Does anyone think there could be more between those years?

From 2006 to 2016?

I am quite interested that we have had the 52 traffic related citations for Phil Castile, but there is not the national outcry over cop killer Larry Gordon who has this nasty criminal record.

Is cop killing so yesterday and we are on to new thrills?

and one more link to this disgusting story:

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2016/07/berrien_county_courthouse_shoo_2.html

Meanwhile, police found a 17-year-old girl in the shed, who told them she had had been held there against her will by Gordon for approximately two weeks.
He gave her methamphetamine in exchange for sex, she said, and forced some penetrations, strangled her and assaulted her with weapons, video recording the sexual activity.

Previous convictions include:

• 1992 a federal conviction for possession of pipe bomb;
  • 1998 in Barry County, fleeing and eluding 3rd degree;
  • 1998 a federal conviction for possession of pipe bomb;
  • 2002 a federal conviction for felon in possession of a firearm;
  • 2013 in Berrien County, larceny in a building.

Seems he should have been in jail from his previous criminal record. I remember when the accused wore the jail uniform, but it was frowned at cause it made them look guilty at trial, then it was the handcuffs that made them look bad and they allowed them to remove them in court. Time to put the cuffs and suits back on them. jmo idk

Seems he should have been in jail from his previous criminal record. I remember when the accused wore the jail uniform, but it was frowned at cause it made them look guilty at trial, then it was the handcuffs that made them look bad and they allowed them to remove them in court. Time to put the cuffs and suits back on them. jmo idk

This court appearance was a hearing in front of a judge.

Potentially prejudicial issues regarding the appearance of a defendant at a jury trial are separate issues that should have no bearing upon how this defendant was presented to the court.

I am quite interested that we have had the 52 traffic related citations for Phil Castile, but there is not the national outcry over cop killer Larry Gordon who has this nasty criminal record.

Is cop killing so yesterday and we are on to new thrills?
It is sad isn't it. Law enforcement being killed in the line of duty used to be big news. Now it seems to happen so frequently that the news just does a blurb on it and onto the next story. This has also happened to the stories on the three officers that were killed the day after Dallas. Report on it one day forget about it the next.

The funeral services have been announced for two bailiffs killed Monday, July 11, in the Berrien County courthouse.

Sheriff's deputy James Atterberry, Jr. also was released from the hospital Wednesday, July 13, after he was shot in the arm, according to a news release.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2016/07/13/berrien-county-bailiffs-shooting/87065296/

The visitation for Zangaro will be Thursday at Starks & Menchinger Chapel in St. Joseph, Michigan. His funeral will be held Friday at the Mendel Center at Lake Michigan College in Benton Harbor.

Kienzle’s visitation will be Sunday, also at Starks & Menchinger Chapel. His funeral will be held Monday, also at Mendel Center at Lake Michigan College.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriffs-d...-shooting-released-hospital/story?id=40565944

Larry Gordon, the western Michigan man accused of killing two Berrien County court officers in an escape attempt, was a regular volunteer at his daughter’s elementary school despite his extensive criminal record, which included two stints in federal prison.

Watervliet Public Schools officials confirmed that Gordon was a classroom volunteer at South Elementary in Watervliet for more than a year, prior to his arrest in April on kidnapping, rape and other charges.

"We do background checks. Unfortunately, the background check I saw I didn't see any violent crimes," Superintendent Kevin Schooley told WZZM News.

Federal and state court records show the 44-year-old Gordon had been in and out of trouble for the last two decades, including two federal convictions for crimes involving guns and pipe bombs.

The school never checked Gordon's record for federal crimes. Principal Carole Fetke said that's because employees get fingerprinted, but not volunteers. She says they did a background check for Gordon once in fall 2014 and then again in September 2015.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...er-volunteer-daughters-grade-school/87384374/

In 1992, Gordon was sentenced to 70 months in federal prison for possessing pipe bombs. In 1998, he went to state prison for more than four years for fleeing police. Three years later, he would end up back in federal prison, that time serving 51 months for firearms charges.

Much more:
http://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...rry-gordon-bailiff-shooting-berrien/87008852/

Was she not worried he'd fall in with the wrong crowd again?

Bills would crack down on courtroom attacks

A bill from state Rep. Andy Schor, D-Lansing, adds “attempts to cause” injury to court officials to the list of felony charges. A bill from state Rep. Sam Singh, D-East Lansing, raises the maximum sentence for a conviction from 10 to 15 years. State Sen. Curtis Hertel Jr., D-Meridian Township, introduced the same bills in his chamber.

Berrien Co. Courthouse shooter linked to 2006 teen sex victim

Coloma Township Police located a 17-year-old girl held captive in Gordon's shed in April 2016. That victim told investigators Gordon gave her drugs, repeatedly sexually assaulted her, and kept her locked up in the shed during the daytime.

According to police reports recently released to NewsCenter 16, officers received evidence of earlier abuse during the course of their investigation.

The majority of the images and video found on the media was that of a 16 or 17 year old victim taken in 2006.

Gordon's wife actually turned over the media to police on June 16, 2016 after she found a digital camera in her home.

I hope she's not blaming this on him falling in with the wrong crowd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ml202
Back